2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi All,
Just before the holidays, one of my POI from University of Oregon Clinical Psychology program shared that the faculty was planning to review applications throughout the holidays. I just got the following email regarding UO notification dates:

"The review process still continues and applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted within the next two weeks via phone and/or email."

On a different note, has anyone heard anything on the interview dates for Duke and Boston University Clinical Psychology programs?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would like to know where this information was found, since it is not on the thread. Have a phone interview scheduled but have not heard anything about no on campus interview. Would really amp the pressure up on the phone interview in this case; im guessing the POI discussed no on campus interview, but I would love any information about this

Some people send me the interview information over a PM and I update the thread.

This is the exact PM I received:

"School: University at Buffalo/SUNY
Program: Clinical Psychology, Ph.D.

I received an email from my POI on 12/29 to schedule a phone interview. There is no on-campus interview, only phone interviews. However, accepted applicants will be invited to visit the school on Feb 25.

POI said to expect several calls from other faculty members and graduate students in the coming weeks."

Has anyone on here heard from University of Memphis (clinical PHD)? I see someone in the gradcafe website posted they had.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to U. of Rhode Island's clinical program? If so... have you received any information at all after having submitted your application/materials online.. such as a "your application is complete" notification online or via email?

Did anyone apply to U. of Rhode Island's clinical program? If so... have you received any information at all after having submitted your application/materials online.. such as a "your application is complete" notification online or via email?

I did and this is all I've gotten:

Thank you for submitting your application to the Psychology program for Fall 2012 at the Graduate School at the University of Rhode Island. Be sure to check the deadline and supplemental items required by your graduate plan, as requirements are different for each program. Please direct all questions regarding requirements to the program director.

You may return to your application account at any time to check its status or to print documents associated with your application in the "downloadable forms" section.

You have made a great choice in the University of Rhode Island Graduate School and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Nasser H. Zawia
Dean of the Graduate School
http://www.uri.edu/gsadmis/

I did and this is all I've gotten:

Thank you for submitting your application to the Psychology program for Fall 2012 at the Graduate School at the University of Rhode Island. Be sure to check the deadline and supplemental items required by your graduate plan, as requirements are different for each program. Please direct all questions regarding requirements to the program director.

You may return to your application account at any time to check its status or to print documents associated with your application in the "downloadable forms" section.

You have made a great choice in the University of Rhode Island Graduate School and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Nasser H. Zawia
Dean of the Graduate School
http://www.uri.edu/gsadmis/

Phew... glad I wasn't the only one.. I'm going to call and check I'll let you know what I hear (if anything)...

Has anyone on here heard from University of Memphis (clinical PHD)? I see someone in the gradcafe website posted they had.

I applied there as well and have heard nothing.

I think the grad cafe posting was just a phone interview pre-real interview screening? That's the jist I got anyway.

Hi Everyone! I just got my first interview invite for U of Oregon - Counseling yesterday. Does anyone know when Stanford Affective Science PhD program notify people? Also has any heard from U of Minnesota -Counseling and UT Austin Clinical? I think I read on here they only notify by letter?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten invitations and good luck on the interviews!:D

Totally addicted to this forum now. I wish they could just notify you right away one way or another and be like "sorry, but we are not that into you" or " congrats you made our list!"

For Kent, last year's thread also mentions 1/14, so there's still hope. There's no mention of invites on here or gradcafe.

I'm assuming no one else has yet heard back from Florida State about interview invites? (Not counting the member who heard from hir POI.)

Though I suppose they could be delayed this year in comparison to previous years, since the application deadline was pushed back from the 1st to the 12th.

Yes, I have heard from U. of Rhode Island. They seem to be keeping in contact with students. However, the e-mail(s) were regarding incomplete status of application materials. Hope this helps.

I'm assuming no one else has yet heard back from Florida State about interview invites? (Not counting the member who heard from hir POI.)

Though I suppose they could be delayed this year in comparison to previous years, since the application deadline was pushed back from the 1st to the 12th.

I have not yet heard from them either, so hopefully it's just cause they haven't sent out invites yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got this email! So excited!

Dear SomeRandomKid3,

Thank you for applying. We would like to offer you ALL the interviews.

