2011-2012 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a specific day that they will start giving out acceptances or is it just any time in December?

Does anyone know if there is a specific day that they will start giving out acceptances or is it just any time in December?
They specifically emphasized that it will be late december

I hope it is before christmas !!

They specifically emphasized that it will be late december

I hope it is before christmas !!

I was told, both at the interview and in the follow up email, that decisions will be given out mid-December. I realize that this may be a case of semantics, but for our sake I hope I am right!

I was told, both at the interview and in the follow up email, that decisions will be given out mid-December. I realize that this may be a case of semantics, but for our sake I hope I am right!
hope it is mid-december..... (even my follow up email said mid-december)

someone told me that they had verified with admissions office later and they said late december..

Last edited:
just got a call this morning (~11AM) from terregino. she said emails will go out tomorrow, letters in the mail this week and an accepted students thing on the 17th(?)

!!!!!!!!!so excited RWJ is my top choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck everyone =D

just got a call this morning (~11AM) from terregino. she said emails will go out tomorrow, letters in the mail this week and an accepted students thing on the 17th(?)

!!!!!!!!!so excited RWJ is my top choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck everyone =D
congrats... when did you interview ?

so there is an accepted students gathering on 17th december ? is that what she said ?

are they going to call every single applicant they are accepting ? it can be a lot of calls... (not sure if you have info on this :))

I interviewed Sept 23rd

No it's in January and I think it's the 17th, but honestly I was so happy it was hard to pay attention and Terregino spent 80% of the call laughing.

I am assuming they're starting to call people today, a RWJ student from the interview process told me it's pretty objective and they essentially have numerical scores for each of the stations so they compare that and your written application score--so they probably have the first batch of acceptances ready to go...

It took them so long and I have finals to worry about but I can't think about anything else! Good luck and take it easy!

I interviewed Sept 23rd

No it's in January and I think it's the 17th, but honestly I was so happy it was hard to pay attention and Terregino spent 80% of the call laughing.

I am assuming they're starting to call people today, a RWJ student from the interview process told me it's pretty objective and they essentially have numerical scores for each of the stations so they compare that and your written application score--so they probably have the first batch of acceptances ready to go...

It took them so long and I have finals to worry about but I can't think about anything else! Good luck and take it easy!

I also got the call this morning! The accepted student event is January 13, I'm pretty sure. Congrats and good luck to all!

I interviewed Sept 23rd

Thanks for the info...

it is difficult to be patient (first for the mcat scores -> amcas -> secondary -> interview -> and then the "non-rolling" wait)

Good luck on your finals !!

Just got the call from terrengino, im in! top choice so im pretty happy about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all accepted! I am waiting to hear back post-interview and am wondering.. would those with acceptances mind sharing when you interviewed? Thanks, and good luck everyone!

Just got the call.. what a relief!! Interview was 11/22.

Look forward to meeting you guys January 13th.

I interviewed on october 28th and got the call this afternoon for those who asked

I interviewed on 9/23 and did not get my call until 4:40ish. So maybe it is not only by date of interview.

Well whatever order they're doing it in I doubt they're still doing it now, we'll have to wait until tomorrow for emails.

Do you think they called everyone yesterday or will more calls be going out today?

Hey guys, I interviewed 10/28 as well and still nothing. According to last year's thread they are calling people by alphabetical order. Just a thought, fingers are still crossed.

Hey guys, I interviewed 10/28 as well and still nothing. According to last year's thread they are calling people by alphabetical order. Just a thought, fingers are still crossed.
..then i think I was overlooked :(

interviewed on 10/28 as well

have they gotten to the P's yet??

..then i think I was overlooked :(

interviewed on 10/28 as well

Hey Everyone,

Emails have come. I got accepted . interviewed on 9/12/2011. I have not received a call yet though. The Email was sent out by Ms Kramer.

Has anyone ever heard of Robert Wood and NJMS communicating with each other and the fact that people usually get into only one of the two schools?

...seems like not many phone calls / emails have gone out today..

or... gone out to those who are not active on SDN

Has anyone ever heard of Robert Wood and NJMS communicating with each other and the fact that people usually get into only one of the two schools?

I know for a fact that this year someone was accepted in NJMS and got accepted in RWJMS yesterday.

I really doubt that...

my understanding was that these 2 schools often compete on multiple grounds and often applicants are asked "why one over the other" directly or indirectly during their interviews

also these schools recieve thousands of applications... and accept hundreds of applicants.. i really doubt whether they have that much time / motivation to discuss who is accepting who..

one thing i know for sure is.. that once a school accepts you.. all other schools that you have applied to can see that you were accepted and may be this has some effect ??

