2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No...feeling a little bummed. I'm oos but interviewed over a month ago :(

Members don't see this ad :)
waiting on an II. im oos though so i prob shouldnt hold my breath

I haven't heard anything back either...I called the admissions office sometime after Rashad07 posted her acceptance and was told that my status is "Waiting for a Decision from the Committee." idk...

I interviewed 11/18. And I'm instate...oh and I'm a guy lol

I interviewed 11/18. And I'm instate...oh and I'm a guy lol

OMG! Please accept my apology. I should not have assumed your gender. I didn't realize I had done that until I just looked back at my previous msg.:oops:

Just got my acceptance in the Mail!!! Talk about a merry Christmas!

Yess! Good luck to everyone else!
got accepted here too. post marked 12/21.
Received it on 12/24, Christmas Eve. (because I am out of state, it took time to arrive)
interviewed on 11/18.

OMG! Please accept my apology. I should not have assumed your gender. I didn't realize I had done that until I just looked back at my previous msg.:oops:

Lol it's cool. It was just funny

hmm. I've been complete here since October, still no word.

Accepted! Got the letter today, OOS so it took until today even though it was postmarked on 12/21.

Interviewed on 12/2

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the admissions office is closed for the holidays? I have been trying to call, but I keep hitting their voice-mail system. Has anyone succeeded in reaching them on the phone?

Accepted! Got the letter today, OOS so it took until today even though it was postmarked on 12/21.

Interviewed on 12/2

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind telling?

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind telling?

3.2 cGPA 2.9 sGPA.
MCAT: 30S

I have a strong upward trend in my grades (I have a 2.2 after my freshman year). I also have thousands of hours volunteering and teaching in underserved areas.

I'm also finishing up a special masters program and my grades are above the average medical student.

accepted as well...interviewed 11/18. letter postmarked 12/22...OOS.

good luck to you all :)

3.2 cGPA 2.9 sGPA.
MCAT: 30S

I have a strong upward trend in my grades (I have a 2.2 after my freshman year). I also have thousands of hours volunteering and teaching in underserved areas.

I'm also finishing up a special masters program and my grades are above the average medical student.

Nice! Was the SMP brought up a lot in your interviews? Do you have acceptances any where else?

Nice! Was the SMP brought up a lot in your interviews? Do you have acceptances any where else?

SMP was brought up a lot - basically indicator of whether or not I could handle med school courses. This was my first acceptance but I have a couple more interviews in January.

Yes I've been trying to contact them as well.
I've received the acceptance letter on the 28th but it was postmarked on the 22nd. I was trying to call to acknowledge my acceptance.

Hey guys, I received my letter around the same time. I was away for Christmas and am just mailing it out today. What is the letter of intent supposed to look like?

Hey guys, I received my letter around the same time. I was away for Christmas and am just mailing it out today. What is the letter of intent supposed to look like?

I don't think it's anything too big. I just wrote a 2 sentence page that I would accept their offer of admission

Is there a group on Facebook or here that's for accepted students who plan to attend?

Could any of you OOS-ers share your stats/ the amount of EC's you did?Hoping to apply here later in my undergrad career. Thanks!

I have been complete since October 26th. I emailed the director of admissions and he said my application is still going through screening. I can't blame them for wanting to be thorough...but PLEASE interview me! C'mon Morehouse

I am not a minority; does that affect my chances of getting into this school...?

I have been complete since December, nothing yet.

I am not a minority; does that affect my chances of getting into this school...?

I have been complete since December, nothing yet.
No, it does not affect your chances. There were two white men in my group that interviewed if that helps. Morehouse looks at everyones applications regardless of race as long as you fit in with their mission and views

I have been complete since October 26th. I emailed the director of admissions and he said my application is still going through screening. I can't blame them for wanting to be thorough...but PLEASE interview me! C'mon Morehouse

I've been confirmed since 9/2/2011 and still haven't heard anything either. Keep the faith. It's all in God's hands.

I've been confirmed since 9/2/2011 and still haven't heard anything either. Keep the faith. It's all in God's hands.

Yes Keep the faith! I'm a re-applicant and deciding to reapply after facing rejection was tough. However I got interviewed here and have been waiting for a decision . Talk about a miracle. God works out all things in his time.

Hey guys, for those of you that were accepted what did the package look like. I got a call from my leasing office saying that I have a large envelope/package waiting at the front office and I am just praying that it is my acceptance!

Anyone else get the "still reviewing applicants at this time" email?

Yeah I got it today, not too long ago. I was complete back in September and haven't heard anything from them. Nothing. Then all of the sudden today I get this email. Hopefully its good news.

Me too. I also got the continue to review email today. Is this sort of like a hold email. I'm glad is not a rejection :)

I received a similar email from Toledo. I think it just means that the season is not yet over.

Hi Lombax, yes, I do receive a "still reviewing applicants at this time" and wonder what are the chances... 1 over a million ? :D, I thought the application season is over (??)

Yessss, and I interviewed in October. I'm dying.

Don't feel bad, I also interviewed in October and haven't heard anything. But I have a few other interviews from other medical schools that I am waiting to hear back from and a few more interviews scheduled in Feb. so we will see :)

Hi Lombax, yes, I do receive a "still reviewing applicants at this time" and wonder what are the chances... 1 over a million ? :D, I thought the application season is over (??)

I can't tell you what the chances are. I can tell you that when I was applying to MSM 2 years ago, I received a call from the director of admissions inviting me for an interview on Jan. 29th and there are 4 of us in the c/o 2014 from that interview group. And that wasn't my latest interview invite. The application season is not over. Good luck

Has anyone heard anything after receiving that last email from Morehouse stating they were still reviewing applications?

No beansmd. When were you interviewed? Anyone who was interviewed on 1/20/12 received acceptance letter? Still waiting and nervous!!

Last edited:
No beansmd. When were you interviewed? Anyone who was interviewed on 1/20/12 received acceptance letter? Still waiting and nervous!!

I interviewed back in October. Everytime I call I get the same answer "your application is still being reviewed". I have had other interviews that were in January and February and I have already heard back from them...which is what concerns me about Morehouse. These schools were out of state, I really want to stay in state but I cant keep waiting on Morehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.