2011-2012 University of Minnesota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually up to 50 now with the last update from the hotline on 6/7. I need just a little bit more movement to get in and this wait is killing me! This would be my only acceptance and would be thrilled to be able to go to school at my top choice in my home state!

Members don't see this ad.

This may be kind of random but is there a Facebook page for the med class yet? I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know how far down the waitlist U of M went last year? As of today: #53

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how far down the waitlist U of M went last year? As of today: #53

In the 2010-2011 minnesota thread, somebody had mentioned they last checked mid july last year and the waitlist was at 71. I had a co-worker last year who was in the high 70's and got accepted just before orientation. Hopefully we can expect more movement, although at a slower rate. I need 10 more spots, and now the list is just slowly creeping. Very painful calling the hotline all the time. Are you getting close as well doctortobe?

15 spots away from acceptance, ugh. Can anyone predict whether this year will be similar to last year or can we see a difference in movement? I'm debating whether to sign a lease out of state for a master's program.

So the waitlist is now up to number 56 as the new number one. It's only moving approximately one spot per week and unless there's some sort of miracle, it looks like I'll fall just short as I'm now 10 spots away (sigh). Looks like it's time to look forward to some better luck in the 2012-2013 cycle, such a shame.

Just dropped my U of M acceptance today via email because I got an acceptance from another school. I was starting to give up on this other school and was very surprised by the late acceptance. I would say don't give up on the U yet, especially if youre only about 10 spots away - that's so close!!

Just dropped my U of M acceptance today via email because I got an acceptance from another school. I was starting to give up on this other school and was very surprised by the late acceptance. I would say don't give up on the U yet, especially if youre only about 10 spots away - that's so close!!

Words can't express how much I am thankful for this! It looks like from your other posts you got into Einstein? Congratulations! I am wondering if they updated the hotline today and included your withdraw, or if they still have not processed that yet and I am one spot closer when they update it again. Either way every spot helps for me from now on but I still find it very iffy that it will move 9 more spots. Here's to hoping some people are not dead set on the U of M or that the few on the waitlist ahead of me have other acceptances and will withdraw! :xf:

Hi everyone,

Where can I find information about medical fraternity housing? Thanks tons!

Status
Not open for further replies.