2011-2012 University of California - Los Angeles Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't the last round of "letter sent" updates on a Friday? or was it a Monday? I think a good hint to a change in status is when the status update site goes down, has it been down today? I really cannot tell as I have vowed not to look at the status page again, I will just sit and wait for a letter in the mail with either good or bad news.

I think it's quite the opposite. In the past when the status page has been down it really hasn't meant a single thing. The last batch of acceptances was sent out two friday's ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Then I am keeping my fingers crossed as this is the last Friday before the 30th.

i think it's quite the opposite. In the past when the status page has been down it really hasn't meant a single thing. The last batch of acceptances was sent out two friday's ago.

qft

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed it is but UCLA ain't gonna release the next wave until as late as possible because it's UCLA. Friday at the latest!

Indeed it is but UCLA ain't gonna release the next wave until as late as possible because it's UCLA. Friday at the latest!
I wonder how different UCLA's admissions committee procedure is than other med school adcoms. Last time I talked to them, they said they meet every day during the week. I wonder what makes it take longer than usual. Maybe they are just more thorough about each applicant..or they are indecisive...or they have to debate competitively over every acceptance! :) What I would give to sit in one of their meetings! lol

It is interesting how activity on this thread tends to oscillate;

• many days before results release: high
  • few days before results release: very low
  • few days after results release: very high
  • many days after results release: high
:D

another round definitely went out...good luck to all!

btw, so second look is just a day? sorry if I missed something, but are there student hosts or is hotel our best bet?

another round definitely went out...good luck to all!

btw, so second look is just a day? sorry if I missed something, but are there student hosts or is hotel our best bet?
How do you know that another round of acceptances went out today? Did they go out this afternoon?

How do you know that another round of acceptances went out today? Did they go out this afternoon?

From my last conversation with the admissions office, we should expect another wave this week. I'm still not sure what day, but I'm betting money it'll be Friday. That way, the office won't be bombarded with phone calls during the week.

There are 23 people staring at this thread in terror/confusion/disappointment. :hello:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys, my name is jeff and im a 1st year at UCLA. this has absolutely nothing to do with admissions stuff, but i thought it would be a nice distraction from the soul-consuming, anxious SDN prowling (I was in your exact same position last year). im the president of the a cappella group here, and i just wanted to share a video we recorded after rehearsal today (im the soloist at the end). theres got to be some acappella nerds out there, and i hope youll join us in the fall!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of4MuSOkIzs&feature=youtu.be

hi guys, my name is jeff and im a 1st year at UCLA. this has absolutely nothing to do with admissions stuff, but i thought it would be a nice distraction from the soul-consuming, anxious SDN prowling (I was in your exact same position last year). im the president of the a cappella group here, and i just wanted to share a video we recorded after rehearsal today (im the soloist at the end). theres got to be some acappella nerds out there, and i hope youll join us in the fall!

thank you very much, the day i am accepted i will definitely click your link :D
lol

Good Stuff! I'm very impressed!!

Does anyone know if UCLA did in fact send out more acceptances today?:confused:

Does anyone know if UCLA did in fact send out more acceptances today?:confused:

I think that either the person who said that is trolling (they only posted once), or if this person is telling the truth, they probably sent very few acceptances out last friday.

Last edited:

Very nice song. However, I'm a bit disappointed with the diversity of the group. Definitely, not enough asians. :D

When were the last acceptances sent out? Anyone hear anything positive or negative recently?

lol guys, i'm just as anxious as you all, but let's take a deep breathe. that post was OBVIOUSLY a troll, continuing the typical trolling that the UCLA thread attracts. There has only been one round of acceptances so far, and there will be another one this week because they have to send out 120 by friday. READ: this means they will be sent out on friday, probably around 4pm, because its UCLA lol. if there really was another round, i think more than 1 person would have announced it, and been a little more excited about it.

anyway, i wish us all the best of luck and hopefully we do hear before friday, but i'm not getting my hopes up. try to enjoy the spring weather and relax a bit. besides, if you don't get in by this friday, there is still like 120 more to go out over the next 2 months....

lol guys, i'm just as anxious as you all, but let's take a deep breathe. that post was OBVIOUSLY a troll, continuing the typical trolling that the UCLA thread attracts. There has only been one round of acceptances so far, and there will be another one this week because they have to send out 120 by friday. READ: this means they will be sent out on friday, probably around 4pm, because its UCLA lol. if there really was another round, i think more than 1 person would have announced it, and been a little more excited about it.

anyway, i wish us all the best of luck and hopefully we do hear before friday, but i'm not getting my hopes up. try to enjoy the spring weather and relax a bit. besides, if you don't get in by this friday, there is still like 120 more to go out over the next 2 months....

One more thing, after march 30th, the next notifications wont go out til mid-late may

Does anyone know the dates for the first day of orientations and the first day of school?

This Friday is Cesar Chavez day and is a university holiday. Are you sure they will release acceptances on Friday?

This Friday is Cesar Chavez day and is a university holiday. Are you sure they will release acceptances on Friday?

The AAMC mandated deadline is March 30th, if UCLA chooses to follow the deadline, then at the very least, 120 acceptances will have been released by the end of March. So really, you can interpret that in only a couple of ways.

So it'll be either tomorrow or Friday if they forgo the university holiday. And why 120? Aren't there 180 students in each class?

So it'll be either tomorrow or Friday if they forgo the university holiday. And why 120? Aren't there 180 students in each class?

There are 121 students in the regular MD program. And it could easily be in april or may if DGSOM decides not to follow AAMC rules (and all of this is assuming they havent already sent 121 acceptances).

I called monday and the english guy said they'd be sending out this week. I didn't see anyone post they got an acceptance this week so I guess it'll be thursday or friday. I don't want to call them again because they probably know me by now.

I called monday and the english guy said they'd be sending out this week. I didn't see anyone post they got an acceptance this week so I guess it'll be thursday or friday. I don't want to call them again because they probably know me by now.

I think it'll be tomorrow:xf:

I paid them a visit last week and they told me more letters will be released this week to meet the 121 first acceptances.

All we can do is wait :)

I think it'll be tomorrow:xf:

I paid them a visit last week and they told me more letters will be released this week to meet the 121 first acceptances.

All we can do is wait :)

What im wondering is around how many have been released. Someone said its obviously less than 121, but i wonder the exact number. Im guessing like 80 have been sent out based on mdapps....

What im wondering is around how many have been released. Someone said its obviously less than 121, but i wonder the exact number. Im guessing like 80 have been sent out based on mdapps....

I was hoping that they'd slip up and tell me the number, but they're too clever :D

All they told me is that a good amount (out 121) has been admitted. 80 seems about right, although I am hoping that less were admitted:D

Agreed! Now, I won't to drive through gas stations and shopping plazas now to make a right turn on red :laugh:

If your post is advocating "Blues Brothers" scale mayhem, I approve. :)

Accepted...the fact that this is a long and agonizing process. :smuggrin:

I have a feeling this isn't happening today :/

Status
Not open for further replies.