2011-2012 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only reason there are more IS students here is because they choose to go here.. while OOSer will let go of the acceptance if they multiple options. In the big picture, OOSers still get a decent amount of seats. (80)

Wake also interviews a much greater proportion of IS applicants

Members don't see this ad.

Sigh...under review...
:xf: for a change of status tomorrow--a good change of status, not a "pre-screened out" change of status. :laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My status just changed to

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail.* Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

Will post essay questions when I receive the secondary. Good luck to everyone.

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail.* Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

Will post essay questions when I receive the secondary. Good luck to everyone.

should i be worried about being screened out if i got the email with the first round of people and haven't heard anything yet?

I think the only reason there are more IS students here is because they choose to go here.. while OOSer will let go of the acceptance if they multiple options. In the big picture, OOSers still get a decent amount of seats. (80)

I think it's the other way around, more IS students get accepted but ultimately will pick UNC over Wake and/or ECU.

though I'd pick Wake over ECU

I think it's the other way around, more IS students get accepted but ultimately will pick UNC over Wake and/or ECU.

though I'd pick Wake over ECU

I think both arguments are valid. I'm just happy I passed the screen :).

ugh still under review....i hate this waiting process and its just for prescreens...gonna be a long waiting game

Wow, people really do apply early. When did you all submit your primaries?

I just checked back in my email inbox from last year. AMCAS submitted beginning of August, verified early September, secondaries not submitted until end of September... lol.

I just checked back in my email inbox from last year. AMCAS submitted beginning of August, verified early September, secondaries not submitted until end of September... lol.

:laugh:. I submitted my primary 6/1 in the AM, verified 6/2 in the PM.

man that makes me feel good, because I don't plan on submitting until August :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary is on your way status. Since someone asked earlier for stats MCAT 29S (balanced) GPA 3.86 sGPA 3.86
Took MCAT 3 years removed from taking any of the pre-req. and still have to take Organic Chemistry yet. Currently working as a high school biology teacher (my degree is in Education). Have some pretty good EC's from undergrad even though I wasn't on the pre-med tract. Good Luck to all, stay patient.

I got the secondary message on the website as well. I am sure more are coming, it is super early so no need to panic now anyone.

Nice! I knew you would get one though obviously. Potential classmates for sure.

That would be sweet. The doc I shadowed the most did he residency in Winston Salem and loved it. It is a pretty cool place, hopefully get to meet the real Steve sometime soon. Congrats yourself btw.

Yea, for sure- I think Wake is the only school that we both applied to though. Did you apply to any Chicago schools?

Also, thanks! It's a minor victory, getting past a tough screen, but a victory nonetheless.

How long after your info was made available to Wake before you received notice that they had it and were reviewing your app? I'm halfway through a master's, (with thesis and pubs), after having a rather life-changing struggle in undergrad. As you can imagine, I'm a little, (er...a LOT nervous), and I keep getting very conflicting opinions as to how heavily my master's work will be weighted. I'm DYING to hear from ANYBODY! And I'd LOVE the chance to interview at Wake, (as so many of us would).
Also, new SNDer, right here :hello:

How long after your info was made available to Wake before you received notice that they had it and were reviewing your app? I'm halfway through a master's, (with thesis and pubs), after having a rather life-changing struggle in undergrad. As you can imagine, I'm a little, (er...a LOT nervous), and I keep getting very conflicting opinions as to how heavily my master's work will be weighted. I'm DYING to hear from ANYBODY! And I'd LOVE the chance to interview at Wake, (as so many of us would).

AMCAS made my app available to Wake on 17 June, and I got the email saying they were reviewing my app 27 June. Good luck! :luck:

ugh, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a tad bit nervous, as I am still "under review, etc." 35Q, 3.8cGPA, 3.9sGPA at a top university....

I've heard from others that Wake Forest makes those who are still enrolled in graduate programs get letters from their program directors (or maybe it was from their mentor, I'm not sure) saying they are set to graduate on time. I think they do this before screening. But, n=1, so take it for what it's worth. Good luck :)

is it fair to say that wake has been reviewing high mcat + gpa applicants first and that is why some of us are still under review cause we don't have as comparatively high gpa / mcat?

How have you all been checking your status? Did they email you first? I haven't gotten anything from them..

I've heard from others that Wake Forest makes those who are still enrolled in graduate programs get letters from their program directors (or maybe it was from their mentor, I'm not sure) saying they are set to graduate on time. I think they do this before screening. But, n=1, so take it for what it's worth. Good luck :)

I hope they let us know about this, if that's the case.

How have you all been checking your status? Did they email you first? I haven't gotten anything from them..

They sent me an email stating that they have received my AMCAS app and that I could check the status of my app via this link that they included. The email included a login and password. Maybe check your spam folder.

is it fair to say that wake has been reviewing high mcat + gpa applicants first and that is why some of us are still under review cause we don't have as comparatively high gpa / mcat?
I don't think so...I have pretty good stats and I am still under review as well.. I think it depends on how early you submitted your primary

I don't think so...I have pretty good stats and I am still under review as well.. I think it depends on how early you submitted your primary

My stats are not very competitive, and I submitted 6/1, verified 6/8.
No dice yet...:xf: for all of us!!

Got the original email 6-27, got the "secondary on its way" status 6-29. I don't think it's a super high numbers game...only had a 33Q, 3.75c, 3.74s

I think mine is super slow because I am applying MD/PhD...sigh

Has anyone received the secondary so they can share the prompts, or is best case scenario just the status telling you an e-mail is on its way?

Has anyone received the secondary so they can share the prompts, or is best case scenario just the status telling you an e-mail is on its way?

I haven't received the secondary yet. I'll let everyone know when I get it.

Do all of your letters have to be received in order to pass the screen?...Just wondering

Crossing my fingers to get past the screen. Hope they see at least a little past the cumulative gpa

I was verified 6/8 and notified that Wake was reviewing my application on 6/27. It took longer than I had hoped for review, but I'm still psyched to get a little positive feedback from a school! Luck to all of you!

my status just changed to

"your amcas application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail.* please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."
+1 :)

"You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

guess that is bad news :( oh well.

Getting the secondary too. Status changed today, now just waiting for that email. Do you guys know how selective they are with this screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.