2011 Pod Practice Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be a great podiatrist with a great income. sorry if thats amusing kidsfeet.

The Wookie says:

It continues to be highly amusing Young One and your response continues to prove how immature and arrogant you are and will be. Also as I've said, being Great at one's chosen Path may not equate to collecting maximum galactic credits. Hopefully, you will learn this lesson in the Force, but by your response, you will likely not. How sad for you.

Is calling me "kidsfeet" an insult in your Galaxy? Masters, Padawans and Young Padawans keep calling me this and it is growing tedious. Whoever or whatever "kidsfeet" is, I am not that. What saddens me is how focused the group here is on this. Rather than learning the lessons of a galactic travel, everyone is bent on calling me names. That is making this Wookie very sad. :cry:

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe on Kashyyk or wherever you daydream you are from, wookie children and wives can live on bananas, but in the real world, when you've taken out 250k in loans plus undergrad loans and you've got a kid, with plans for more, we need more than bananas to start breaking even. Am I immature for wanting a great income commiserate with my education? Maybe in a galaxy far far away, but here, I think most people would feel that was an understandable desire. Can I be a great podiatrist and make a great income? I believe I can. I set high goals so that I can be above average. If wookies are fine with being average, good for them, we need average people in this galaxy.

*** As far as kidsfeet, look, you got scared, got your feelings hurt, acted like a douche, whatever, its been a few months and I'm not gonna look up the details, but if you are gonna create another account, alter your modus operandi a little more than speaking in 3rd person and pretending to be an 8 ft tall pseudohominid from Star Wars.

Last edited:
*** As far as kidsfeet, look, you got scared, got your feelings hurt, acted like a douche, whatever, its been a few months and I'm not gonna look up the details, but if you are gonna create another account, alter your modus operandi a little more than speaking in 3rd person and pretending to be an 8 ft tall pseudohominid from Star Wars.

The Wookie says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now I am starting to see the Star Map more clearly, Arrogant One. Perhaps there is more than one Humanoid in the Galaxy who can actually write effectively (unlike you, of course)? Or perhaps, in your limited view (and perhaps some of your peers) it is not possible that there are others who would like to help those on the Path. I don't know this "kidsfeet", and based on your estimation of this character, I don't want to. Can you point me to some of his writings here, such that I can see why everyone thinks I write like he or she does/did??

I am not this person, whatever you believe. I don't know to whom you are referring, Arrogant One, and don't care for your tone.

It is well known in the Galaxy that making a Wookie angry is never a good idea. You never know when you will meet one in your travels.

What is a "douche"???? I am unfamiliar with this term. Another insult in your Galaxy? I am perplexed.

Members don't see this ad :)
images

I wouldn't say it's "much easier" for the employing doctor(s) than an associate doc when the relationship ends. There are factors to consider on each side.

Assuming a decent contract (which is almost invariably what it requires to attract conscientious and intelligent employees), then employing doctor's practice has invested many thousands of dollars into credentialing, hospital dues, CME, APMA + ACFAS etc, malpractice, marketing, support staff, and other costs associated with the associate. That money is all spent before the associate has ever generated a penny of revenue for the employer, so in the early goings, the practice is always losing money on the associate doc. There's also the issue of unemployment compensation if the associate was terminated by the practice and possibly fees incurred to enforce the non-compete clause.

That's not to even consider the significant time and resources the practice spent to attract, interview, negotiate, check out, and contract a practice associate doc in the first place... which the office now probably need to do again in order to find another reasonable quality associate. Good employees don't grow on trees. We all know of DPMs :thumbup:who float from associate job to associate job to nursing home service to associate job, and they are generally unable to pass boards, lazy, poorly trained, negligent, just a volatile personality that does not work well with anyone... or all of the those things. That's a fact, and most hiring practices know to avoid those hirings since they will lose money, local practice reputation, patient satisfaction, and valuable time by creating a relationship with those people.

