2011-2012 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Invite!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 8/15. Idk when to expect an interview. Fingers crossed

I really hope to hear from these guys. I submitted in the middle of July. Interview please, RWJ! :luck:

Anybody having trouble submitting payment for the secondary? I've tried two different cards. I called admissions to see if they were aware of any issue, but the person on the phone said that she was not sure what was happening.

Anybody having trouble submitting payment for the secondary? I've tried two different cards. I called admissions to see if they were aware of any issue, but the person on the phone said that she was not sure what was happening.

If worst comes to worse, you can mail a check. That's what I did, and it was pretty promptly marked complete.

Yay I just got an interview invite from them! First one for me!

I submitted last week too. Got the "complete" email. Also IS. Lets see what happens

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh sorry, I forgot to put my stats Crass. ~3.6 and 36

Good luck! I hope you get an interview too! :)

I have been submitted since 7/18, however I still have not received a complete email (one of the only schools that has not gotten back to me). Has anyone else had this program?

If we get an interview, I'm assuming it's at the Piscataway campus? I always had this mentality that you interview at the campus in closest proximity to where you live...? Sorry if its a dumb question/comment!

I have been submitted since 7/18, however I still have not received a complete email (one of the only schools that has not gotten back to me). Has anyone else had this program?

You should probably contact them. I received a complete confirmation by e-mail the day after I submitted.

If we get an interview, I'm assuming it's at the Piscataway campus? I always had this mentality that you interview at the campus in closest proximity to where you live...? Sorry if its a dumb question/comment!

RWJMS is only a one-campus deal...what other campus would the interview be on? It's located in Piscataway on Rutgers' Busch campus. If you meant like...the other UMDNJ campuses...I believe the schools under the UMDNJ umbrella function more as separate entities rather than one school.

Last edited:
RWJMS is only a one-campus deal...what other campus would the interview be on? It's located in Piscataway on Rutgers' Busch campus. If you meant like...the other UMDNJ campuses...I believe the schools under the UMDNJ umbrella function more as separate entities rather than one school.

...allegedly there are Piscataway/New Brunswick and Camden RWJMS campuses...and in terms of the other UMDNJ campuses, they are indeed separate. I just needed a clarification.

...allegedly there are Piscataway/New Brunswick and Camden RWJMS campuses...and in terms of the other UMDNJ campuses, they are indeed separate. I just needed a clarification.

Apparently RJW is losing the Camden-Cooper Hospital site because of the future opening of Rowan's Cooper Medical School... RWJ's class size was reduced to accommodate this, so no, in a year or two, there will no longer be a Camden campus of RWJ...

Hey, I had the same problem. I called them and they had to manually update my file. I suggest you give them a call. They're really nice about it.

is the application fee link not working for anyone else? ???

yeah, it didnt work for me either. but the computer geek that I am, I kept on deleting parts of the hyperlink one at a time, until i got to this:
https://banweb.umdnj.edu:8100/DEVL/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage

that's what I'm about to try using. I donno if it'll work, or even if there's a chance i'm going to get charged the 80 bucks for nothing. but that's the best I can say, hope it helps

Hey guys... Out of curiosity, anyone know if there are interview dates prior to 10/28 for RWJ this cycle?

Also, how is everyone preparing for the MMI? It's hard to prepare like a regular interview because we only spend 6 minutes in each station actually talking to the interviwer... Anyone have successful preparation strategy?

Complete on 8/16
Nothing yet, but it has only been a little over 3 weeks, so it makes sense...

hey guys... Out of curiosity, anyone know if there are interview dates prior to 10/28 for rwj this cycle?

Also, how is everyone preparing for the mmi? It's hard to prepare like a regular interview because we only spend 6 minutes in each station actually talking to the interviwer... Anyone have successful preparation strategy?

+1

Hey guys... Out of curiosity, anyone know if there are interview dates prior to 10/28 for RWJ this cycle?

Also, how is everyone preparing for the MMI? It's hard to prepare like a regular interview because we only spend 6 minutes in each station actually talking to the interviwer... Anyone have successful preparation strategy?

