2011-2012 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, did they say what the acceptance situation is? I know that they mentioned that 15 people were accepted in that first batch. Did they say how many have been accepted up to this point or when the next batch is?

I wanna know too

I interviewed this past Monday, and I believe they said that they would be sending some out next week. They didn't mention number of acceptances at all though (besides the overall interviewed/accepted for the whole season [last year]).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
going a little stir crazy............ i really don't wanna wait until March :/

Awesome. Thanks so much. Love beer, so you've given me great suggestions! Ill definitely pm you closer to the date...yikes only two weeks away!

Love beer? Falling Rock Tap House on Blake. 90 rotating beers on tap and hundreds more in bottles. The bartenders have great taste, tell them what you like and they'll bring you 5 or 6 samples of what they recommend.

If I get accepted here, I'm withdrawing from 12 other schools.

same here, i am so ready to withdraw from all other schools and finish this waiting game!!!
i love this school, just hope this school returns the same sentiment!!!

If I were to create a facebook group for those accepted to Colorado, how would I go about doing that? Is it necessary to actually restrict access to those who have actually gained admission, and if so, how would I determine who was legit?

Members don't see this ad :)
today should be the day right?

I don't know about today, but likely sometime this week.

Anyways, I loved everything I saw at my interview and could not be more anxious for some post-interview news. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

I don't know about today, but likely sometime this week.

Anyways, I loved everything I saw at my interview and could not be more anxious for some post-interview news. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

+1. I interviewed two weeks ago, and would LOVE to hear back (positively :))

I know b/c I asked...and that's the only question I asked...so I have no more info.

Consider it good news.

hmm, i thought it was 25-30 per month starting in OCT....:xf:

Only about 25 acceptances have been sent out to date (for those who are interested).
That's definitely good news, guess that means there's still plenty of spots and I'm not necessarily low on the list. Wish they'd start letting more of us know though - not much of a rolling admissions

That's definitely good news, guess that means there's still plenty of spots and I'm not necessarily low on the list. Wish they'd start letting more of us know though - not much of a rolling admissions
Fully agree with the not rolling part

Hi, I applied in late September but I still have not heard back anything in terms of an interview invite. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

IS, MCAT 33, 3.5 GPA, Non-trad

wow... i just got that email frmo colorado "explaining their review process". my heart almost died when i first saw it (hoping for an II), and then i read the content of the email. ;______;

wow... i just got that email frmo colorado "explaining their review process". my heart almost died when i first saw it (hoping for an II), and then i read the content of the email. ;______;

Haha me too. Totally let down especially since it was from an actual person.

Hi, I applied in late September but I still have not heard back anything in terms of an interview invite. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

IS, MCAT 33, 3.5 GPA, Non-trad

Very similar numbers, but OOS. . . applied late August. . . same boat

Haha me too. Totally let down especially since it was from an actual person.

+1 :laugh:

does this mean they have reviewed my app? (I didnt submit my secondary until mid october) or did everyone get this thats still part of the review process?

This

Same boat here too. 33, 3.7, IS, non-trad. Almost crashed the car today too when I saw the update email (before I knew it was just an update email). Can't wait to get some good news!

Same boat here too. 33, 3.7, IS, non-trad. Almost crashed the car today too when I saw the update email (before I knew it was just an update email). Can't wait to get some good news!

Yeah- my heart nearly stopped too. Even though I say Emory is my choice (and I have interviewed there) I secretly would rather go to Colorado over any other school... being out of state slims my chances to a zero, but here's to hoping!

I can't be the only one who glances at their phone every time it buzzes with a new email. I have become quite a ninja as I have been constantly checking for adcom emails since August. The problem is when they are actually from an adcom-all ninja training goes right out the window

I can't be the only one who glances at their phone every time it buzzes with a new email. I have become quite a ninja as I have been constantly checking for adcom emails since August. The problem is when they are actually from an adcom-all ninja training goes right out the window
This

i just got that email frmo colorado "explaining their review process".

Could someone post the email? I'd love to hear about the "review process".

Could someone post the email? I'd love to hear about the "review process".

Greetings!

Thank you for your Secondary Application to the University of Colorado School of Medicine. We are delighted by your interest! In an effort to increase our communication with our applicants we are writing today to tell you more about the application review process and admissions season. For some of you this might be a repeat message, but we feel that it is important to continue communicating it.

We opened the Secondary Application in early August and our Admissions Committee has been reviewing candidates since then. They will continue reviewing applications through February. If you are not selected to interview the first time your application is reviewed we will continue to review your application until the end of the season to give it every possible chance for consideration.

We employ a holistic review process which means every part of every application is reviewed in its entirety before any decisions are rendered. We also review applications on a rolling basis allowing the Committee to see applicants several times through the course of the season as mentioned above. Interviews began in late September and will run through the end of February and all applicants will receive a decision on their application by March 30, 2012.

All of this takes time and we greatly appreciate your patience. If you have questions throughout the season about the application process please do not hesitate in contacting us. We would be glad to assist you.

Warm Regards,

Dimple A. Patel M.S.
Director, Office of Admissions

it was highly deceptive with that intro too:

"Greetings!

Thank you for your Secondary Application to the University of Colorado School of Medicine. We are delighted by your interest!"

everytime i check my email, which is every 30 mins, i check this forum right after.
my heart skip abit when this thread is updated since the last time i checked, in the chance that i have been left out of this round of acceptance...

i am in dilemma, i interviewed a DO school couple of days ago and they let you know their decision in 2 days, dec1. problem is if accepted i have to respond within 2 weeks with $2000 deposit.

i guess u of colorado spoiled me, b/c i would have been thrilled to have an interview & attend, but after seeing U of colorado, i don't want to go anywhere else!!!

i can't believe i am dreading their acceptance, i mean my stat is not great, it would be rash to give away acceptance, but i know i wouldn't be happy there anymore...

just hope i can get an acceptance here, sooner than later~~

everytime i check my email, which is every 30 mins, i check this forum right after.
my heart skip abit when this thread is updated since the last time i checked, in the chance that i have been left out of this round of acceptance...

i am in dilemma, i interviewed a DO school couple of days ago and they let you know their decision in 2 days, dec1. problem is if accepted i have to respond within 2 weeks with $2000 deposit.

i guess u of colorado spoiled me, b/c i would have been thrilled to have an interview & attend, but after seeing U of colorado, i don't want to go anywhere else!!!

i can't believe i am dreading their acceptance, i mean my stat is not great, it would be rash to give away acceptance, but i know i wouldn't be happy there anymore...

just hope i can get an acceptance here, sooner than later~~

Most M.D. Schools will refund your deposit if you withdraw and request the refund before a certain date (usually sometime in April or May depending on their start date).

On another note, $2000 DEPOSIT!?!? That is absurd!

yes, its a DO School, $2000 deposit is non-refundable,
i mean, i definately want to hold my spot, in case i don't get into this school (really hope not), but $2000 is alot of money, i don't have that much money in hand, ill have to borrow,

so, colorado acceptance better come fast, lol.

anyway, i hope we all hear good news...

Is that $2000 non-refundable? Sounds like some Rocky Vista crap to me.

Rocky Vista has $250 due December 15th, $750 due January 13th, and $1000 due in May 1st, so it isn't them.

I interviewed at CU and the MS1 who gave my tour interviewed in January and was accepted in March so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting an II yet. Dr. Winn also said that they accept most people at the end of March and about half of the interviewed people get accepted. Based on this, they seem to space out II's and acceptances pretty evenly so I think a late interview at CU is more hopeful than a later interview at most schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.