2011-2012 SFSU Dental Post-bac

kevinrho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for this program. They are starting to offer interviews for the program and I wanted to know if any other SDNers applied to this program.

Members don't see this ad.

It can be a very competitive program since other in the similar situations would look at this program as a way to get into dental school. Well, it does not hurt to try.
If you can try to retake your DAT or rewrite your essay for next year application, you can avoid spending extra money for one year of post-bac and have other opportunities applying to schools in other states.

Members don't see this ad :)
It can be a very competitive program since other in the similar situations would look at this program as a way to get into dental school. Well, it does not hurt to try.
If you can try to retake your DAT or rewrite your essay for next year application, you can avoid spending extra money for one year of post-bac and have other opportunities applying to schools in other states.

I understand that it is a very competitive program, but because I did not get in this cycle. It is a very good way get some resources that I will need to improve my app. I believe that by improving my DAT scores and rewriting my essay for next year's application would be fine and I will avoid spending extra money for a one year post-bac, but I believe this program will help me in many areas of my application besides DAT and essay. Thanks for your input though!

I've interviewed for dental schools before so I can tell you how those are. For the most part the interviewees want to get to know you as a person. I usually only get one if any dental related questions. They like to know my interests, what I do for fun, what books I've recently read, etc. I'm assuming this interview will be the same. I'll let know on Saturday. I have a good gpa 3.78, but I did pretty bad on my DAT. Im not a very good test taker. I also graduated college in 2009 so I've been out of an organized, structured curriculum for two years now. I need to get back into a classroom before I start dental school. It's been a while. :D

I also interviewed on April 30. Did anyone find out if you got in yet.

just curious, but how have those who have completed this program done in admissions? Which schools have they been accepted to?

Do students tend to get accepted when they apply DURING or AFTER they complete the program?

You got accepted? Got the phone call? when did you get the call?

Does anyone know if the program still has any open seats? I can imagine the 16 slots can be filled up quite quickly!

Btw, congrats zeko1520! Did you apply to any other post-bacs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there are still seats open. They've only interviewed what maybe 12? I didn't get accepted so I could imagine at least 5 more if everyone got accepted but me.
Did they say we can call to find out about our status? I know they said we can email them. I emailed and I haven't received a response. Yvonne is usually pretty good with responding to emails too. Man this sucks. This was my only hope left.

just curious, but how have those who have completed this program done in admissions? Which schools have they been accepted to?

Do students tend to get accepted when they apply DURING or AFTER they complete the program?

i have friends considering this route for next year

I remember reading somewhere on their website that 90% of the students end up in dental schools. Which schools? No idea. My impression was mostly UOP or UCSF, but I can be totally wrong.

Interviewed May 3, and still waiting for a decision... Does anyone know how many people they interviewed total? How many applied total?

I was accepted and I start the program May 31. How do you sign up for the summer coarse.

Interviewed May 3, and still waiting for a decision... Does anyone know how many people they interviewed total? How many applied total?

I interviewed April 30 and I think there were 10 of us that interviewed.

Does anybody know how many they interview total? Because I know there are 16-17 spots, so I'm just trying to see how competitive it is, since I already made it to the interview

From what I gathered from old forums, there were two interview dates. Not exactly sure if this is correct though...

Were there many others interviewed with you, Buiiii?

I haven't received any interview invites! I'm about to give up hope for this post bac. I really wanted to attend! :(

From what I gathered from old forums, there were two interview dates. Not exactly sure if this is correct though...

Were there many others interviewed with you, Buiiii?

I haven't received any interview invites! I'm about to give up hope for this post bac. I really wanted to attend! :(

I had a video skyPe interview.

i also interviewed via skype, May 4, and was told I should get a response by the end of the week! are you a CA resident?

received a call from Yvonne at 4:30pm; interviewed on the 7th. accepted and will be attending :]

I got the call today:) accepted and moving all the way from TX!

I was accepted and I start the program May 31. How do you sign up for the summer coarse.

If you're starting on May 31st then you're going to do the prep course [unless you don't need to take/retake your DAT]. You won't be taking summer classes.

Congrats to everyone who got in! :) Looking forward to meeting all the beautiful faces:laugh:

Congrats to those who I got in! I am jealous!! I just interviewed yesterday and am eagerly waiting to hear back! Keep me in you prayers! I need this :nod:

Congrats to those who I got in! I am jealous!! I just interviewed yesterday and am eagerly waiting to hear back! Keep me in you prayers! I need this :nod:

did they mention how many seats were left? how many people interviewed with you that day?

thanks.

i was denied....... :( nothing new this cycle... i was really hoping to get into this program too! it seemed like it would have been a great opportunity. All the people that were there were great.. this is sad news... however, enjoy the program to those who got accepted and goodluck to those in the same boat as me.

did anyone that was accepted receive a confirmation email or anything? I spoke with Yvonne yesterday and she said they were in the process of sending out acceptance packages and official rejection letters.

I have not received anything yet but, I called and they said we should be receiving an email tomorrow :)

ahhhh I have yet to hear anything again today...the wait continues! anyone else heard back today?

just received the email :) now the search for a place to live begins

just received the email :) now the search for a place to live begins

Me too! Have you asked to get an email of other people in the program? Or you just finding a studio? I had a friend that lives in SF recommend Park Merced apartments...

Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far! From what I've read, this is a fantastic program. Good news is that I've received an interview date for the 9th of June. Must be coming down to the wire.:xf: