2011-2012 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tufts almost sent out their first round of decisions this week! But then they caught their error! Gasp! So close!

Members don't see this ad.

Tufts almost sent out their first round of decisions this week! But then they caught their error! Gasp! So close!

Haha that first email totally freaked me out because I knew that acceptances went out after Oct 15 xD

does any one know if they are receptive to in the area emails? I will have an interview in boston on Jan 9th and wanted to send one...Is it too early? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
does any one know if they are receptive to in the area emails? I will have an interview in boston on Jan 9th and wanted to send one...Is it too early? Thanks

A few people have asked this already. Someone even sent one and got a response along the lines of....thank you for your interest in Tufts however we are still reviewing your application....

Hi, I was wondering if any current medical students or anybody else could tell me if Tufts offers any options for recording lectures. I know that some schools use a podcast system and others offer the abilty to sync lecture slides to recording software so that you can take notes on the slides and have them linked to audio of the lecture (U of Arizona does this).

Thx

Hi, I was wondering if any current medical students or anybody else could tell me if Tufts offers any options for recording lectures. I know that some schools use a podcast system and others offer the abilty to sync lecture slides to recording software so that you can take notes on the slides and have them linked to audio of the lecture (U of Arizona does this).

Thx

Audio recordings

Audio recordings

Nope, they have Video - audio too if you want. They have a system that shows the slide that is being discussed and switches when the lecturer goes to the next slide. Also, there is a screenshot of each slide on the left hand side so you can go straight to that slide and lecture portion if you want to move around. It is a nice system. Videos are up same day usually after each lecture.

Congratulations to all who have received interviews!

I am a third-year student at Tufts. If any of you have questions about interviews, Tufts, or living in Boston feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Congratulations to all who have received interviews!

I am a third-year student at Tufts. If any of you have questions about interviews, Tufts, or living in Boston feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Do they give out scholarships? Is it merit based? How do OOS pay for their tuition?

Thanks.

Is there any way to check the status of one's application on the secondary site?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's too late to apply to this school?

Tufts is a private school so IS/OOS makes no difference for tuition or financial aid.

Any new Maine Track invites lately?

Just got one also. Think I'm going to go Dec 2. Does anyone else know, will we also automatically interview at Tufts around the same time?
do u mind posting your stats?

Just got one also. Think I'm going to go Dec 2. Does anyone else know, will we also automatically interview at Tufts around the same time?

Based on past years, the interview invite/admissions process for the regular track is separate.

To anyone else who got a Maine Track interview - are you paranoid about the Doodle scheduler thing? I haven't received a confirmation email or any other sign that it actually worked.

When I scheduled my Maine Track interview through Doodle, it took a day to get an email confirming the date and time I had picked.

To anyone else who got a Maine Track interview - are you paranoid about the Doodle scheduler thing? I haven't received a confirmation email or any other sign that it actually worked.

Still waiting too - submitted my preferences Tuesday night (10/11).

Is there a separate Maine Track admissions office that coordinates invites, etc., or did everything come from the main Tufts admissions office?

Is there a separate Maine Track admissions office that coordinates invites, etc., or did everything come from the main Tufts admissions office?

The invite came from the Department of Medical Education at MMC.

It's my understanding that when you apply to Tufts regular track and Tufts Maine track, you are considered separately for both. Meaning, you can be invited to Maine to interview for MT and invited to Boston to interview for RT. You can be admitted to both.

Is anyone familiar with the multi-mini interview format, and how the interview day for Maine Track goes in general?

Do you guys think it's too late to apply to this school?

I was freaking out about being late with everything, but my PI had some good advice... you might be at a disadvantage, but as long as you make the deadlines you'll get a look. If you don't submit, you've got no shot, so if it's important to you, give it a go.

Pretty obvious advice, but funny thing is I didn't stop to think about it that way.

Man this waiting is tough... Has anyone heard from admissions about final decisions?

I would love to interview here. Has anyone had success with a "in the area" email this cycle? Thanks in advance.

Has anyone else who has gotten an offer to the Maine Track also gotten an interview yet for the MD regular track to Tufts?

Has anyone else who has gotten an offer to the Maine Track also gotten an interview yet for the MD regular track to Tufts?

I haven't - complete 8/31, Maine track II 10/11. Anybody else?

Just got the call!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

I'm in shock... i got a call. It's been such an arduous road. Good luck to everyone still in the run. The hard work will pay off.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! :thumbup: Must be an amazzzing feeling :)

To all those with II: I'm joining you! Woohoo!
MSTP II today. Complete email 10/3 for anyone wondering.

The interview email also mentioned a dinner with MSTP students the evening before, but I don't think I'll be able to make it because I'll be in MD at another interview until ~4:30. Don't really see a way around it, unless I can teleport. How much will this hurt me?

Hey did any of you guys get a notification of a rejection? I know that some people have received a call about being accepted and I haven't heard anything back yet, whether its acceptance or rejection? Do they call everyone on the same day or do they spread it out over a few days? Let me know.

From last year's thread, they spread out the phone calls over couple days.

I have been complete here since 8/31. Would it be out of line to call and see the status of my app?

complete same day as you. I often wonder this too. I hae tried calling them a couple of times, but there is no one to answer, but u might get lucky lol

I sorta skimmed the thread but does anyone know if there are student hosts for interviewers? I have a wee bit of time before my interview but I'm really trying to save money and I'm not opposed to bumming it if need be.

Yep! Email the admissions office and they'll send you a list. I was able to stay with one. Good luck on your interview!

I sorta skimmed the thread but does anyone know if there are student hosts for interviewers? I have a wee bit of time before my interview but I'm really trying to save money and I'm not opposed to bumming it if need be.

I have been complete here since 8/31. Would it be out of line to call and see the status of my app?

I've been complete since 9/8. No correspondence from them about anything. Any luck with some sort of update after calling?

Status
Not open for further replies.