I get job emails and mailings and phone calls frequently, and I could also find dozens more positions quick through networking efforts and online search if I were to ever go looking for them. Also, anyone who has decent credit or family support and responsible savings funds could also just start their own office or join another practice as an independent contractor (which is greatly facilitated after the previous employer's practice has gotten them credentialed with most of the local insurance payers and local hospitals). If an associate leaves a practice - or gets fired, then it's truly not too difficult to "fend for themselves" if they have a quality skill set and good work ethic. I don't buy the argument that it's totally one-sided; it's a mutually beneficial relationship with risks and benefits on each end.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

To Wookie,

I partially agree and partially disagree with your statement regarding restrictive covenants. Although these aren't as ironclad as years ago, in some areas these are still enforced. The tendency is to decrease the number of years, geographic radius, etc., but they can often still be valid.

I have several recent articles and rulings regarding this matter and there are many factors involved. If it can be proven that breaking the agreement can cause significant financial harm to the employer, it may be more enforceable. In some states these are not valid, but in states such as NJ it IS still enforceable.

A childhood friend of mine decided to practice in NJ. He just WON his lawsuit against his former employee who broke the agreement and opened nearby.

So while I agree that these restrictive covenants may often be tossed, there are some areas that still allow and enforce the agreement.

The Wookie says:

I have been on both sides, being both a Young Jedi in a Galactic Kiosk and now as a Master Jedi. This is not a critique, but I find it interesting that both Master PADPM and Master Feli seem to have difficulty seeing the Young Jedi's point of view in these matters.

As far as the Laws of your Galaxy and Non-Compete clauses, as I have previously mentioned, new contracts enacted after these new Galactic Law were came into being a little over two years ago, it is much easier for a Young Jedi to prove that his previous Master Jedi is preventing him or her from making a living, then it is for a Master Jedi to prove financial hardship. Also if the Master Jedi did any kind of interviewing or advertising for said position, all a Young Jedi has to due is show that he or she was "recruited" in order for said Law to be enacted and protect the Young Jedi. Most Galactic Councillors will not even approach this topic anymore as it is a losing proposition for the Master Jedi. I have very intimate and personal experience with this, and as previously mentioned, this is not a point of argument. It is fact. Ask your Contract Associate if you care to spend the money to find out. I don't "know a guy, who knows a guy", or "had a friend who told me so". These Laws are not quadrant specific, but pertain to the Galaxy known as the United States of America in it's entirety. I would suggest to the Young Jedi who lost his case to Appeal to the Grand Court of the Galaxy and attempt to have the ruling reversed if he or she is so inclined. It seems to me that the Grand Court can override the Quadrant Courts.

Master PADPM, I thought we had agreed to disagree?

Padawan Ferocity,

What was the point of putting your current President's picture in your post? I fail to make any connections. He seems to be deep in thought. Please advise.

I don't think he's Kidsfeet. I do think he is a former attending who used to post on this forum....

The Wookie says:

-sigh-

As I have said several times already, I am new to this Galaxy. What is this "former attending"? Another insult?

The Wookie says:

I have been on both sides, being both a Young Jedi in a Galactic Kiosk and now as a Master Jedi. This is not a critique, but I find it interesting that both Master PADPM and Master Feli seem to have difficulty seeing the Young Jedi's point of view in these matters.

As far as the Laws of your Galaxy and Non-Compete clauses, as I have previously mentioned, new contracts enacted after these new Galactic Law were came into being a little over two years ago, it is much easier for a Young Jedi to prove that his previous Master Jedi is preventing him or her from making a living, then it is for a Master Jedi to prove financial hardship. Also if the Master Jedi did any kind of interviewing or advertising for said position, all a Young Jedi has to due is show that he or she was "recruited" in order for said Law to be enacted and protect the Young Jedi. Most Galactic Councillors will not even approach this topic anymore as it is a losing proposition for the Master Jedi. I have very intimate and personal experience with this, and as previously mentioned, this is not a point of argument. It is fact. Ask your Contract Associate if you care to spend the money to find out. I don't "know a guy, who knows a guy", or "had a friend who told me so". These Laws are not quadrant specific, but pertain to the Galaxy known as the United States of America in it's entirety. I would suggest to the Young Jedi who lost his case to Appeal to the Grand Court of the Galaxy and attempt to have the ruling reversed if he or she is so inclined. It seems to me that the Grand Court can override the Quadrant Courts.

Master PADPM, I thought we had agreed to disagree?

