2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted (around Thanksgiving)! I actually really liked Morehouse, but as a Texas resident who has been accepted to a pretty good Texas school, I will not accept Morehouse's invitation to matriculate... you can't beat Texas tuition and cost of living!
Oh yeah, I interviewed Nov 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

Can those who were accepted please advise whether they were IS or OOS? I'm trying to see if there's a pattern between those who have heard back post interview and those who haven't.

I'm OOS.

Speaking of OOS students...only 3 or 4 ppl in m interview group were actually from ga. the other 11 or so were OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
These are some questions that I explicitly recall the rest seems like a blur...
Explain some of your medical experiences
Why not some other field in science
What attracts you to this school

Thanks a lot.

Can those who were accepted please advise whether they were IS or OOS? I'm trying to see if there's a pattern between those who have heard back post interview and those who haven't.

The 2 people I know that were just accepted in my interview group (one who has posted their acceptance on this forum) are OOS. I am a GA resident and did not recieve an acceptance as of yet.

The 2 people I know that were just accepted in my interview group (one who has posted their acceptance on this forum) are OOS. I am a GA resident and did not recieve an acceptance as of yet.

When did you interview?

If you dont mind me asking what were your stats?

Undergrad: 3.1
Med Postbacc: (looks like mostly As this semester)
MCAT: 25 (not near what I want but it's what I have)
Interviews: 3 so far

For me mine was MCAT:26, GPA: 3.61. I had my interview October 28th and I still have not heard back yet.

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if there is a different page to check the status of my application after I see "confirmed" from the link provided via e-mail. It has been 'confirmed' for some time now. I haven't heard anything yet. I am not complaining since I finished my app late so, I am patiently waiting. But, I just want to make sure that I am not looking at the wrong thing. Should I look somewhere else? Should I call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if there is a different page to check the status of my application after I see "confirmed" from the link provided via e-mail. It has been 'confirmed' for some time now. I haven't heard anything yet. I am not complaining since I finished my app late so, I am patiently waiting. But, I just want to make sure that I am not looking at the wrong thing. Should I look somewhere else? Should I call?

No not that i kno of. Its really just a waiting game

For me mine was MCAT:26, GPA: 3.61. I had my interview October 28th and I still have not heard back yet.

Sorry, haven't been online alot since I am doing a tremendous amount of studying to retake the MCAT in January. My stats are MCAT:23, GPA: 3.1 IS. Are you IS or OOS?

Were you IS or OOS? Thanks

Didn't you get accepted? If so then why are you retaking the MCAT?

Sorry, haven't been online alot since I am doing a tremendous amount of studying to retake the MCAT in January. My stats are MCAT:23, GPA: 3.1 IS. Are you IS or OOS?

Hi Guys,

I had to call to find out whether I was complete. So, you should probably give them a call

Didn't you get accepted? If so then why are you retaking the MCAT?
I wish I did...No I have not heard back yet. I am retaking it because I had unexpected circumstances occur the night before I tested and know that I could have done better. I figure retaking it will only help me, especially if I end up on the waitlist.:)

Oh sorry. I misread it then. I thought you had gotten accepted already. Well good luck to you. I hope you get accepted anytime soon so you don't have to retake this awful exam called the MCAT :luck::luck::luck::).

I wish I did...No I have not heard back yet. I am retaking it because I had unexpected circumstances occur the night before I tested and know that I could have done better. I figure retaking it will only help me, especially if I end up on the waitlist.:)

Oh yea...Dont just depend ont he wait list. Theres a post-bacc program now. Prepare yourselves and apply

I am in state

Oh sorry. I misread it then. I thought you had gotten accepted already. Well good luck to you. I hope you get accepted anytime soon so you don't have to retake this awful exam called the MCAT :luck::luck::luck::).
Thank you and I wish you the best of luck as well. It would be great if I did so I wouldn't feel like I need to retake it. I did speak with Mr. Hunter and he told me that it is a good sign that I was invited to interview and that the committee may not have been able to come up with the decision during the first batch of acceptances. He also said that the committee is meeting regularly and that they would try to get another batch out before the holiday if not in January when they return and also that the class is not full and still has sits available. I think yesterday was the end of the 2wk response for acceptances.

