2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did write something in the optional essay, although of course no one can say if that mattered or not. I didn't write a "why Tufts" essay, but I wrote something about my life experiences I hadn't mentioned before

Members don't see this ad.

I did write something in the optional essay, although of course no one can say if that mattered or not. I didn't write a "why Tufts" essay, but I wrote something about my life experiences I hadn't mentioned before

allright thanks a lot for the reply. I really dont know what to include for the an additional comments, i think i covered or at least touched on everything in my primary app. if they wanted a why tufts essay, i think they would've asked that, or am I wrong?

allright thanks a lot for the reply. I really dont know what to include for the an additional comments, i think i covered or at least touched on everything in my primary app. if they wanted a why tufts essay, i think they would've asked that, or am I wrong?

I received an invite and left the prompt blank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the interview invites start going out for the Tufts Maine Track program? Has anyone gotten an interview for it yet?

Does anyone know when the interview invites start going out for the Tufts Maine Track program? Has anyone gotten an interview for it yet?

They started a while ago.

Also, what about MD/MPH program? Are there any of those applicants on here? I would find myself lucky if I am the only one in that program :D

Does anyone know how Tufts feels about "in the area" emails/phone calls?

Maine Track interview invite!

I'm on my way
Home Sweet Home!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAZ60xA9wo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

mmk--- Congrats! I really like the Maine program and hoping for a shot. When were you complete?

mmk--- Congrats! I really like the Maine program and hoping for a shot. When were you complete?

Thanks! I was complete first week of August. The earliest interview dates offered at in Oct, for anyone whose curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
The secondary website is down for me. Le sigh. :(

Any other late applicants on the thread? Woot woot!

Congrats to all those with interviews!!!!

We're in the same boat! How late do you actually think we are?? I still have 12 more secondaries! 29 schools wasn't the best idea... Anyways, hopefully the sites back up tomorrow. Finishing up the diversity essay now. Goodluck to everyone at their interviews!

Yeaaaa, I am a late applicant as well. Was waiting for a new MCAT score, which went up 6 points. (SO HAPPY!) I completed the secondary on Friday (9-16), received the audit email today (9-19), and am now just patiently waiting.

This is one of my dreams schools. I live in a small suburb in the midwest, and lovveee big cities and would loveeee to live in Boston for grad school.

That auditing process stinks. They've had my LORs for ages. Blegh.

Just sent in an "in the area" email, will keep everyone posted on the success or lack there of. Figured since some people have been successful with this I might give it a shot, and being from CA this would be a huge help since these east coast trip are really expensive.

I sent an "in the area" email 29 Aug (complete 26 July) and got a response the next day:
"Thank you for your update message and for your interest in Tufts University School of Medicine."

No word since.

I too am a late applicant. Its all good. Just send it in.

does Tufts send out complete emails? When I check my application status on their applicant portal, it says I am complete, but I haven't received any notification

I received one. I completed the secondary around August 24th or so, and got a complete email on September 1st, if that helps.

does Tufts send out complete emails? When I check my application status on their applicant portal, it says I am complete, but I haven't received any notification

I received one. I completed the secondary around August 24th or so, and got a complete email on September 1st, if that helps.

jesus at first i thought you meant you got an interview invite already
i was so disappointed for a second

I was complete in mid July and don't recall receiving an email from Tufts about this. Anyone else who applied in July received a complete?

Should I apply to this school now or it's too late already? 3.64, 3.7 33M from CA. Thanks.

Yes, I got the complete email about a day after the audit email. Submitted in July, audit/complete first week of August.

3.84 GPA/35 MCAT

Submitted 8/5

Still waiting to hear back as well...

anyone know anything about the student hosting program??

I just emailed today about it but I was wondering if anyone has participated in it!

PS: Goodluck to everyone waiting on an interview email!

I'm very excited! I was complete 9/1.
Interview will be mid/late Nov sometime as I'm hoping to hear back from more east coast schools.

congrats! what are your stats? i was complete around the same time so i'm curious

Interview invite!
Can't wait to visit Boston =D!

i really hope they have more interview batches to send out...losing hope.

My stats are bit embarrassing: Low gpa (like really low but upward trend and from a top 5 institution depending on who you ask), my MCAT is avg (maybe even low for SDN) but this is my 3rd interview so I must have something going for me.

if you're super curious, you can PM me.

congrats! what are your stats? i was complete around the same time so i'm curious

if you lose hope, what else is seriously left? Seriously keep your head up and see my post above. I prolly shouldn't even be applying this cycle according to a lot of people but I've got a **** ton of hope!

i really hope they have more interview batches to send out...losing hope.

if you lose hope, what else is seriously left? Seriously keep your head up and see my post above. I prolly shouldn't even be applying this cycle according to a lot of people but I've got a **** ton of hope!

Definitely in the same boat as you - just because you have lower stats doesnt mean these schools are out of reach!

Congrats on the interview invites! Looks like they are finally interviewing people with more modest numbers so that is hopeful for the rest of us non-superstats students!

Just to give hope to others with "below average" stats.

cGPA about 3.1
sGPA about 3.6
MCAT 29Q

interviewing 10/18 !!

Good luck to everybody

Last edited:
Complete mid september, no love yet. :[

Last edited:
Interview invite this morning! Really excited to get some Boston love :)

Status
Not open for further replies.