I did agree to disagree, but that doesn't mean that I can't voice my opinion when a new matter is discussed, such as restrictive covenants. And you may not intend on insulting, but you have a tendency to to this anyway. For example, you stated that "this is not a point of argument, it is fact". Is that an attempt at being politically correct and another way of saying "you're wrong, I'm right". That does not seem consistent with agreeing to disagree.

You then add insult when you state your experience is first hand, not "knowing a guy who knew a guy" etc. I must believe that's in reference to the fact that I stated a childhood friend won his case enforcing the convenant. I assure you it wasn't hearsay......I personally reviewed and read the final decision and have a copy in my possession.

And no, I do not agree that these laws are consistent across the galaxy.

As of 11/3/11......

"contractural agreements that restrict the post employment activities of employees are GENERALLY subject to enforcement under New Jersey law provided established criteria are satisfied. In the employment context restrictive convenants have been utilized to prohibit employees from revealing confidential, propriety information and/or trade secrets of the employer after the termination of employment; to prohibit the former employee from competing with the employer and barring individuals from soliciting the clients or other employees of a former employer".

Restrictive convenants are enforceable to the extent they are "reasonable under the circumstance of the case". In New Jesey there is a three prong test under which a convenant will be found to be reasonable if it is established that;

1) the convenant protects a legitimate interest of the employer
2) the convenant imposes no undue hardship on the employee and
3) the convenant is not injurious to the public.

This goes on to further detail, but simply confirms my comment that these ARE sometimes enforceable and the rulings do differ from state to state. It is not a "fact" that these convenants are never enforceable.

In addition there is additional information regarding this manner. During the decision regarding enforcement, the question "under what circumstances will employment terminate" is important. If the employment terminates because of a breach by the employer, or because the employee leaves because the employer's actions were detrimental to the public interest, the restrictive convenant will be more characterized as undue hardship to the employee.

Conversely, if the employee decided to terminate or discontinue the relationship independently and not because of the employer's wrongdoing, a court will be less likely to find undue hardship on the employee.

If the physician can easily establish a practice or join an existing practice outside of the restrictive area, the convenant will generally be enforceable.

This goes on and on, but I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that these convenants are NOT always unenforceable, despite what you claim is "fact".

There are many variables and it will depend on the actual state, circumstances, etc. There is not a one size fits all answer.

Yes, the courts have taken a harder stance on these convenants and the AMA actually frowns against them, but the fact remains that each convenant will be evaluated on a case to case basis and winning a decision that the contract is not enforceable is not a slam dunk.

This is not a reflection of how I personally feel about these convenants, but is a reflection of information I have researched.

Regarding the matter of the rights and privileges of the young doctor vs the employer. I am sympathetic to both sides since I have worn the shoes of both sides. Once again my opinion is case dependent. Some time the employee is the victim and sometimes the employer. My sympathy goes to the victim, whichever side that happens to be.

Last edited:
The Wookie says:

-sigh-

You were the one to re-open the discussion AFTER we agreed to disagree, Master. I was content in letting it go the way we had agreed.

Stark Laws are Galactic Jurisdiction. Not Quadrant. I hope I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

As I said, consult your...Rawrrrrrarg..what's the term you prefer in this galaxy...your "Attorney". It IS fact. Call him or her. Did your "friend's" contract begin within the last two years? I was very clear about this in my comment. As I said also, I am discussing a new Young Jedi. Not someone who had a Galactic Kiosk Partner or long time Young Jedi and their relationship dissolves.

I believe I have now closed my argument as a Sidekick on these points for fear of incurring the wrath of a Master yet again. Perhaps on to other things?

The Wookie says:

-sigh-

You were the one to re-open the discussion AFTER we agreed to disagree, Master. I was content in letting it go the way we had agreed.

Stark Laws are Galactic Jurisdiction. Not Quadrant. I hope I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

As I said, consult your...Rawrrrrrarg..what's the term you prefer in this galaxy...your "Attorney". It IS fact. Call him or her. Did your "friend's" contract begin within the last two years? I was very clear about this in my comment. As I said also, I am discussing a new Young Jedi. Not someone who had a Galactic Kiosk Partner or long time Young Jedi and their relationship dissolves.

