2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
happy holidays everyone,
I'm an international applicant and I've applied to Drexel Uni., Kent State, Eastern Michig., Uni of Montana, UMASS Boston, American Uni.and Georgia State Clinical PhD programs. Has anyone ever heard interview calls from these schools? Thanks to all. :rolleyes:

I've applied to several of those (Georgia State, Eastern Michigan, U of Montana). As far as I know, none of those three have sent out invites. However, the program director at Eastern Michigan sent out a mass email a little ways back saying that they would send out invites by 1/19 for the interview on 2/17.

Georgia State sent out an e-mail saying that campus shuts down for a few weeks over the holidays, and, more or less, to hang in there as nothing's going to be happening until faculty returns.

As someone else mentioned, University of Montana's deadline hasn't even passed yet, so they should be a while; their interview is typically one of the later ones, in early March, and it seems like the faculty are in charge of contacting their respective applicants, so invites will likely be spread out over several days. Last year,it looks like some did pre-invite phone interviews, and some didn't.

Lastly, I did my undergrad at Kent State, and they (at least a few years ago) definitely had individual faculty get in touch with their applicants, too, and I remember them having a ton of variablity in terms of when invites went out (as in, late december through mid/late january).

Hang in there--and hopefully we'll be getting good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you Cara Susanna & Space Owl.
Georgia State did send an e-mail about the winter break. however I haven't got this e-mail you're talking about from EMU, I wonder why I wasn't included in mailing list, i know my application is complete and forwarded to admissions committee.

I applied to EMU as well and did not get this email.. I have been in contact about my application throughout the process though and was told it was complete and will be looked at.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the email I received 8 days ago from EMU:

Your application for the Ph.D. program at Eastern Michigan University is complete. Your file will be reviewed by faculty and we will make decisions about who to invite for interviews by 1/19/2012. Our interview day will be on Friday, 2/17/2012. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and we look forward to reviewing your materials, Dr. Koch​

This is the email I received 8 days ago from EMU:
Your application for the Ph.D. program at Eastern Michigan University is complete. Your file will be reviewed by faculty and we will make decisions about who to invite for interviews by 1/19/2012. Our interview day will be on Friday, 2/17/2012. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and we look forward to reviewing your materials, Dr. Koch​
Hmm.. I will be calling them on Tuesday then (assuming they have Monday off)!

New Invite:
University of North Dakota (Counseling Psychology)
Program Assistant sent out email for interviews on 1/23, or 2/3.

I feel silly asking about this school again (as I did about two weeks ago). For the last two years, Stony Brook has sent out invites by now. No one has posted anything here on SDN, but today (this morning perhaps?) someone posted an interview invite on GC with today's notification date. Is it possible that they would send it out on a Saturday? Is all hope lost if we don't hear by today?

Thank you all! Happy new year!

P.S. I love how this board keeps me simultaneously calm and on edge :rolleyes:

I feel silly asking about this school again (as I did about two weeks ago). For the last two years, Stony Brook has sent out invites by now. No one has posted anything here on SDN, but today (this morning perhaps?) someone posted an interview invite on GC with today's notification date. Is it possible that they would send it out on a Saturday? Is all hope lost if we don't hear by today?

Thank you all! Happy new year!

P.S. I love how this board keeps me simultaneously calm and on edge :rolleyes:

Hi! I also saw this, and got a little worried. I'm an international applicant from an American university. I entered my American phone number in my application thinking that we wouldn't hear back before/during the holidays. I'm back home right now until the 5th, and I'm worried that I'm missing an important phone call, and that they might stop calling me after a while. Do you guys think there's something I could/should do?

POI at UW-Milwaukee emailed me yesterday to invite me to the interview day on January 27th!

Has anyone heard from Sam Houston State? Judging by previous years, I'm afraid that interview invites may have already been extended.

Hey guys,

I know we said to limit questions about PMs about POIs, but since the Yale invite must have been announced through PM, I'd be very appreciative if the person who heard from Yale could PM me their POI/I can say what POI I have and you can let me know if it's the same or not.

Thanks so much, and happy new year! :)

Hey guys,

I know we said to limit questions about PMs about POIs, but since the Yale invite must have been announced through PM, I'd be very appreciative if the person who heard from Yale could PM me their POI/I can say what POI I have and you can let me know if it's the same or not.

