2011-2012 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://registrar.osu.edu/Residency/Guidelines.asp

you will probably apply for C2 status:

"A person who has been a resident of Ohio for all other legal purposes for at least 12 consecutive months immediately preceding his or her enrollment in an institution of higher education and who is not receiving, and has not directly or indirectly received in the preceding 12 consecutive months, financial support from persons or entities who are not residents of Ohio for all other legal purposes shall be classified as a resident of the State of Ohio for subsidy and tuition surcharge purposes."

"Lease, rental contract, HUD stgatement (if purchased a home) or a sworn affidavit from the owner of the establishment. This documentation needs to cover the entire 12 month review period."

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you need to be here for 12 months, but where that starts in June, July, or August will make no financial difference. Tuition over 4 years will remain the same. I guess if you desperately want to call yourself an Ohio resident 1 month earlier, then yeah move here in July.

It is my understanding you just need to be in the state right before school starts. Many of my friends spent the week before M1 started switching over drivers licenses and stuff like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the med school today to inquire if they'd received my transcript for the anatomy course and express my interest in the school. I was informed that even if they had received it it'd make no difference as the waitlist movement only occurs based on previously decided committee scores. She mentioned that update letters and such would make no difference at this point. Anyone know the story behind that? Is that true?

I called the med school today to inquire if they'd received my transcript for the anatomy course and express my interest in the school. I was informed that even if they had received it it'd make no difference as the waitlist movement only occurs based on previously decided committee scores. She mentioned that update letters and such would make no difference at this point. Anyone know the story behind that? Is that true?

The admissions office is a more reliable source than anyone on these forums, so I vote yes, it is true. I wish we knew where we ranked! Getting ready to move to NYC but would prefer to be heading to Urban Meyer Land.

Anyone know if there is any movement on their waitlist? I went from being deferred to being on the wait list.

Anyone know if there is any movement on their waitlist? I went from being deferred to being on the wait list.

my status still says deferred. did you get an e-mail notifying you of the change?

my status still says deferred. did you get an e-mail notifying you of the change?

Nope. My status still says deferred. I called their office and they told me that all deferred applicants were automatically moved to the waitlist.

Just got in!! I got the call a little while ago and accepted!

Just withdrew my acceptance! It was a hard choice. I hope somebody awesome takes my spot :)

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hardest decision I've had to make by far and not even sure it was the right one. Hope one of you guys gets my spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.