2011-2012 Johns Hopkins Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete 8/12, II 8/26, Interviewed 9/9

Wrong thread! oops.

Sorry for the rejection :( good luck elsewhere!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying really hard not to fall in love with this school. The faculty, facilities, and students were all amazing. Heck even the students I interviewed with were great. I thought my interviews went well...I guess I'll know if they thought the same in December. Congrats to those accepted, stay patient with those on hold, sorry to those with unfortunate news, and best of luck with those still waiting.

to all you accepted people:

1) congrats!!
2) did they tell you guys what date you would get a call on your interview day? and if so, how close were they to notifying you on that date?

Members don't see this ad :)
to all you accepted people:

1) congrats!!
2) did they tell you guys what date you would get a call on your interview day? and if so, how close were they to notifying you on that date?

They didn't say so it was a complete surprise. I liked it better that way! :)

Good luck! :luck:

They didn't say so it was a complete surprise. I liked it better that way! :)

Good luck! :luck:
Really? I thought they told us they would call the people that were accepted either on Sunday or Monday past for September interviews.

Really? I thought they told us they would call the people that were accepted either on Sunday or Monday past for September interviews.

Hmm, I might be mistaken then. I don't remember them telling our interview group (I interviewed the first day) and never wrote anything down in my folder but they might have told later interview days something once they decided. :)

someone who has recently interviewed-

how long was it between "application complete" email and your II? thanks!

and to all those accepted..............:cool::thumbup:

soo Valerie just called my mom in the US, and my mom gave her my email address. Haven't gotten an email yet, but is it all right to be tentatively excited about this...?

Edit: Accepted! Interviewed 9/22

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good work! At this pace, you're def going to have some tough decisions to make come May.

Also, I think I figured out your username. :ninja: Is there a prize? :D
Hmmmm, I'll be impressed if you figured it out. Unless you happen to have a face sheet from some school with my name on it... :)

I was just accepted today as well, got the call earlier this morning. Freaking great. :)

Marked complete today! Yay! (Submitted 8/3) :D

Interviewed 9/23 and haven't heard anything yet. This wait is killing me!:xf:

I was just accepted today as well, got the call earlier this morning. Freaking great. :)

Wow Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I am still waiting for my interview, but it's just wishful thinking haha. I have great respect for this school as well as anyone who attends here. I hope you guys bring some big change to the future of medicine!

did anybody who interviewed on 9/29 hear anything?

Nope not yet, though I interviewed a day after you. Hopefully we'll hear back this coming week.

Ugh, I know it would have been a long shot for me, but I'm super annoyed with myself that I didn't just put in an app for Hopkins for ****s and giggles. (And Harvard. And Yale.)

Sorry, had to let that out. /rant

Anyone who's interviewed here want to give more detail about how the process went, types of questions asked, etc? This will be my first interview and I'm not entirely sure what to expect (MSTP).

And more importantly, any tips for getting to the school from the BWI airport?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone who's interviewed here want to give more detail about how the process went, types of questions asked, etc? This will be my first interview and I'm not entirely sure what to expect (MSTP).

And more importantly, any tips for getting to the school from the BWI airport?

Thanks!

PM sent

How long after becoming complete did people begin receiving IIs? I didn't submit until the end of August, and I'm also still not complete : (

Has anyone gotten II recently or have any idea how far ahead they've booked their interview calendar?? Getting anxious... I submitted my app at the end of Jul and was "complete" by the end of Aug.

How long after becoming complete did people begin receiving IIs? I didn't submit until the end of August, and I'm also still not complete : (

I submitted before that and I'm still not complete lol.

I understand JHU does not screen applicants (mcat / gpa cut offs) and not every applicant is the same...

To the students who have interviewed (or are scheduled) here recently or current students here... what is the lowest mcat score that you know of... that got an interview & if they got accepted ?

I submitted before that and I'm still not complete lol.

Rahh, can we take this as a sign that JHU is just "slower" than other schools in reviewing applications? (as in, we shouldn't freak if our app was complete 2 months ago but haven't heard anything??)

I submitted in late July and it took 1 month till "complete"... if they're already taking 2+ months JUST to mark people as "complete" for those who submitted in August, then...

I understand there being a delay between complete and interview/no interview, because the interview season isn't nearly over yet. It's another thing to wait 3 months before being marked complete. That's all I was laughing at :)

Totally understand. Just encouragement that sometimes the process can be slow, but results can still be favorable (in response to a question of whether or not "freaking out" is warranted at this point).

If it makes you feel better, Hopkins accepts/rejects/waitlists interviewees a few weeks after their interview date. They're not holding everyone until March and re-reviewing applications, so your chances of getting in shouldn't change over the application season.

I called them and they said that they were gonna let the late September interviewees know by the end of this week.

I called them and they said that they were gonna let the late September interviewees know by the end of this week.

And they did! Accepted today via a phone call! Interviewed 9/30. I'm blessed and so, so lucky. Wishing the best for all of you! :luck:

Submitted secondary in mid-August.....complete today.

Does anyone know if Hopkins accepts file updates prior to an II? If so, in what format? Thank you!

I tried and they said they don't accept them.

Tried using the search function but couldn't find it...

For those of you with II, how were you informed? Call or email? (if MSTP, specifically, that would also be most helpful).

Thanks in advance!

Tried using the search function but couldn't find it...

For those of you with II, how were you informed? Call or email? (if MSTP, specifically, that would also be most helpful).

Thanks in advance!

I'm MD-only, and I was notified via an e-mail. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.