I believe I have now closed my argument as a Sidekick on these points for fear of incurring the wrath of a Master yet again. Perhaps on to other things?

Sorry, but my understanding is that Stark laws don't involve contractural law and restrictive convenants. If they do, I stand corrected.

And I will continue to state that the laws differ from state to state. From an excerpt from the American College of Physicians;

Noncompete clauses

Also called restrictive covenants, noncompete clauses define a zone where departing physicians must not practice for a certain period of time.

Laws on noncompetes and their enforceability vary from state to state. For example, while noncompetes are prohibited in Massachusetts, California permits their use only for shareholders and partners. And in Texas, restrictive covenants have to include five provisions, including one that makes patient lists available to departing physicians.

However, how does that explain the information that I included regarding NJ law? That information was less than 1 year old.

And as I stated previously, I did agree to disagree on prior issues. However I did want to express my opinion regarding restrictive convenants. Since neither you or I (presumably) are contract attorneys, I'm not sure we will receive an accurate answer.

And I have consulted an attorney regarding this issue and he is the one that directed me to the references I posted. And again, that was less than 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i stand by my statement that to plan for mediocrity is not doing justice to one's self. If I try for a 4.0 and only get a 3.9, guess what i did great and my high goal let to my success. Why would i go into this career saying i am only going to be a middle of the road podiatrist?? I want to be a great podiatrist with a great income. sorry if thats amusing kidsfeet.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile
I don't see anything wrong with your mindset either, I really don't understand why you were blasted for your statement. Everyone should give it their all. Its always good to set high goals, if a goal is easily met then you are not pushing yourself hard enough.

Im also getting confused with this Jedi stuff, and yes I am old enough to appreciate Star Wars (the original of course, the new series was terrible).

I don't see anything wrong with your mindset either, I really don't understand why you were blasted for your statement. Everyone should give it their all. Its always good to set high goals, if a goal is easily met then you are not pushing yourself hard enough.

Im also getting confused with this Jedi stuff, and yes I am old enough to appreciate Star Wars (the original of course, the new series was terrible).

thanks, I was wondering if i had stumbled in a Lewis Carrol version of reality.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile

Yeah... I sorta feel bad about bumping this topic when it has brought a huge argument and I was just looking for a simple answer... Lol oh well.

max i may be naive and foolish but of course i am planning on a salary well above 100k straight out of residency. i also plan on a 4.0 and a badass residency along with great reviews and recs from all faculty and staff.i meet. you sell yourself short if you plan for mediocrity.

The Wookie says:

If you can't see how this comment is arrogant and presumptuous, Arrogant One, you have much to learn in the ways of the Force. I fear many difficult and frustrating trials ahead for you.

I'm actually glad the wookie guy is using this 3rd person, star wars themed prose. Basically nobody actually reads what he types and just formulates their opinion based on what Feli and PADPM are saying, which so far in my experience, I completely agree with.

Look, we all know who the wookie is...but I found footage of our friend kidsfeet in the wild (so to speak)

162192_o.gif

Look, we all know who the wookie is...but I found footage of our friend kidsfeet in the wild (so to speak).

The Wookie says:

If I had any idea what you were speaking of, I would respond. Once again, the reference to "kidsfeet". He or she must have been truly hated in this Galaxy.

Also, please refer to me by my proper name (meaning, you should capitalize proper nouns). Such insolance...

I'm actually glad the wookie guy is using this 3rd person, star wars themed prose. Basically nobody actually reads what he types and just formulates their opinion based on what Feli and PADPM are saying, which so far in my experience, I completely agree with.

Look, we all know who the wookie is...but I found footage of our friend kidsfeet in the wild (so to speak)

162192_o.gif

Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, including the Wookie, but the above is just plain funny......in any universe.

What happened to kidsfeet anyways? I thought he was a solid contributor to this forum.

Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, including the Wookie, but the above is just plain funny......in any universe.

The Wookie says:

I see, so I say that you inflate the truth and you tell me you are insulted and that you mind your integrity, but laughing at my expense is proper behavior from a Master?

Interesting...very interesting...

Planning on succeeding or having such success as a goal is not arrogant, arrogant would be believing I could do it without studying hours a day, going to tutoring sessions, study groups, performing 110%, etc.

