2011-2012 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mine confirms the date, but after an hour or two it resets to saying no date selected

Same... no confirmation email either... has anyone emailed them?

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't received a secondary from SUNY Upstate. Anyone in the same boat? I completed my AMCAS July 1st and it was verified a few weeks ago. I've submitted every other secondary application......

Same... no confirmation email either... has anyone emailed them?

Yeah I sent out an email to them and a nice lady replied. Basically we have to wait until we receive an official email instructing us to select a date for the interview. Otherwise, the system won't record the date we selected. She also said that the email will be sent out every Monday evening. :)
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I sent out an email to them and a nice lady replied. Basically we have to wait until we receive an official email instructing us to select a date for the interview. Otherwise, the system won't record the date we selected. She also said that the email will be sent out every Monday evening. :)
Good luck everyone!

Thanks! I was scared it was a mistake or something! :oops:

Good luck everyone!

Just called them and received the same answer. We should be getting emails tonight! :D Congrats everyone.

I also received the missing items email, but when I logged into my status page today it says "Aug 03, 2011 LOR - PDF Load" does this mean they've received it, or they're still processing it?

I do not have that message listed in my status. However, I believe that means that your letters have been uploaded. :luck: Good luck!

Congrats to all those who received interviews! :)

got an invite as well, after hearing from the vets on sdn I'm looking forward to visiting

Does anyone know when the interview day ends? And what time the interviews will be conducted?

Does SUNY Screen?

I was verified on July 26th and I still haven't received a secondary email from SUNY Upstate...

If it matters, I'm from California.

Thanks

whoa so i'm not sure if this happened to anyone else, but i just checked my SUNY Upstate secondary application status site and it went from only having one "LOR - PDF Load" to multiple (as in the number that I sent in). did anyone else have this happen?

Inteview invite today on status page (No email yet!) :)
OOS 3.84/34Q

Members don't see this ad :)
My AMCAS application was verified today (8/12). Does anyone know how long it take to receive their secondary application?

Thanks.

My AMCAS application was verified today (8/12). Does anyone know how long it take to receive their secondary application?

Thanks.
...w/in a wk+

Are there no overnight hosts?

Usually they e-mail people at the beginning of the year to ask if they want to volunteer to be hosts. School hasn't started yet, hence no list. Not sure what they usually do for you early interviewing folks, maybe shoot them an e-mail and ask.

Where can I check my status? I tried going back to the secondary, and it just states that they have received all of my materials....

just got an email from SUNY Upstate saying that i'm on pre-interview hold...whatever that means. i'm guessing silent rejection?

just got an email from SUNY Upstate saying that i'm on pre-interview hold...whatever that means. i'm guessing silent rejection?

I got the same:

Your application to the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical
University has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. At this time,
we would like to inform you that your application has been placed on
pre-interview HOLD. All candidates who have their applications placed on
HOLD will have their application reviewed a second time once the entire
applicant pool has been reviewed.

It is not possible at this time to predict the final action of the
Committee regarding your application, and we do appreciate your patience.
Once a final decision on your application has been reached, the Committee
will inform you, in writing, of their decision.

Sincerely,

Admissions Committee
College of Medicine
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse

Pre interview hold for me as well...hopfully they give us another chance...i'm IS by the way

+1 for holds. Based on the wording of the e-mail, I wouldn't expect to hear from them again for a while.

yea...the whole "All candidates who have their applications placed on
HOLD will have their application reviewed a second time once the entire
applicant pool has been reviewed." really seems dismal, especially seeing that they get 4400 applications a year...

<optimism>I don't have any stats for how many people they place on hold, but maybe it's a lot? We may be in very good company. And even if we have to wait a few months, if a ton of people are on hold, maybe we'll still be in decent running. Sure it negates the benefit of having applied early, but it doesn't mean we're hopeless. It's frustrating but not the end of the world.</optimism>

interview invite :)

One quick question.
So as for the two essays we have to write, are there any word count or character count???

Has everyone received some sort of feedback? I have not received any feedback yet (complete Aug. 3)

Pre-interview hold as well :(. I'm IS also.

To those of you placed on hold, when did you get the complete e-mail? Thanks

Nope, I'm with you. I've been complete since July 20th and haven't heard a peep yet. I wouldn't start worrying quite yet.

I've been complete over a week and still no secondary invite or feedback of any kind...they don't screen, so what takes so long?

I've been complete over a week and still no secondary invite or feedback of any kind...they don't screen, so what takes so long?

I had my primary submitted 6/1 and didn't receive a secondary until 7/20. This process just takes time, I don't think it's indicative of your standing as a competitive applicant. Every school dishes out secondaries differently, some use automated systems (which obviously expedites the process) where others might check by hand to ensure that all of your ducks are in a row first. Just be patient and you'll get your secondary eventually.

I had my primary submitted 6/1 and didn't receive a secondary until 7/20. This process just takes time, I don't think it's indicative of your standing as a competitive applicant. Every school dishes out secondaries differently, some use automated systems (which obviously expedites the process) where others might check by hand to ensure that all of your ducks are in a row first. Just be patient and you'll get your secondary eventually.

Thanks, sag. Just getting anxious as September approaches!

Hey, I submitted my application couple of days ago. Now, when I login to the supplementary application page, under application preference column I see 'Not entered'. Does this refer to the rural preference, and is that what everyone's page shows?

Seems there are no essays on this except what you plan on doing the next year if you didn't recently graduate. Question is worded kinda strange to me. If you did graduate this past june..why would they not want to know what you were doing over the next year??

gmcguitar....Reread the question you are misunderstanding. They are asking what you will be doing if you did graduate.

Is anyone able to clarify this?
The way it is worded sounds like if you graduated prior to this past June they want to know what you'll be doing this year. I graduated in June...so do they not want to know what I'm doing on my year off?

for those of you who found out that they got interview invites via the status page, where did you check it? i logged in and clicked on fall 2012, but it just leads me to a summary of my application :(

After getting the interview invite, it asks for essays, photos, Fall grades and "Upload Your Class List". What's "Upload Your Class List"?

Do I upload my entire transcript here?

Status
Not open for further replies.