2011-2012 Medical University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have thoughts/advice/opinions on keck??

Members don't see this ad :)
haha.. hmmm, interesting. sorry! i should learn to read before applying, huh?

I'd love to go to MUSC. Does anyone know how much state ties play a factor? I was born and raised in SC, lived there for 21 years, moved to Georgia 4 years ago to "escape" (and to live with my then-girlfriend, whom I will be marrying next April) and became a resident. My father, uncle, and grandparents still live there, and my fiance's aunt, uncle, and grandparents all lived there as well (before they passed). I know their OOS selection is very small, so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth applying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

I'd love to go to MUSC. Does anyone know how much state ties play a factor? I was born and raised in SC, lived there for 21 years, moved to Georgia 4 years ago to "escape" (and to live with my then-girlfriend, whom I will be marrying next April) and became a resident. My father, uncle, and grandparents still live there, and my fiance's aunt, uncle, and grandparents all lived there as well (before they passed). I know their OOS selection is very small, so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth applying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Won't hurt to try, I think you should go ahead an apply. I really have no idea how much state ties will play a role, but it can't hurt if you were born and raise there.

good luck!

Does anyone know when the secondary will come out for this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the secondary email. Have not checked it out, I am at work and will do so later. But it is definitely out.

Got one too. I'm OOS and have fairly loose ties to SC but I love the school so we'll see how it goes.

I was wondering if USC would increase the acceptance number this year because of new four year program in Gville.

Hey guys. Does anyone have any updates on how their application is going etc.

Just an email confirming that they have received my secondary.

Did you get this after submitting the online part? I checked my online application progress and it says they received my demographic, supplementary, and primary but the comments part is blank. Same for you?

Did you get this after submitting the online part? I checked my online application progress and it says they received my demographic, supplementary, and primary but the comments part is blank. Same for you?

Mine says the same thing. I emailed and asked if I need to send anything else. they said my application is complete but it would September before they review my app since I'm not a ED.

Maybe I should've been a little more cautious with that last post, I was exaggerating a bit. The reason for the exaggeration was to get the point across that if you're an out-of-stater with no close ties to SC, you need to have a stellar application.

Maybe I should've been a little more cautious with that last post, I was exaggerating a bit. The reason for the exaggeration was to get the point across that if you're an out-of-stater with no close ties to SC, you need to have a stellar application.

Well this makes me at least a little more optimistic :oops:. I'm certainly no 'stellar applicant' though so we'll see how it goes.

I know it's still early, but is anybody else getting anxious as well?

Can someone please post the prompt for the secondary?

It would be a big help! Thanks!

MUSC MSTP Applicant received the secondary on the 29th of July...super excited!

Gogogirl I submitted my MSTP secondary Monday. I am very excited about MUSC and think it is a very underrated program. Are you from South Carolina?

I completed MUSC-ED application. I heard they will review these in mid august. Anyone know when interviews typically are held for ED?

Gogogirl I submitted my MSTP secondary Monday. I am very excited about MUSC and think it is a very underrated program. Are you from South Carolina?

Hey rrama, I am from South Carolina..great to see another MSTP applicant here :)

bump* any sc applicants?

Right here! I can't decide if I like USCSOM or MUSC more......

I have visited both schools and like each of them. I would say main differences would come down to smaller class size and more one on one help at USC but musc has more diversity in rotations for 3rd and 4th year and better reputation overall.

Received an interview invite this morning. OOS MSTP applicant. Very pumped.

I have visited both schools and like each of them. I would say main differences would come down to smaller class size and more one on one help at USC but musc has more diversity in rotations for 3rd and 4th year and better reputation overall.

USC's ultrasound curriculum is quite interesting and one of the main reasons the school is in the running with MUSC in my books. http://www.med.sc.edu/3.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.