Thanks so much, and happy new year! :)
Hi I would also appreciate to be PM'd regarding the Yale POI who contacted students. Thank you.

Since it also seems that Stony Brook's invite was announced via PM, would it be possible for that person to PM me their POI? I would be so greatful, thank you!

Also, thank you syzergy for working so hard on this thread!

Members don't see this ad :)
Both the Yale and Stony Brook applicants PM'ed me saying they weren't comfortable posting and wanted to preserve their anonymity so they may not be comfortable PM'ing you directly. However, I am happy to be the messenger. If you're not comfortable identifying yourself, you are more than welcome to PM me your POI and I can pass that on to other interested users.

I would also be interested to know the Yale POI (or was it more than one?), but can totally understand those who were contacted wishing to remain anonymous.

I was wondering if anyone else who received an interview at UW-Milwaukee for their Clinical program knows whether there is an opportunity for applicants to stay with graduate students or whether I should look into hotels, etc.?

Thanks!

I got a mass email from New York University-Steinhardt for Applied Psychology (counseling) saying that the interview is 2/17, but no one knows who's going yet, and we won't know until the first week of February. Plenty of notice :rolleyes:

Both the Yale and Stony Brook applicants PM'ed me saying they weren't comfortable posting and wanted to preserve their anonymity so they may not be comfortable PM'ing you directly. However, I am happy to be the messenger. If you're not comfortable identifying yourself, you are more than welcome to PM me your POI and I can pass that on to other interested users.

I've been getting a ton of PM's from people asking for the Yale/Stony Brook POI's. Still haven't heard from either applicant but I will send out the info once/if I receive it. Just wanted to post this here so I don't have to individually reply to everyone!

EDIT: I believe I sent out the Yale POI to everyone who asked. Please let me know if I missed you!

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone else who received an interview at UW-Milwaukee for their Clinical program knows whether there is an opportunity for applicants to stay with graduate students or whether I should look into hotels, etc.?

Thanks!

My POI said official info will follow. Let me know if you hear anything!

I've been getting a ton of PM's from people asking for the Yale/Stony Brook POI's. Still haven't heard from either applicant but I will send out the info once/if I receive it. Just wanted to post this here so I don't have to individually reply to everyone!

EDIT: I believe I sent out the Yale POI to everyone who asked. Please let me know if I missed you!
Hello, would it be possible for me to hear which Yale POIs have given out interviews?
Thanks so much!

Also, should I be worried that I haven't received any emails or phone calls for interviews...?

Hey everyone,

BIG news just in time for the new year. Just heard back from UConn (University of Connecticut) Clinical Psychology Ph.D program. Got a call from my POI this afternoon seeing if I'd like an interview. So excited! PM me if you got the call too.

UConn's interview days are February 8 and February10.

Heads up!

I was talking on the phone to the clinical program at Minnesota today, and they said reviews are in process and decisions will probably be made by the end of this week.

Similarly, Vanderbilt's should be made by the end of next week.

Ladies and gentlemen -- gird your loins.

Last edited:
Heads up!

I was talking on the phone to the clinical program at Minnesota today, and they said reviews are in process and decisions will probably be made by the end of this week.

Thanks so much for letting us know!

And congrats to all of you receiving interview invites this week already! :)

Heads up!

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks so much for letting us know!

And congrats to all of you receiving interview invites this week already! :)

Any idea about the Counseling Psychology program at Minnesota? I have been trying to reach them and no luck..

I received an interview invite this morning from the clinical program at UW-Milwaukee via phone call from POI.

Interview Date: January 27th

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Sam Houston and how you heard? Thank You.

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Sam Houston and how you heard? Thank You.

Mid-December they received a call from Sam Houston State's clinical psychology program inviting them for an interview. Interview date is 2/17.

Thanks Syzergy for being so helpful!

Hi, I am very new to this thread and this is SO GREAT!
thank you so much for all you do!
I was wondering if you could also PM me the Yale POI.
Thank you so much

Hey guys! Congrats on all the interview invites! I'm working on keeping everything up to date and sending out POI information.

As I said before, you are more than welcome to send any interview information by PM if you don't feel comfortable posting on thread. But if you do this, please put the school name in the subject line. I'm getting a ton of PM's and this just helps me keep everything organized. I added this note to my original post. Thanks!

