2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough decision, but just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just pulled out.

That's what she said. I mean he said

Anyways, good luck to anyone getting the open spot!

What do you do for fun? Any clubs your involved in?

There are plenty of things to do around RFU/CMS for fun: have some drinks with friends at a bar, go to the beach, take the Metra downtown, hang out with friends on campus, play Foosball (my personal favorite)...etc.

There are a multitude of clubs on campus - basically anything you can think of, and if the specific club you are looking for isn't already established, by all means start it.

For current students at CMS, how do you like going to class with other grad students? How is the atmosphere with other health profession students?

Just got accepted this morning! It is my first one too! I interviewed on 3/26 if that matters to anyone. Good luck to everyone else. It looks like a lot of wait lists will be moving soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk about a misleading email. My application was reviewed "favorably for admission", yet I was placed on a non-rank order waitlist. The fun just doesn't stop.

Talk about a misleading email. My application was reviewed "favorably for admission", yet I was placed on a non-rank order waitlist. The fun just doesn't stop.

Same here.

Just got accepted this morning! It is my first one too! I interviewed on 3/26 if that matters to anyone. Good luck to everyone else. It looks like a lot of wait lists will be moving soon!

Congrats!! Did u send in any letters or just waited it out?

Are any of you current students at RFUMS? I am a BMS student and haven't heard anything. I have been on hold since March

reviewed "favorably for admission" as well. ugh..... well i guess this is good news. better to be reviewed "favorably" than to be rejected right? gah..

Congrats!! Did u send in any letters or just waited it out?

I updated them on an international medical placement that I did, and I stated my interest in the school too. I guess it worked! Good luck everyone!

Yes I spoke to my advisor and she told me that they sent out a final admissions status to the students (at least to students already at RFUMS) and apparently everyone else received an email but me. My email is lost in cyberspace :( now I have to wait until Tuesday or later

Any more questions for a current student?

What do you recommend as the best way of taking notes? If you (or any other current students) use an ipad, could you tell me whether it's useful to get a stylus and do some note taking/picture drawing on it? Also, do you know whether RF gives you access to medical textbooks for anatomy, etc through your ipad? I understand that some people are really good at using their tablets for school purposes but honestly, I'm not super tech savvy. If I could get away with taking my laptop, pencil, notebook to class and take notes the old-fashioned way, I might just stick with that...

Thanks!

What do you recommend as the best way of taking notes? If you (or any other current students) use an ipad, could you tell me whether it's useful to get a stylus and do some note taking/picture drawing on it? Also, do you know whether RF gives you access to medical textbooks for anatomy, etc through your ipad? I understand that some people are really good at using their tablets for school purposes but honestly, I'm not super tech savvy. If I could get away with taking my laptop, pencil, notebook to class and take notes the old-fashioned way, I might just stick with that...

Thanks!

+1

I'm still so undecided between buying a laser printer or a tablet. A tablet would be really convenient because you can easily have all your notes with you. But at the same time, I kinda like writing on paper @.@

+1

I'm still so undecided between buying a laser printer or a tablet. A tablet would be really convenient because you can easily have all your notes with you. But at the same time, I kinda like writing on paper @.@
There is a discussion going on in the facebook group regarding just these questions. Just to reiterate what I said there, I have an android tablet and loved it this past year. Really helped me out. Note-taking is best done on a laptop, but it works on the tablet as well. I really used it to study using lots of different apps, and some pdf's of the textbooks that were handed down to us from the previous class.

There is a discussion going on in the facebook group regarding just these questions. Just to reiterate what I said there, I have an android tablet and loved it this past year. Really helped me out. Note-taking is best done on a laptop, but it works on the tablet as well. I really used it to study using lots of different apps, and some pdf's of the textbooks that were handed down to us from the previous class.

Which apps on the tablet would you recommend us to download for note taking, downloading pdfs, annotating pdfs, opening textbooks, etc.

Did anybody get rejected? it seems like everyone left got waitlisted.

Which apps on the tablet would you recommend us to download for note taking, downloading pdfs, annotating pdfs, opening textbooks, etc.
I had no issues using whatever reader apps came with the tablet as far as reading the pdf's. As far as taking notes, there is an app called Evernote, and another called MobileNoter that you can sync with OneNote

To whomever gave up their acceptance:

THANK YOU SO MUCH :) I just got pulled off the waitlist. Interviewed in April, placed on waitlist May.

Best of luck to you wherever you are and wherever you go!!

To whomever gave up their acceptance:

THANK YOU SO MUCH :) I just got pulled off the waitlist. Interviewed in April, placed on waitlist May.

Best of luck to you wherever you are and wherever you go!!

congrats.

Has anyone heard of recent movement on the waitlist here? I'm anxiously awaiting word from RFU and am tempted to call them...

I haven't heard of any, anxiously awaiting here too...

Does anyone have stats on about how many people usually get into this school off the waitlist?

I haven't heard of any, anxiously awaiting here too...