Sincerely,
All the grad schools

I received a phone call from a Drexel grad student inviting me to an interview!

School name: Drexel University
Program type/track: Clinical Ph.D.
Date received: 1/5/2012
How notified: Phone call from grad student working in the lab of my POI
Interview dates offered: 2/10/2012 and 2/20/2012

Super excited! I also got an email from Penn State, which is on the list, but I applied for the adult program:

School name: Penn State University
Program type/track: Clinical Ph.D., Adult Track
Date received: 1/5/2012
How notified: Email from POI
Interview dates offered: Full day interviews on either 2/3/2012 and 2/4/2012, plus events requiring attendance in the evening on 2/3 and in the morning on 2/4.

Good luck, everyone!

Has anyone heard from University of Toledo? Last year it looks like an invite was sent out the first week of January, and the year before that it was sent out on January 29...so, I'm wondering if they intend to send them out early like last year or wait until later? PM me if you have! Thanks :)

And the year before that they didn't go out until Feb 10th.

Which, of course, makes you wonder if this would suggest that they're going with a progressively earlier and earlier notification date, or if last year was just anomalously early and we likely won't hear anything until at least the end of January, or, if, dare I say it...there's no way of predicting when they'll go out at all, and I have to kiss even that illusion of "control" over this whole awful process goodbye.

I was really hoping to hear from Toledo or Michigan State this week, but so far, all is quiet here, as well as on the Grad Cafe front...

would you mind PM'ing me the lab at drexel?

Can you PM your POI at Drexel ?

Some of you guys were late coming to the thread so I'll repeat myself. Instead of spamming this thread asking for POI PM's, please just PM them yourself. If they don't feel comfortable answering, they won't and it'll keep this thread from getting cluttered.

Thanks guys and good luck everyone! :D

Which, of course, makes you wonder if this would suggest that they're going with a progressively earlier and earlier notification date, or if last year was just anomalously early and we likely won't hear anything until at least the end of January, or, if, dare I say it...there's no way of predicting when they'll go out at all, and I have to kiss even that illusion of "control" over this whole awful process goodbye.

I was really hoping to hear from Toledo or Michigan State this week, but so far, all is quiet here, as well as on the Grad Cafe front...

I have been in contact with my POI and he told me that they were finishing up the initial review of applicants this week and would be sending out interview invites in the next two weeks. So, I get the impression that this year we'll know before the end of January.

Hope that helps! Good luck to us!

Ive been waiting on Michigan state too, brutal waiting for the top choice.

Has anyone heard from University of Maryland CP in any capacity?

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum and I can tell this can be both a good and VERY stressful platform. here are the programs I applied to (all for Clinical Psychology PhD)
UCLA
USC
SDSU/UCSD JDP
BOSTON UNIVERSITY
NORTHWESTERN - FEINBERG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
UNIVERSITY ILLINOIS- CHICAGO
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

Besides USC, I haven't seen any activity with my other programs yet. No news is good news. For now.

Good luck to all of you! :thumbup:

Has anyone heard from University of Louisville clinical yet?

Has anyone heard from University of Louisville clinical yet?

Not yet. I'm waiting to hear from them too. A year ago today was when they sent out invites though, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I got an email this morning from my POI that was basically a pre-interview screening (basically a phone interview but via email). Anyone else?

Not yet. I'm waiting to hear from them too. A year ago today was when they sent out invites though, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.
After I submitted my application, they sent me an email and said that applicants will be notified about the status of their application by 1/15. We might have to wait another week or so :xf:

Yes, I have heard from U. of Rhode Island. They seem to be keeping in contact with students. However, the e-mail(s) were regarding incomplete status of application materials. Hope this helps.

OK.. well, that's weird. I am pretty sure mine was complete, but who knows since they haven't let me know. Did they tell you anything regarding reviewing/decisions? I tried calling AND emailing yesterday, and no one has gotten back to me. Your message made me worry a lot.

a friend of mine heard from northwestern univ via phone call on weds 1/4. not sure what she applied to or which of the NW programs. just a heads up.

I feel someone is playing a cruel joke on me today.