If possible, please also include your POI if you send me the message over PM (but only if you're comfortable sharing). It's completely in your right to keep this information to yourself. Having the POI name keeps me from having to send out a ton of additional messages when people start asking for info.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I was the one reporting the Arizona State interview (though I obviously don't know if I was the only one). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding POIs/interview procedures, etc. as it's probably easier than handing everything over to syzergy for this particular school.

I just received an invitation for the University of Georgia's Clinical PhD interview weekend via e-mail from the psychology administrative associate. Interview weekend is 1/26-27 :)

I just received an invitation for the University of Georgia's Clinical PhD interview weekend via e-mail from the psychology administrative associate. Interview weekend is 1/26-27 :)

I love how predictable the interview invites are sent out after all. On Monday I looked at my list to see what schools historically have sent out invites this week that I applied to. Three schools did so, and now, all three of them have sent out invites this year too. I guess I can just sit back and relax for the rest of the week (not likely!:laugh:).

Congratulations on your invite, great school! I didn't get one (yet) for Georgia...

Has anyone heard from George Mason or Southern Methodist? Historically, they have sent their invites right around this time.

I love how predictable the interview invites are sent out after all. On Monday I looked at my list to see what schools historically have sent out invites this week that I applied to. Three schools did so, and now, all three of them have sent out invites this year too. I guess I can just sit back and relax for the rest of the week (not likely!:laugh:).

Congratulations on your invite, great school! I didn't get one (yet) for Georgia...

I love how we are all anxious about this whole process! I'm frustrated because one of my schools said they didn't receive my 3rd letter of reference yet the reference writer said they sent it out!! And, I know the school has already started to look at applications but not mine since I'm missing a letter!!! Ugh.

Well I don't love it, but it makes me feel better to know we are all in the same boat. A few people in PhD programs for Clinical Psych already told me the hardest part was the application process.

Has anyone heard from Loyola of Chicago for School Psychology? I'm going crazy waiting!

I have a quick question regarding the UC Santa Barbara combined program. I notice that in the list it says "School track" calls have been made. From What I understand about this program the CCSP has a school, counseling and clinical track. Have invites gone out for students interested in the clinical track? Thanks! :)

Hi All,

Anyone know if all UGA clinical invites have been extended already?

Hi dramaqueen616,

Clinical invites for UCSB for have gone out already as well. I had a Skype interview with my POI there a few weeks ago & just didn't make the cut, but she told me today that clinical interview invites have been sent out for the end of january. She said though candidates are still "under consideration," (whatever that means) they aren't inviting anyone else to interview at this time.

Also I know this question has come up a lot, but does anyone know if stony brook is done sending out invites?....i realize they usually send them pretty early, and know someone on sdn & someone on grad cafe were invited, but i'm just trying to hang on to some hope

Good luck everyone and happy new year. i hope this process goes smoothly for all of us

Hi dramaqueen616,

Clinical invites for UCSB for have gone out already as well. I had a Skype interview with my POI there a few weeks ago & just didn't make the cut, but she told me today that clinical interview invites have been sent out for the end of january. She said though candidates are still "under consideration," (whatever that means) they aren't inviting anyone else to interview at this time.

Also I know this question has come up a lot, but does anyone know if stony brook is done sending out invites?....i realize they usually send them pretty early, and know someone on sdn & someone on grad cafe were invited, but i'm just trying to hang on to some hope

Good luck everyone and happy new year. i hope this process goes smoothly for all of us
Thanks for the info KD26. Sorry you did not get a better result but apparently I didn't either :)

Does anyone know the timelines for invites and interviews for the University of Kansas and the University of Missouri-Kansas City adult clinical programs? I've looked in the posts from the past few years and do not see any dates for these two places. Thanks!

Let's get this party started!

University at Buffalo/SUNY - 12/29 email from POI to schedule phone interview. No on campus interviews, only phone interview. POI said to expect several calls from other faculty members and graduate students in the coming weeks. Accepted application will be invited to visit school on 2/25.

Would like to know where this information was found, since it is not on the thread. Have a phone interview scheduled but have not heard anything about no on campus interview. Would really amp the pressure up on the phone interview in this case; im guessing the POI discussed no on campus interview, but I would love any information about this

School name: University of Oregon
Program type/track: Counseling, PhD
Date received: 1/04 via email
Interview dates offered:01/27th all day individual and group

Look forward to meeting those of you making it here today

Similarly, did anyone hear from Kent yet? Last year it looks like they sent out invites on 12/18.