2011-2012 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
continue to hold letter today... so this is basically a rejection letter? that's what i've been reading on this thread

Members don't see this ad.

it may still be better than a rejection because penn state still sends out rejection letters pre-interview as well. maybe we will have to wait till later in the year but maybe we have a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on Aug 3, and still not completed! I emailed them asking about this, but never heard back from them...it's been ~10 weeks now. Anyone else?

I submitted my secondary on Aug 3, and still not completed! I emailed them asking about this, but never heard back from them...it's been ~10 weeks now. Anyone else?

I submitted my secondary in Sept (considered relatively "late") and it was verified in 3 weeks, so I'd give them a call.

Interviewed here about a month ago and the wait is killing me! Hoping to hear back from here soon, preferably with an acceptance :xf:

Interviewed here about a month ago and the wait is killing me! Hoping to hear back from here soon, preferably with an acceptance :xf:

ditto! i absolutely loved it here and am hoping for good news soon! i hope the wait wont last too much longer for either of us

anyone hear anything from penn state yet? i think they only do snail mail for decisions but im not 100% positive. anyone know if they email/call?

I know they say acceptances come by snail mail only at the interviews, but I got an email acceptance first, then snail mail. But maybe that was because I was EDP and they wanted to make sure I received the acceptance by Oct. 1. In any case, good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
decisions come snail mail only. no emails or calls.

How come the status page says you'll be contacted through email and/or phone? (this is pre-II). How are people getting II? via email or snail mail?

How come the status page says you'll be contacted through email and/or phone? (this is pre-II). How are people getting II? via email or snail mail?
I believe "final" decisions (accepted, rejected, hold) are via snail mail and interview invited are extended by email.

For people that have interviewed here already, are there any hotels that are within walking distance of the med school, or did you just grab a cab to get here?

on hold here as well, i guess this is better than a rejection!

how do you know you are on hold? is it by status change? or email? or snail mail?

Has anyone who interviewed anytime in September (non-EDP) heard back from Penn State yet? If so, when did you interview? Thanks!!! Good luck everyone!

Withdrew my app and gave up my interview next month. Best of luck to everyone here!!

I got a complete email back in late August, but haven't received anything in the mail about II/hold/rejection. Do you guys think they skipped over me or that something went wrong in the mail???

Has anyone who interviewed anytime in September (non-EDP) heard back from Penn State yet? If so, when did you interview? Thanks!!! Good luck everyone!

nope im waiting to hear back. interviewed here early september and still nothing :(

I would highly recommend staying at the Day's Inn. This is what the admissions office recommended to me and I found it the perfect place the stay. It's ~5 min away driving distance from the school (you don't really want to walk) and has an awesome med school interview rate of like $49 which includes breakfast. Best part is they pick you up from the airport or bus station in Harrisburg and take you to and from the medical school. Just mention that you're interviewing at Hershey and call and arrange for the shuttle van a day or two before you get there.

For people that have interviewed here already, are there any hotels that are within walking distance of the med school, or did you just grab a cab to get here?

I was complete 8/25 and still haven't received anything via snail mail.... troubling?

anyone have any idea when we're going to hear back from penn state with acceptances/wiatlist/rejections? i know that they said it'll take about 8 weeks but i thought that they'd at least let some people know by now. maybe they're actually sticking to that 8 week time frame? :confused:

first acceptances the last two years for non-early decision applicants were received on or around october 20th for people who interviewed in early to mid september (my source: penn state threads from previous two years). hopefully this means we'll be hearing anytime soon.

still i wish decisions weren't sent old school, snail mail style.

first acceptances the last two years for non-early decision applicants were received on or around october 20th for people who interviewed in early to mid september (my source: penn state threads from previous two years). hopefully this means we'll be hearing anytime soon.

still i wish decisions weren't sent old school, snail mail style.

I interviewed early/mid September. Nothing in the mail. Guess 10/20 won't be magical as the past two years :mad:

II today! Very happy!

To those that have already interviewed - what was the format?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't really find a complete answer - why are some students reviewed/complete before others?. Are the files reviewed randomly or is it in some specific order (based on grades/scores, or order of submission)?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't really find a complete answer - why are some students reviewed/complete before others?. Are the files reviewed randomly or is it in some specific order (based on grades/scores, or order of submission)?

If you can figure out the answer to this question, lots of people on this thread would appreciate it. :roll eyes: There doesn't seem to be any obvious rhyme or reason to how apps get reviewed, though I'm sure it makes sense to the reviewers.

dying to hear some good news from penn state. almost been 6 weeks now since interviewing...

Sorry if this has been asked before-- I couldn't find it on this thread-- but does anyone know if Penn State receptive of update letters after they've sent us the "continue to review" letter?

Much thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before-- I couldn't find it on this thread-- but does anyone know if Penn State receptive of update letters after they've sent us the "continue to review" letter?

Much thanks!

I dont think they are receptive to them, they will however accept transcrpits with any new grades not listed on your amcas.

Got the complete email today after submitting my secondary on 9/7. From the looks of it, I shouldn't be expecting further response till the beginning of next year? :(

Any advice on lodging and airports to fly into for interviews?

Much appreciated!

has anyone else who interviewed mid-sept(ish) heard back from penn state yet? i'm hoping that not hearing from them yet isn't a bad sign :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.