So I called them on thursday and they said they have taken multiple individuals out of the wait list pool (didn't give an exact number) They said the class is currently full and will accept new people when someone drops or withdraws. So overall, just sit and wait :scared:

Congrats to all who got accepted! I'm posting this on behalf of my brother because it seems the housing forum site is down :( Anyways, please feel free to PM me if you're interested or have any questions. Thank you :D

This is a two bedroom apartment located on the 3rd floor of The Woodlands on Green Bay Apartments, which is right across the street from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. I am a 23-year-old male and will be a first year medical student at the university this fall. I am seeking a roommate to fill the second room.

WHO: I am looking for a male student at RFUMS, preferrably a medical student. However, any other students from RFUMS will be great too.
DETAILS: The apartment has two separate bedrooms and two separate private bathrooms. Each half of the apartment has its own door and private entryway. In addition, both sides have their own doors that can be locked and lead into the common area/kitchen. The living area/common area is spacious and leads to a sliding patio door which leads to a balcony. There is ample parking outside.
NEIGHBORHOOD: This is an extremely safe neighborhood (I lived here for the past year while completing a master's program at RFUMS) and is very calm, as almost everyone living on the property is a student. Management is also great and every helpful.
OTHER COSTS: The water, sewer, and trash fee is $39/month, or $19.50 per person per month. Other utilities that will be split per month include internet, TV, gas, and electric. All of these utilities come to approximately $100 (or less) per month per person.
OTHER INFO: The door to enter the apartment complex is also locked, for additional safety. Other amenities include a fitness center, swimming pool/sun deck, tennis courts, picnic/barbeque area, dog walk, club house/media room, and laundry facilities.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm posting this on behalf of my brother. Please PM me if you're interested or have any questions. Thank you :D

This is a two bedroom apartment located on the 3rd floor of The Woodlands on Green Bay Apartments, which is right across the street from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. I am a 23-year-old male and will be a first year medical student at the university this fall. I am seeking a roommate to fill the second room.

WHO: I am looking for a male student at RFUMS, preferrably a medical student. However, any other students from RFUMS will be great too.
DETAILS: The apartment has two separate bedrooms and two separate private bathrooms. Each half of the apartment has its own door and private entryway. In addition, both sides have their own doors that can be locked and lead into the common area/kitchen. The living area/common area is spacious and leads to a sliding patio door which leads to a balcony. There is ample parking outside.
NEIGHBORHOOD: This is an extremely safe neighborhood (I lived here for the past year while completing a master's program at RFUMS) and is very calm, as almost everyone living on the property is a student. Management is also great and every helpful.
OTHER COSTS: The water, sewer, and trash fee is $39/month, or $19.50 per person per month. Other utilities that will be split per month include internet, TV, gas, and electric. All of these utilities come to approximately $100 (or less) per month per person.
OTHER INFO: The door to enter the apartment complex is also locked, for additional safety. Other amenities include a fitness center, swimming pool/sun deck, tennis courts, picnic/barbeque area, dog walk, club house/media room, and laundry facilities.

MCAT range: 10-90th percentile: 27-35
GPA range: 10-90th percentile: 3.38-3.96 (Median: 3.75)
sGPA range: 10-90th percentile: 3.25-3.97 (Median: 3.75)
Hahaha your signature is priceless. Thanks for those stats, too.

Just got the call!! And so unexpected, I don't even know when I need to be there. Can someone tell me where to go to find what day orientation, classes, etc start? How about the facebook page link? YAY so excited

Just got the call!! And so unexpected, I don't even know when I need to be there. Can someone tell me where to go to find what day orientation, classes, etc start? How about the facebook page link? YAY so excited

Congrats! I'm sure you'll get that info from the admissions office soon enough, but if I remember correctly, orientation starts Aug 7 and classes start Aug 13.

Also, here is the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/204396559667057/

See ya in a few weeks!

Hello, I'm really new to this. I just got off waitlist last Friday, so I've been apartment hunting. I found a really nice two bedroom deluxe at Woodlands, and I'm looking for a female roommate to share it with me.

Also congrats to the incoming class of 2016!! =)

This is a two bedroom apartment located on the 3rd floor of The Woodlands on Green Bay Apartments, which is right across the street from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.

WHO: I am looking for a female student at RFUMS, preferrably a medical student. However, any other students from RFUMS will be great too.
DETAILS: The apartment has two separate bedrooms and two separate private bathrooms. The living area/common area is spacious and leads to a sliding patio door which leads to a balcony. The apartment includes a washer/dryer so you don't have to use the shared ones.
NEIGHBORHOOD: It's 0.32 miles from school. I really don't know too much about it. But I've heard some great things about the place from past students. Also, the apartment complex includes a tennis court, swimming pool, dog park, and other awesome amenities.

So, if you're interested, please feel free to PM me, or if you have any other questions. Thank you so much!! See you all at orientation!! =)

Is there a particular phone number or e-mail address people have been using to contact CMS? Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't have access to the interview packet right now.

I know its the last week and time is short.....but does anyone have an idea if there could be more wait-list movement? Want this more than anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.