2011-2012 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they already asking for sizes? I didn't receive anything... Is it in that stack of paperwork we have to fill out before August?

Yes, but the white coat size form is due July 2 or something, so don't slack. Not all the forms are due July 27, some are due earlier.

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew from USC. It was a very difficult decision for me. I hope one of you waitlisters gets my spot soon.

Just got accepted off the waitlist today!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why thank you!

Congrats on your acceptance off the waitlist! :D Would you consider sharing your stats and brief list of ECs? Also, did you send any updates or letters? Thank you so much! I'd love to get off USC's waitlist!

I literally just withdrew my place. I hope it goes to one of you. It was a REALLY hard decision because I loved Keck (and would have loved to have had the Southern California weather!).

Good luck!

Anyone heard from the waitlist?????????

Don't want to give up hope yet but it is getting difficult :luck:

I don't know of a link but I received a PDF of it via e-mail from Katie Lewis

Does anyone have info on residence housing at the USC health science campus? I called the admissions office who referred me to the school website but I couldn't find this information.
I'm still on the waiting list, but figured I should look into this now in case I'm accepted close to orientation week, and coming from the Midwest, it would be hard to go apartment hunting on short notice.

can any of the current keck students offer insight into the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist this late? is it time to give up hope? i have heard rumors people do get in during orientation week...but is this actually true?

i need to start making deposits on apartments and buying furniture in PA...so i just hope i'm not waiting for nothing...

Been a long-time lurker on the forums here but just wanted to let you know that I just got the call from Dr. Arias today with an offer of admission! The waitlist is definitely moving slower than previous years but it's still moving!

Been a long-time lurker on the forums here but just wanted to let you know that I just got the call from Dr. Arias today with an offer of admission! The waitlist is definitely moving slower than previous years but it's still moving!

Congratulations!! That is awesome.

Mind sharing your stats?? Did you find out any more information regarding waitlist size/movement?

Congratulations!! That is awesome.

Mind sharing your stats?? Did you find out any more information regarding waitlist size/movement?

My stats are pretty much in line with what USC has posted up on its website: 3.6/34S. Only thing I got was that the waitlist is moving much slower this year than previous years. But it is definitely still moving. There was someone accepted the day before I got my call for what its worth.

Last edited:
can any of the current keck students offer insight into the likelihood of being accepted off the waitlist this late? is it time to give up hope? i have heard rumors people do get in during orientation week...but is this actually true?

i need to start making deposits on apartments and buying furniture in PA...so i just hope i'm not waiting for nothing...

There are usually one or two people who get in at the last minute, but that would be within days of school starting not during orientation. I know one student who was admitted the Friday before we started. I have never heard of anybody being admitted after school started.

If you want to go here so badly you would change all your plans up to the day before classes, it's not inappropriate to let them know in an update letter. The worst that can happen is they discard it.

does anyone know if/when usc sends out denial letters for people on the waitlist? has anyone who was waitlisted been denied yet?

Just to let everyone here know: two days ago, Dr. Arias called to offer me an acceptance off the waitlist. It was a terribly difficult decision, but I ended up declining their acceptance offer in favor of my state school--they'd offered me a spot off their own waitlist about six weeks ago. It was heartbreaking, because I've loved Keck for years, but I couldn't justify moving away from my family and friends here at home last minute, plus an extra $100,000 in debt. The good news is that there is still one spot available! I certainly hope it goes to one of you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.