2011-2012 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted around 7/29 and still not complete yet:

"Our records indicate that your Secondary Application has been received, but it has not been determined whether your application is complete or not at this time. Once that determination has been made, you will be notified via email."

Not sure if I should call as well, but it doesn't seem like there is an error so perhaps I will just wait a bit longer.

Same position, don't fret. I bet they have thousands of apps to sift through, especially considering how short the secondary was.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm submitted 8/1...still not marked complete

Hi all:

Just curious. How long after being verified by AMCAS and submitting to Penn State did it take to receive your secondary?

Thanks!

Submitted: 8/5
Complete: 8/17

We are...

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here- I was around 7/29 and have not gone complete either. I will likely call them again next week if I have not heard anything.
its rather frustrating that many people who submitted after us are being complete definitely giving them until friday and calling first thing monday!

Same here- I was around 7/29 and have not gone complete either. I will likely call them again next week if I have not heard anything.

Submitted secondary 7/27, still not complete

its rather frustrating that many people who submitted after us are being complete definitely giving them until friday and calling first thing monday!
I submitted 8/4 and haven't gone complete either... kind of weird that they don't do it in chronological order (I understand about not following the order for interviews and stuff, but for your initial file review to see if you're complete? It seems like chronological is the way to do it)

I submitted my LORs to AMCAS (the last piece) on 8/12. Complete 8/17.

Interview Invite!! Complete 8/25. That was quick!

Thanks!! :) I submitted 8/13. OOS. Good luck to you and everyone else! :)

this is a mysterious school, indeed... i submitted 8/3 and am not verified as complete yet... what be goin onnnnnn??

same here, submitted 8/2 OOS
figure Ill give it another week or two then start worrying

this is a mysterious school, indeed... i submitted 8/3 and am not verified as complete yet... what be goin onnnnnn??

interview invite today. oos, complete 8/17

If it makes you feel any better, submitted 7/29...
im with u i might be 7/27 even...congratz to those who got invites but it def shows a really screwy school that we havent been marked complete when others are marked complete and even given IIs...like every week I check amcas to make sure the letters are marked down too making me paranoid that im missing something

im with u i might be 7/27 even...congratz to those who got invites but it def shows a really screwy school that we havent been marked complete when others are marked complete and even given IIs...like every week I check amcas to make sure the letters are marked down too making me paranoid that im missing something

Agreed. It makes me wonder if professors prioritize resources for "superstar" students the way Admissions seems to be prioritizing the completion of superstar applications.

Didn't realize it was going to be this way when I applied (on 7/29)!

if it helps... i submitted 7/28... still not complete
i called the office today and the lady i spoke to said it may take up to 8 weeks to be marked complete....

Agreed. It makes me wonder if professors prioritize resources for "superstar" students the way Admissions seems to be prioritizing the completion of superstar applications.

i think it must be random in terms of completion rates because i submitted 8/2 and was complete 8/17 and i'm DEFINITELY NOT a superstar applicant (ugpa < 3.4)

if it helps... i submitted 7/28... still not complete
i called the office today and the lady i spoke to said it may take up to 8 weeks to be marked complete....
i wish i could be rude and be like "well why is it taking 8 weeks for some of us but less than a week for others who submitted after us"

lol

3.79 overall, 3.8 BCMP, 32O, Out of State, submitted secondary 7/29

My application still says they are not sure if my secondary is complete. Should I worry?

3.79 overall, 3.8 BCMP, 32O, Out of State, submitted secondary 7/29

My application still says they are not sure if my secondary is complete. Should I worry?
ur not alone buddy I think I submitted mine 7/27...plenty of us here in the same situation...the admissions office says it could take up to 4 weeks...other times they tell people 8...who knows wuts going on...im gonna wait til Tuesday to call since it seems most complete emails go out on fridays

ur not alone buddy I think I submitted mine 7/27...plenty of us here in the same situation...the admissions office says it could take up to 4 weeks...other times they tell people 8...who knows wuts going on...im gonna wait til Tuesday to call since it seems most complete emails go out on fridays

Thank you. 8 secondaries in, 6 to go, and no interviews yet. Starting to sweat.

Application to this school is turning out to be a crapshoot. Submitted 7/31 and still not complete. If you're lucky you'll be marked complete and have your file looked at :rolleyes:

I'm okay with a crapshoot. These prompts were awesome - it's much harder to make something short and powerful than long and compelling.

PEW PEW ZING off goes the secondary, bouncing through the intertubez of the interweb.

Does anyone know penn state's #interviewed / #accepted data for oos applicants?

Does anyone know penn state's #interviewed / #accepted data for oos applicants?

From last year:

6,125 OOS Applied
665 OOS Interviewed (10.9%)
76 OOS in the Entering Class (11.4% from Interviewed)

From last year:

6,125 OOS Applied
665 OOS Interviewed (10.9%)
76 OOS in the Entering Class (11.4% from Interviewed)

Thanks for the info Prateek...I see that there were 76 oos matriculants last year, but do you know how many students were accepted?

Thanks in advance.

I <3 Penn State :love:! I would also be interested in knowing how many students are actually accepted (versus the number matriculating). Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:
Submitted Aug 4, still not complete.

Or maybe I am and they neglected to inform me :p

I might be wrong/misremembering, but last year someone said that being marked complete means that your file has been reviewed, so a few weeks might go by between submission and completion.

It may seem random if we are just looking at the date people submitted their secondaries but maybe it will become more clear if we know when they were verified and when their letters were received. Since Penn state doesn't screen secondaries I bet everyone has different dates for these things

Secondary submitted 7/31
Letters received by AMCAS 8/2
Verified 8/16

Still not marked as complete yet.

hmm...I just realized that my application is not complete either. Submitted 8/20, so I am not going to worry about it until like November. Best thing is to chillax and catch some waves before summer is officially over :thumbup:

Honestly, some do. I've noticed that if you have the relationship and such, a professor will sometimes be willing to place your application at the top of their list of priorities (assuming you approach respectfully and there is a legitimate reason for your last-minute request that needs to be done...well, last minute and stat).

Status
Not open for further replies.