This morning I received a call from someone with an area code of 312 (Chicago - I applied to 2 Chicago area schools). No voicemail, looked up the number and found it was some scam offering free trips to the Bahamas.

Just received another call from 979 (Texas - including College Station (Texas A&M). Let it go to VM as I'm at work, no message. It even has the first 3 numbers of the university extension, 845. Ugh. Google search didn't turn up anything else.

Yeah that's what I was thinking after looking at posts from last year, I've been checking my email today like a crazy person.

a friend of mine heard from northwestern univ via phone call on weds 1/4. not sure what she applied to or which of the NW programs. just a heads up.

my heart just skipped a beat. This is one of my top choice schools! :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

I feel someone is playing a cruel joke on me today.

This morning I received a call from someone with an area code of 312 (Chicago - I applied to 2 Chicago area schools). No voicemail, looked up the number and found it was some scam offering free trips to the Bahamas.

Just received another call from 979 (Texas - including College Station (Texas A&M). Let it go to VM as I'm at work, no message. It even has the first 3 numbers of the university extension, 845. Ugh. Google search didn't turn up anything else.

For what it is worth, my POI at Texas A & M just told me they don't have their faculty meeting about interviewees until the 10th so (unfortunately), I don't think that call was about an invitation.

For what it is worth, my POI at Texas A & M just told me they don't have their faculty meeting about interviewees until the 10th so (unfortunately), I don't think that call was about an invitation.

Thanks for the update. Looks like the grad gods are having fun at my expense :(

I have received a mail from Kent State stating that my application forwarded to admissions committe for reviewing.
I had contacted Montana about my application status , they said they will review the app.materials and inform me in two weeks about application's completion status, missing documents etc

hey! Sorry, was the Kent notification via snail mail or an email?

Scratch that. Just received an email from my POI at Texas A&M wanting to schedule a phone interview sometime next week. Yay!

Hey everyone, I was emailed earlier today and invited to interview at John Jay for the Clinical Forensic Psychology PhD program. Their day for interviews is February 3. Don't know if this helps anybody, but thought I'd throw it out there. I know I appreciate it when applicants post information about the schools I'm applying to =)

to those applying to NW, sorry I don't know details of her app, but i applied to so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed

School name: University of Louisville
Program type/track: Clinical Ph.D., Adult Track
Date received: 1/6/2012
How notified: Email from POI
Interview dates offered: Arrive 1/22/2012 for dinner with current graduate students and a full day interviews on 1/23/2012.

I am very excited to hear from this program.

Good luck to everyone, this is my second year applying and I know how anxiety provoking and stressful the process can be.

Last edited:
Can you believe I walked away from my phone and I received a call from an 'unknown number' (no message). I'm kicking myself.

Does anyone know the timelines for invites and interviews for the University of Kansas and the University of Missouri-Kansas City adult clinical programs? I've looked in the posts from the past few years and do not see any dates for these two places. Thanks!

Does anyone know dates we might hear from University of Kansas or University of Missouri-Kansas City?

Applied to the following:
Clinical Georgia State, UW-Milwaukee, Marquette, DePaul, Virginia Commonwealth University, American, University of Vermont, St. John's, C.W. Post (PsyD), University of New Mexico, University of Missouri-St. Louis
Counseling: University of Missouri-Kansas City, University of Minnesota, Loyola Chicago

Any common schools? Any word from the above institutions?

University of Missouri-Columbia
Clinical
1/6/2012
Personalized email
2/2/12--2/4/12 for interviews

First in-person invite; really excited as Missouri was high on my list!

Applied to the following:
Clinical Georgia State, UW-Milwaukee, Marquette, DePaul, Virginia Commonwealth University, American, University of Vermont, St. John's, C.W. Post (PsyD), University of New Mexico, University of Missouri-St. Louis
Counseling: University of Missouri-Kansas City, University of Minnesota, Loyola Chicago

Any common schools? Any word from the above institutions?

We have four in common: VCU, American, UVM and C.W. Post (PsyD). I don't think anyone has heard from any of these yet. Guess we just have to hang in there.

Has anyone heard anything from U of Utah? I saw from last year's thread that invitation invites were sent around this time...