Well I really hope that you and I as well as the others who are waiting here get the opportunity, preferably as a early xmas gift.;)

Last edited:
Yes, I hope you hear some good news soon. I actually haven't been interviewed at Morehouse yet, but i am still hoping for an invite. I have an acceptance at another school, so I am just glad I don't have to retake the MCAT ever again lol and I wish the same for you, because that test is just awful. I hope you hear something before Christmas, if not then early January so you don't waste your money :xf::xf::luck::luck:.

Thank you and I wish you the best of luck as well. It would be great if I did so I wouldn't feel like I need to retake it. I did speak with Mr. Hunter and he told me that it is a good sign that I was invited to interview and that the committee may not have been able to come up with the decision during the first batch of acceptances. He also said that the committee is meeting regularly and that they would try to get another batch out before the holiday if not in January when they return and also that the class is not full and still has sits available. I think yesterday was the end of the 2wk response for acceptances.

Well I really hope that you and I as well as the others who are waiting here get the opportunity, preferably as a early xmas gift.;)

its been quite here for a while...how is
everyone?

its been quite here for a while...how is
everyone?

Glaring into the distance, attempting to intimidate the ADCOM into giving me an interview. I am convinced that my glare will penetrate the several states separating us, frightening them into throwing an interview my way.

I suspect that's just me though.

I just completed my secondary, what percent of applicants that submit secondaries receive interviews and what percent of AMCAS applicants receive secondaries?

Last edited:
Anticipating when this next set of acceptances will go out it killing me

Accepted (around Thanksgiving)! I actually really liked Morehouse, but as a Texas resident who has been accepted to a pretty good Texas school, I will not accept Morehouse's invitation to matriculate... you can't beat Texas tuition and cost of living!
Oh yeah, I interviewed Nov 4th.

+1, I liked being back in the AUC and interviewing at morehouse but I just declined my Morehouse offer also because I've been accepted at 3 really good texas schools. The Texas tuition is unbeatable IMO if you can qualify for it. Good luck y'all, i know how much of a pain it is to wait :luck::luck::luck:

I interviewed Oct 28

Last edited:
I was accepted to Morehouse c/o 2016 around Thanksgiving!! I'm more than likely going to attend, although I have another interview to attend in January. I have a couple friends waiting to get in, so I'm hoping they get in soon! I wish everyone the best of luck during this long and enduring process. :):)

I was accepted to Morehouse c/o 2016 around Thanksgiving!! I'm more than likely going to attend, although I have another interview to attend in January. I have a couple friends waiting to get in, so I'm hoping they get in soon! I wish everyone the best of luck during this long and enduring process. :):)

Congratulations! When did you interview?

Hello all!

I know it has been quite here on the thread for a while now. Well I have some news that may brighten up the holidays for some of us and for the rest of us we should remain patient until our time comes. After speaking with the admissions office this morning, I was informed that they will be sending out another round of acceptances before the holiday break (that means this week!). My prayers are with all of you and I hope that we all receive the much anticipated acceptances.:luck::luck::luck::xf:

Row3MD, I am really rooting for you. I hope you get in. :xf::xf::luck::luck:

Hello all!

I know it has been quite here on the thread for a while now. Well I have some news that may brighten up the holidays for some of us and for the rest of us we should remain patient until our time comes. After speaking with the admissions office this morning, I was informed that they will be sending out another round of acceptances before the holiday break (that means this week!). My prayers are with all of you and I hope that we all receive the much anticipated acceptances.:luck::luck::luck::xf:

Thank you soooooo much Paaakwasi! I have been meaning to ask you, have you been accepted to your school of choice yet? If so, Congrats! If not, I am definitely rooting for you as well. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet and be classmates.

Row,
I PMed you.

Thank you soooooo much Paaakwasi! I have been meaning to ask you, have you been accepted to your school of choice yet? If so, Congrats! If not, I am definitely rooting for you as well. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet and be classmates.

Hello all!

Thats good to know. I have been waiting since October to hear back

Not yet, still nothing in the mail :(

I haven't heard anything yet either and their calender says that the school is closed Dec. 26- Jan. 2, so they may send them out today or tomorrow. I am very anxious to know :confused: but am bracing myself for the possibility of continuing to wait.

Just got my acceptance in the Mail!!! Talk about a merry Christmas!

Yess! Good luck to everyone else!

Has everyone heard back that interviewed on October 28th? Are there any people still waiting that interviewed on that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.