2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete 7/19
Primary Screening 7/20
Small Pooled 8/8! <--they were waiting for my MCAT I think.

Good luck everyone!

glad to hear and hope the application year goes well for you too.

Members don't see this ad.

entered screening! complete email 8/8

They appear to be sticking to their schedule.

Complete 7/26, screening 7/26, passed primary screening 8/11

Members don't see this ad :)
Going for a dip in the pool, yipeeeeee :thumbup:

Complete: 7/20
Screening: 7/20
Pooled: 8/11

Small pooled today!! So excited!!! :D:D:D

Entered screening 7/26

I entered screening 07/20, still not pooled :( Should I assume rejection, or do they actually notify you if you are rejected?

I entered screening 07/20, still not pooled :( Should I assume rejection, or do they actually notify you if you are rejected?
Actually I was in screeing 7/20 as well and entered pool today. Not sure if being 'off schedule' from others means something bad in particular, but you should not assume rejection yet.

Complete/entered screening 7/26, small pooled 8/12

Entered screening 7/26
Pooled 8/11

Seems like many of us are on a similar timeline. Hopefully invites to follow!

I never got a verified email or a secondary invite from this school (was verified late June). I recently emailed the school to ask whether they screen or not and if that's the reason. Didn't get a reply. It's my back-up school so I don't really mind, and it's one less essay(s) + fee to attend to. But I am a bit curious about what went wrong though.

How long does it take to receive a secondary? Also, do they send out secondaries only after verification?

keep in mind guys that that there alot of applicants applying to the school so it may take some time. i think typically interview invites for this school is towards the end of august and the beginning of september. best wishes! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were small pooled, approximately how long were your essays? Are you incorporating personal experiences to better explain your answers? The prompts just seem a bit vague to me.

My essays were about 200 words long. I would talk about your personal experiences for sure. Go on their website and read about life in discovery as well.

Cool thanks.

Also, how did you guys hear of Rosalind Franklin? I feel like I don't have any compelling reason (other than it was recommended to me by an advisor).

i was verified on august 7th, anyone know how long I should expect to receive the secondary?

Cool thanks.

Also, how did you guys hear of Rosalind Franklin? I feel like I don't have any compelling reason (other than it was recommended to me by an advisor).

Don't be so neurotic about such inconsequential things. You don't need a compelling reason of how you heard about the school, but you need a compelling reason to the "why did you choose this school" interview question though.

How long does it take to get their secondary because I still have not received mine...was I screened out?

Did they start giving out interviews?

How long does it take to get their secondary because I still have not received mine...was I screened out?

Did they start giving out interviews?

They usually give their secondary after confirming your primary application. I don't think there is a screen to get a secondary here, but i think they do screen (Not sure what the MCAT/GPA cutoff is) after they receive your secondary application and give you a complete email. typically then people can be small pooled for a potential interview. being small pooled isn't a guarantee for an interview, but you are with a bunch of other applicants who could be invited. typically, if you have competitive stats, you will hopefully get an interview invite. There have been some applicants who even with competitive stats were not able to get an interview. Rosalind Franklin usually sends out interview invitations towards the beginning of September.

Last edited:
Complete: 7/25
Entered Primary Screening: 7/26
Small pooled 8/18 (today!)

I'm glad we're discussing this small pooling. I thought the e-mail meant "You're not getting rejected, but you got passed over for an interview at first look, so don't hold your breath."So at this point, no one has received an interview from CMS yet?

In-state non-trad applicant here, a competitive MCAT but an abysmal undergrad GPA. Hopefully they see something else they like enough for an interview! I'd love the chance to come here.

^ thought I'd also mention I was small-pooled with an abysmal undergrad gpa and great mcat (also good letters of rec, great research experience)

I am possibly ******ed.

Did anyone else upload a .png for their picture, then check out the copy of the secondary included in your confirmation email and notice that the picture was pixellated and weird?

I really want to email them the same pic in jpeg form, but I don't want them to think I care that much about my appearance hahaha. :oops:

I don't think it's a big deal asking them, but I wouldn't expect a quick reply since they'll be super busy with all the applications they'll be receiving.
Just send them an email with the other pic and don't fret; let them do the job :cool:

I entered screening 8/26 and still didnt receive a status, beginning to worry me. Did anyone get rejections?

