2011-2012 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think that is it for today?

Members don't see this ad.

idk they should have given out quite a few letters! maybe there will be a wave at 5PM hopinggg

seems like no1 from october, december, or febraury has heard back. only people from november and january. LOL

Letter sent today, interviewed November 1st. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we certain that "letters sent" statuses are acceptances?

Just wondering if any of those who saw a status change today applied as disadvantaged? I am wondering if UCLA takes a little bit longer to get back to disadvantaged applicants since they are viewed separately. thanks!

No change yet! Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone getting letters!! :)

nothing here either, interviewed Jan. 24th. Seeing people that interviewed Jan. 12th, however, gives me little hope. hopefully we see a view more acceptances in the coming weeks, but tonight is going to be a Ben & Jerry's night lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm assuming 120 acceptances have been sent out today. Will new acceptances be from the wait list pool?

Nothing here. Oh well, if I expect any acceptance here I imagine it'll be a long grind on the waitlist.

Back to waiting.

Congratulations to those who had the status update change! I remember that magical morning almost exactly one year ago (you guys got lucky hearing back a week earlier than we did...). UCLA is an awesome place to study medicine and I hope that all of you who get in take a good look at it because it truly is the best medical school in one of the best areas in the country (nothing beats SoCal!).

For those of you who may not have been in the first wave, don't give up! A vast number of our first year class were not in the initial acceptance wave, and a good amount didn't hear back until after May 15th.

If any of you have any questions regarding UCLA medical school (curriculum, student life, los angeles, housing, etc.) feel free to PM me.

Congratulations again, and hope to see you around CHS next year! Go Bruins!

Late Jan, no change. Pretty bummed, UCLA is definitely one of my top choices.

Last edited:
12/15 no change. Slowly loosing hope of getting accepted into a California school. UCLA is my last chance or OOS here I come

Letter sent, interviewed early Feb! I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad sign, I didn't feel like I crushed my interview or anything. . . and so late!

So I was just checking out last year's thread and I also seem to recall from earlier in this thread that they will make up to 240 acceptances by March 31. This does not mean that we will be dragged out until July or August. After March 31, the chances do seem to decrease tremendously although there is a trickle. I think this was just the very first batch... lets all hold our horses, caballeros.

Edit:

I think the best way to find out when *most* of the 240 or 250 acceptances will be given, is to determine when 2nd look is. It would make most sense to have maximal attendance... if it's mid April, this would flow with the logic that most acceptances are given by the end of March to give reasonable time for scheduling flights and other logistics.

Last edited:
So I was just checking out last year's thread and I also seem to recall from earlier in this thread that they will make up to 240 acceptances by March 31. This does not mean that we will be dragged out until July or August. After March 31, the chances do seem to decrease tremendously although there is a trickle. I think this was just the very first batch... lets all hold our horses, caballeros.

Edit:

I think the best way to find out when *most* of the 240 or 250 acceptances will be given, is to determine when 2nd look is. It would make most sense to have maximal attendance... if it's mid April, this would flow with the logic that most acceptances are given by the end of March to give reasonable time for scheduling flights and other logistics.

I'd say the majority of our class didn't make it to 2nd look. Not sure if they decided to skip it or if they weren't accepted in time. Anyways, congrats/good luck to alls of yous! PM me (or bruinmarcher) if you got ???s

interviewed 2/22 oos with a letter sent! does this really mean an acceptance?

Have you guys been getting an email with status change or simply just checking your status?

My status says transcripts are requested but no decision letter sent. Am i suppose to send those in now or after acceptance?

I don't think anyone has seen that show up yet... we're going off of information from previous application years where having your status marked as final decision letter sent = acceptance at this point. I don't think they mail out post-interview rejections until much later.

I see, I thought it showed up for accepted students last year. They're probably doing something different this year.

I see, I thought it showed up for accepted students last year. They're probably doing something different this year.

Would be hilarious if all of us with "Letter sent" have been rejected and everyone is else waitlisted until forever.

Didn't someone say at least half of the class is accepted by March 15th? So shouldn't 75-80 acceptances go out today?

I seem to remember the Dean saying that the equivalent of the first year class will be accepted by March 30th. After that, people will have to move from the waitlist. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

ok here's the million dollar question:
Have any UCLA students, former or current, seen the status change yet?

Ok, so it's after office hours, so I think it's fair to post this.

I called earlier when I saw my status change to "final decision letter sent".

I asked them if any letters had been sent with any decision other than acceptance.
They said No.

So I asked if that means those receiving letters now are accepted. They said yes.

I would have posted sooner, but they asked me not to publish this info for fear of being inundated with calls.

Now you know. A letter sent equals an acceptance at this point. I have no extra information.

Hopefully, I'll be seeing plenty of you folks this Fall.... in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!

Interviewed late Jan, OOS, and no status change.

Anyone know where we should send letters of interest to?

I Interviewed in October but I wasn't in the first wave of acceptances. :) (yet)

Here are my thoughts:

Congratulations
I am so happy for everyone who got an acceptance letter/status update. It must be such a great feeling. You guys give me hope that the UCLA machine is now fully greased and operational. Hope we can all share in that joy in the coming days and weeks.

Hope
Now, as I have looked at the small sample size of acceptances at mdapplicants.com, it has become obvious to me that a good number of the acceptances in the first wave (yesterday) have such a stellar application that they have other fantastic acceptances or full tuition scholarships at very very wonderful schools already.
Examples:
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=22228
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=22617
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=23098
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=24173

Hence, there is BOUND to be a lot/or a good amount of movement on the waitlist even after "March 30th." I am not implying that all these people will choose not to attend UCLA, but they have very very remarkable options :)

At any rate, for those still waiting for acceptances keep your heads high and your smile bright. You are closer to getting in to UCLA than you are currently giving yourself credit for!

Love.

I Interviewed in October but I wasn't in the first wave of acceptances. :) (yet)

Here are my thoughts:

Congratulations
I am so happy for everyone who got an acceptance letter/status update. It must be such a great feeling. You guys give me hope that the UCLA machine is now fully greased and operational. Hope we can all share in that joy in the coming days and weeks.

Hope
Now, as I have looked at the small sample size of acceptances at mdapplicants.com, it has become obvious to me that a good number of the acceptances in the first wave (yesterday) have such a stellar application that they have other fantastic acceptances or full tuition scholarships at very very wonderful schools already.
Examples:
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=22228
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=22617
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=23098
http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=24173

Hence, there is BOUND to be a lot/or a good amount of movement on the waitlist even after "March 30th." I am not implying that all these people will choose not to attend UCLA, but they have very very remarkable options :)

At any rate, for those still waiting for acceptances keep your heads high and your smile bright. You are closer to getting in to UCLA than you are currently giving yourself credit for!

Love.
I'm hoping you are right!

I'm hoping you are right!

Word. I absolutely, absolutely do not mean to be condescending at all, but my family and I have moved a lot closer to making a decision in the past few days, so it looks like I will be declining my spot at UCLA. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Word. I absolutely, absolutely do not mean to be condescending at all, but my family and I have moved a lot closer to making a decision in the past few days, so it looks like I will be declining my spot at UCLA. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
If you don't mind me asking, what schools have you narrowed it down to?

Btw, congrats on all your amazing acceptances!

Will there be another wave of acceptances this month?

I'm hoping so. If what others were saying about 120+ acceptances by March 30th are true, then maybe they haven't sent out all 120 yet. I'm probably going to call on Monday.

If you don't mind me asking, what schools have you narrowed it down to?

Btw, congrats on all your amazing acceptances!

Thank you.. between JHU and UCSF at the moment. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.