Yes I have my interview this Monday! and I have no idea how I am going to prepare but i'm pretty sure it is alot of ethical questions

Yes I have my interview this Monday! and I have no idea how I am going to prepare but i'm pretty sure it is alot of ethical questions

Do you mind sharing when you were complete and when you received the II?

You've probably read this, but I'll share it anyway.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/2011/01/the-multiple-mini-interview-for-medical-school-admissions/

Look at the bright side, there is going to be much less application-specific questions than at other schools:thumbup: (because they have to ask the same questions to everyone in your group).

EDIT: Good luck and let us know how it goes! :)

Do you mind sharing when you were complete and when you received the II?

You've probably read this, but I'll share it anyway.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/2011/01/the-multiple-mini-interview-for-medical-school-admissions/

Look at the bright side, there is going to be much less application-specific questions than at other schools:thumbup: (because they have to ask the same questions to everyone in your group).

EDIT: Good luck and let us know how it goes! :)

I was complete July 18th and received my invite July 21st and thanks for the article I read that too I'm so nervous!!

Credit card payments have to do with which URL you logged into. If you logged into the PROD URL, you get the payment through no problem. If you went a sort of roundabout way of getting to the login, (I forget the server name) it wont' let you pay by credit card.

I could have it backwards, but you get the point. Get to the login with the most direct route and you should be fine. Look around the site and get to the login through random hyperlinks, then you probably end up with the secondary application that won't let you pay with a credit card.

Got my first interview invites this morning! RWJ is officially my first interview of the cycle yeeeey. :)

So they give a choice of four dates for the interview. Does anyone have any insight as to whether choosing an earlier date is better or worse than choosing a later one? Or does it pretty much not matter? I'd rather take the later ones, since I'll be going home for winter break anyways, and I wouldn't have to miss any classes but it feels weird "putting it off" later, if you know what I mean...

Oh, also is anyone else terrified about the MMI...? I read about how schools were starting to use that in the news, and I hoping that it would become more popular after I was done applying haha...

Last edited:
i dont think the timing of interview really matters. they don't give out acceptances until december, and the people i met at the school all interviewed between dec-feb

hahaha getting nervous...
complete since August 16,
Instate, 31R MCAT, 3.78 cGPA, 3.59sGPA...

no invite yet :S

Got the interview invite Sep 16, was complete Sep 14 (when Admissions received my check because the online payment didn't work).

IS applicant, 29S, 3.95 sGPA, 3.9 cGPA.

Extensive research, volunteering, employment in both science and non-science fields.

I am IS and have been complete since 8/18! >33 MCAT 4.0 GPA. What do you guys think? Havent heard anything yet

[posted in wrong thread]

My interview is tomorrow. I submitted first week of August, was complete August 3rd, received interview on August 4th.

Stats: ~3.9 ugrad, ~3.9 masters, 34 MCAT, also a reapplicant

still nothing hahaha
IS
31R/3.78c/3.59s
hoping my age isn't holding me back lol

Congratulations on those with interviews!! Hope they go well :D

For the "explain any grades below a B" question, does anyone know if we need to explain a B-? Or does "grades below a B" mean grades not in the B range (like C's and D's)?

You could call them if you want, but I think you should still explain the B- just in case. I heard they are understanding if you had a situation that affected your grades. If you write a sentence of two just to be safe, I seriously doubt that it will negatively impact you in any way (since you are not writing a paragraph or anything).

Hi! I just realized that I did not type in a response to the question regarding grades lower than a B. I still got an interview invite (it is tomorrow!), but I'm very worried that this will count against me. Any input?

Hi! I just realized that I did not type in a response to the question regarding grades lower than a B. I still got an interview invite (it is tomorrow!), but I'm very worried that this will count against me. Any input?
Yea, you have an interview. stop worrying.

I'm not sure if this will ease some people, but I looked at my complete email (just to make sure I did get one). It said that OOS students general have their interviews in the fall and early winter. Their interview season runs from September through February, so maybe they're looking more at their OOS applicants right now.

I never got a complete email, but I submitted June 21st, probably was complete in August, received an invite 9/28. I am in state btw.

Hey anyone here been complete for more than a month and has not heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.