I entered screening 8/26 and still didnt receive a status, beginning to worry me. Did anyone get rejections?
Ok, I'm gonna assume that you entered screening in 7/26 unless you had a time warp :D. I believe that ppl who entered screening late (by that I mean after early July) received a notification after at least 2-3 weeks. So you're still within schedule. Probably you'll hear something next week.
And yes, there were ppl who did not pass the primary screening. I think they posted it earlier in the thread.
Btw, it's ok if you seem behind schedule compared to those who entered screening at the same time as you. I received my passed screening notification several days after the guys who entered screening at the same time as I did pass the screen.

Ok, I'm gonna assume that you entered screening in 7/26 unless you had a time warp :D. I believe that ppl who entered screening late (by that I mean after early July) received a notification after at least 2-3 weeks. So you're still within schedule. Probably you'll hear something next week.
And yes, there were ppl who did not pass the primary screening. I think they posted it earlier in the thread.
Btw, it's ok if you seem behind schedule compared to those who entered screening at the same time as you. I received my passed screening notification several days after the guys who entered screening at the same time as I did pass the screen.

Oh yeah, I mean 7/26 :), Good to know! Hopefully its not a rejection :luck:

Entered screening: 7/26
Small pooled: 8/18

I wouldn't worry about not being small pooled yet. There were others from our date that were pooled on 8/11, so, it seems to be taking them awhile to get this info out.

Does anyone know if they actually expect an essay for the last question -- "how did you hear about Rosalind Franklin?" To be honest, I'm just applying because it's in my state. I applied to all the med schools in Illinois.

Does anyone know if they actually expect an essay for the last question -- "how did you hear about Rosalind Franklin?" To be honest, I'm just applying because it's in my state. I applied to all the med schools in Illinois.
Just got pool. Just now. Weird time!

pooled today (i wouldn't say "small" cause I still don't know what it means). Seems like a formality .. ?

I think I had a two sentence answer about how I heard about the school from ____, looked into it further and decided I would apply because of ____. :luck:

How do you know when your application entered screening? I received confirmation that they received my secondary in early July but didn't get my MCAT back until July 19th. How do I know if they got my scores and letters?

How do you know when your application entered screening? I received confirmation that they received my secondary in early July but didn't get my MCAT back until July 19th. How do I know if they got my scores and letters?

They send you an email that you are entering the primary screening.

I submitted my application on 8/2, but haven't recieved a complete e-mail yet, unless it's the confirmation e-mail they send people right after app submission. (I've turned everything in already)

For those who are complete and have entered screening, how long was the lag time between when you submitted and when you were designated as "complete"? Should I be worried?

I submitted my application on 8/2, but haven't recieved a complete e-mail yet, unless it's the confirmation e-mail they send people right after app submission. (I've turned everything in already)

For those who are complete and have entered screening, how long was the lag time between when you submitted and when you were designated as "complete"? Should I be worried?

A few days. See the posts above.

I am just about to submit my secondary. I was wondering how do you your app status? I mean they didn't provide me with a link. And does it go something like:
Primary screen
Large pool
Small pool

Entered screening on the first week of August.

Pooled 8/22. What exactly is the significance of pool at RF?

Entered screening on the first week of August.

Pooled 8/22. What exactly is the significance of pool at RF?
the significance of the pool is that they screen people into the pool so that 50-60% of applicants are removed and from there they pick out guys for interview

the significance of the pool is that they screen people into the pool so that 50-60% of applicants are removed and from there they pick out guys for interview

I didn't know that only ~40% people make it into the pool. That's not a bad place to be then. Thanks for the information. :)

I didn't know that only ~40% people make it into the pool. That's not a bad place to be then. Thanks for the information. :)
i think its roughly 50%....either way if ur not in the pool ur probably not gettin and interview so its a good place to be regardless how many people r in it :p

Just got rejected. I guess I'm a little happy, since this school is crappy from what I hear.

Just got rejected. I guess I'm a little happy, since this school is crappy from what I hear.
Now now, no need to bad mouth a school b/c they rejected you. But I do agree that it is better to be rejected early than let it drag forever with a "hold" status and eventually get rejected in Spring. I believe you're a good applicant, so good luck with the other schools this cycle :luck:

bitter much? I don't think theres such a thing as a cruddy MD school...everything is what you make of it :)
Soldierboy, thinking about adding an MDapps profile? It'd be great to know more about SDN friends here so we can help each other out. I already have 1 convert, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.