2011-2012 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my number one choice! (I'm from Cincinnati). I really wanted to apply early decision but since they don't publish minimum requirements (at least what I could find) I figured I should play it safe and apply broadly.

Is anybody applying here with a sub-30 MCAT? If so, what does the rest of your app look like?

Is anybody applying here with a sub-30 MCAT? If so, what does the rest of your app look like?

I am retaking my MCAT in July. You can find my stats and app details in the MD Applicant profile! cincinnati is where I was when I graduated from HS. Being a state student, hoping to get some love!

Does anyone know if UC screens for the secondary application or if everyone receives one?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my second time around applying to UC, last year I submitted the secondary on 10-18 so I hope submitting it today should give me a leg up on last year haha.

Super lame that I had to list my speeding ticket from two years ago on this application.

yeah, same here, keep getting an error when i click the link in the email

maybe the site can't handle us all doing it at once haha...oh wellz i emailed the adcom anyways just to inform them

So I know that I'm not alone, did anyone else list traffic tickets?

just called the Admissions Office, and they didn't realize their website was down. They were getting in touch with IT services when I hung up with them.

Verifiefd 6/29
Secondary Invite 6/30

So I know that I'm not alone, did anyone else list traffic tickets?

I did. It was way back in high school, so I don't even think it is still on my record, but they said ever, so figured it was better to disclose than to just pray they can't see it!

Got mine today as well! I had a speeding ticket before I turned 18 and I totally forgot to add it on the secondary app...hope it doesn't come back on the CBC!

any other PSTP applicants? why is the MD/PhD page so troublesome? why is the application asking us to re-enter in publications, research experiences, and to write another research summary essay? can i just copy and paste my 10k limit one from my primary............ i'm also tempted to write "refer to AMCAS primary" for research experiences/pubs.

Got mine today as well! I had a speeding ticket before I turned 18 and I totally forgot to add it on the secondary app...hope it doesn't come back on the CBC!

It wouldn't hurt to just email admissions about your oversight.

any other PSTP applicants? why is the MD/PhD page so troublesome? why is the application asking us to re-enter in publications, research experiences, and to write another research summary essay? can i just copy and paste my 10k limit one from my primary............ i'm also tempted to write "refer to AMCAS primary" for research experiences/pubs.

Same here. I emailed them, but haven't gotten a response regarding whether or not to paste our MD/PhD statement and Research essay into their essay questions. There is nothing different in their prompts, so I would think we could pretty much just copy and paste?

Received and submitted! Had to mention my 3 speeding tickets :oops:. Forgive me for being enthusiastic about being on time to work.

Is anyone actually marked as complete? I'm still incomplete even though my letters are in AMCAS.

Is anyone actually marked as complete? I'm still incomplete even though my letters are in AMCAS.

Yeah, my letters should be in through AMCAS as well. Do you know how long it takes for them to each to the adcoms?

Yeah, my letters should be in through AMCAS as well. Do you know how long it takes for them to each to the adcoms?

It just depends on when the school goes in and downloads them. I wanted to make sure with people that no one was actually marked complete after they submitted.

For the moving violations, are you guys simply listing them or explaining the circumstances?

Very nice Secondary. If only they all were that concise...

Does anyone know if we should click "submit" even if our letters aren't in yet...?

Also, they sent me Secondary w/o verification. Just submitted AMCAS yesterday.

Very nice Secondary. If only they all were that concise...

Does anyone know if we should click "submit" even if our letters aren't in yet...?

I called and that seems fine. They said they pretty much they only have a secondary so that they have something on file at the university for each person. Letters will just be updated on the site when they process it.

Did anyone else try to do the secondary, but upon clicking on "Program Selection" drop box, nothing came up?

do cincy and all other med schools review applications based on date sent or based on higher stats?

citrusguy u didn't exactlly answer the question haha? they view based on better stats first or date received?

Also, they sent me Secondary w/o verification. Just submitted AMCAS yesterday.

I've been verified for weeks and still no secondary. At least I know it's because I didn't get screened out...they don't' screen!:D

Did anyone else try to do the secondary, but upon clicking on "Program Selection" drop box, nothing came up?

This is happening to me as well. I think it might be a internet browser issue, but I don't know for sure. I've tried with Safari and Firefox and neither have worked. I'm gonna try IE tomorrow. If it still isn't working, then I may just contact them.

I called and that seems fine. They said they pretty much they only have a secondary so that they have something on file at the university for each person. Letters will just be updated on the site when they process it.

That's good info- probably explains why I am not complete at the moment. Thanks!

Complete! However, I have a deceased parent and entered N/A for the contact address/phone number. Don't know if that will hold things up at all. Strange they were all required fields...

Complete! However, I have a deceased parent and entered N/A for the contact address/phone number. Don't know if that will hold things up at all. Strange they were all required fields...

Same here. It felt weird...

I'm having the same issue. How did you get it to save the information? It's showing N/A as unacceptable for the phone number, so it won't save for me.

Hey,
Got secondary but Im having problems with the form, on page 1, it keeps putting me down at Cuban, no matter how many times. I try to change it :scared:. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.