So I'm guessing no news is bad news. Well looking at 2010-2011, there seems to be another batch 1st week of january.

I interviewed 9/12, no phone call or e-mail but I called them today and they said "a decision has not been reached yet" so sometimes no word means no decision.

i think i spoke to Ms. Kramer who was very nice and didn't mind taking the time to look up my status so give that shot.

congrats to all taht got on, good luck to all waiting!!

I interviewed 9/12, no phone call or e-mail but I called them today and they said "a decision has not been reached yet" so sometimes no word means no decision.

i think i spoke to Ms. Kramer who was very nice and didn't mind taking the time to look up my status so give that shot.

congrats to all taht got on, good luck to all waiting!!
Thanks.. that gives some hope..

although i m not sure in which order are they reviewing and sending out acceptances... it doesnt look like it is alphabetical or by interview dates..

then what is it ?

also... today there was only 1 post for acceptance.. that is a bit strange... (or may be SDN was having issues with its server as many of you would have noticed)

I also have slight doubts about that one acceptance that was posted today. Could be legit, but I corresponded with Ms. Kramer today and she told me that she's been out of the office for about a month and that any decision inquiries should be directed to Cathy Porter. She wasn't even certain about when/if decisions had gone out...

So anyway, for people waiting, don't lose hope!

Sorry if this is offtopic, but I think I remember meeting you, neuroengineer, I recall someone from the 10/28 interview talking about neuroscience/neuroengineering research. Maybe that's you.

I also have slight doubts about that one acceptance that was posted today. Could be legit, but I corresponded with Ms. Kramer today and she told me that she's been out of the office for about a month and that any decision inquiries should be directed to Cathy Porter. She wasn't even certain about when/if decisions had gone out...

So anyway, for people waiting, don't lose hope!
That is a bit strange...may be she was out of office but was accessing her emails.. we all did get that "clarification" email from her not too long ago...may be someone from the admissions office sent out acceptances on her behalf..

did you talk to her over the phone or in person today ?

I am just a little surprised with the number of acceptances that went out today (based on the posts here which may or may not be the best indicator but whatever..)

please share any info here that you get from the admissions office.. I am a little concerned now

Sorry if this is offtopic, but I think I remember meeting you, neuroengineer, I recall someone from the 10/28 interview talking about neuroscience/neuroengineering research. Maybe that's you.
.. i was in group 3 on 10/28 (last group that started MMI around 4:45 pm) ..

i dont remember if i discussed my research with anyone that day... (may be i did.. not sure...)

i am very non-traditional.. so chances are you may remember me from my background rather than anything else.. but anyway.. will be happy to disclose anything relevant

.. i was in group 3 on 10/28 (last group that started MMI around 4:45 pm) ..

i dont remember if i discussed my research with anyone that day... (may be i did.. not sure...)

i am very non-traditional.. so chances are you may remember me from my background rather than anything else.. but anyway.. will be happy to disclose anything relevant

I got the call the two days ago as well. Acceptance. Interviewed 10/28. I'm sure these aren't the only acceptances being given out, so best of luck to everyone!

I got the call the two days ago as well. Acceptance. Interviewed 10/28. I'm sure these aren't the only acceptances being given out, so best of luck to everyone!

Apparently all phone calls went out on 14th December. So it is safe to assume that they would not have sent out acceptances for the 109 seats. Hopefully the second set of acceptances will go out before Jan 13th so that they will have a sizable students for accepted students breakfast.

Apparently all phone calls went out on 14th December. So it is safe to assume that they would not have sent out acceptances for the 109 seats. Hopefully the second set of acceptances will go out before Jan 13th so that they will have a sizable students for accepted students breakfast.
I believe that....

what is still not clear to me is the order in which they sent out acceptances / phone calls on the 14th..not alphabetical or by interview dates....

from an anxious applicant's perspective it is agonizing.. may be they have their own reasons and i understand how overwhelming could this be at their end...

anyway.. the wait continues !!

I think the next group of acceptances are probably going out sometime in january when the committee meets again.. i dont think it will be next week..
(my guess)

to those who are accepted - what time is the january 13th event ?

I think we find out the time in the packet thats coming in the mail. We should get a facebook group started

i interviewed on oct 28 and didnt hear back. and this is scaring me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.