2011-2012 SUNY Downstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a call saying that I was accepted!
Was originally put on spring hold after my early Feb interview and was moved to the alternate list late May.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a call saying that I was accepted!
Was originally put on spring hold after my early Feb interview and was moved to the alternate list late May.

Wow, congrats! Had you completed all items on your checklist?

Members don't see this ad :)
So today I found a link to the admissions study styles in my checklist. Filled it out, hope its not a bug because I tried filling that thing out like 2 times already haha.

So today I found a link to the admissions study styles in my checklist. Filled it out, hope its not a bug because I tried filling that thing out like 2 times already haha.
Yes, I too have filled that out a couple times now. Fellow Alt listed applicant here.. Threads from previous years seem to indicate that there was a least a little movement in the first two weeks of July for the Alternate List. What's going on this year?

I'm pretty bummed that I don't have an acceptance as of yet (and most likely not this time around). I felt I was competitive. Ah well, '09 MCAT is expiring so I guess I just have to absolutely murder that test this time around.

I'll also be attending Downstate. I'm excited. Does anyone know the dress code for the orientation?

My dad read recently that the hospital was in danger of closing some time within the next four years, but all of the research I have done suggests that this isn't true. Any opinions/information?

My dad read recently that the hospital was in danger of closing some time within the next four years, but all of the research I have done suggests that this isn't true. Any opinions/information?

The school is not closing, but I heard much of the hospital staff may be transferred to expand one of our other hospitals.

just curious...where did he read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.