The Wookie says:

I see, so I say that you inflate the truth and you tell me you are insulted and that you mind your integrity, but laughing at my expense is proper behavior from a Master?

I am not laughing AT you, but hopefully with you. I was clear to state that I did not want to insult anyone, including you, but I did think the video was simply funny.

And I'm not sure how or why you would be offended, since the post in question was simply poking at Kidsfeet (who is my friend) and you say you do not know Kidsfeet, so where is your concern?

I am not laughing AT you, but hopefully with you. I was clear to state that I did not want to insult anyone, including you, but I did think the video was simply funny.

And I'm not sure how or why you would be offended, since the post in question was simply poking at Kidsfeet (who is my friend) and you say you do not know Kidsfeet, so where is your concern?

The Wookie says:

Yet you specifically mention me in your post of the hilarity of the picture movie and that you aren't trying to offend me. I wonder what your "friend" would think of all these insulting words about him/her or whatever kidsfeet is.

Next time I make an inflammatory comment (which I don't find inflammatory, yet you might) I will make sure to add "I hope I'm not offending Master PADPM". That should resolve any feelings you have about my posts from here on out, shouldn't it?

Posters on this forum figured out who he was and he stopped posting.

The Wookie says:

Why would anyone here "figure out" who anyone here is?? That seems rather childish and esoteric.

He/she left because of that???????

Another interesting aspect of these "forums".

Someone mentioned that "kidsfeet" was an old friend. If that is the case, the Masters, Padawans and Young Padawans treat their "friends" rather strangely in this Galaxy. In ours, we honor our friends and those who help us attain our goals with gifts and statues.

Again, very interesting...

he was a friend, a rather prickly and opinionated one, but his thoughts and opinions added value to the discourse. The real issue was, towards the end of his time here, some...strange... posts were issued from accounts related to him by 'friends' of his misusing his account, it was "strange" to say the least.:rolleyes:

The Wookie says:

Yet you specifically mention me in your post of the hilarity of the picture movie and that you aren't trying to offend me. I wonder what your "friend" would think of all these insulting words about him/her or whatever kidsfeet is.

Next time I make an inflammatory comment (which I don't find inflammatory, yet you might) I will make sure to add "I hope I'm not offending Master PADPM". That should resolve any feelings you have about my posts from here on out, shouldn't it?

Really? I did not, have not and will not insult my friend Kidsfeet, despite what others choose to do, nor did I insult "Wookie", but since the original post mentioned Wookie, I preferenced my post to clarify that my laughing at the VIDEO should not be taken offensively by Wookie.

Sometimes things are just amusing, and we all have to sit back and lighten up.

Kidsfeet left the forum for his own personal reasons, and no one but Kidsfeet really knows why. Hopefully he's too busy to spend time on this forum.

The video isn't you (presumably) and isn't Kidsfeet, so no one should be offended. It is just a goofy video I personally found amusing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Really?

Sometimes things are just amusing, and we all have to sit back and lighten up.

The Wookie says:

Yes, really.

Lighten up? No thank you. When something offends me, it offends me. Only I can determine that.

Shall we just agree to disagree and move on once again?

he was a friend, a rather prickly and opinionated one, but his thoughts and opinions added value to the discourse.

The Wookie says:

I like this Fellow/Madam!!

Was he or she a Young Padawan, Padawan or Master if I ,may ask?

Planning on succeeding or having such success as a goal is not arrogant, arrogant would be believing I could do it without studying hours a day, going to tutoring sessions, study groups, performing 110%, etc.
:thumbup:

The Wookie says:

I like this Fellow/Madam!!

Was he or she a Young Padawan, Padawan or Master if I ,may ask?

I made it clear in my post that the person in question is a "fellow", but I think you are well aware of that and are trying too hard to act differently.

I also find it odd that you've stated in a few posts that you don't think you'd like this "Kidsfeet", but now suddenly like him.

You're making yourself too transparent. No explanation needed.

Yep, let's agree to disagree.

I made it clear in my post that the person in question is a "fellow", but I think you are well aware of that and are trying too hard to act differently.

I also find it odd that you've stated in a few posts that you don't think you'd like this "Kidsfeet", but now suddenly like him.

You're making yourself too transparent. No explanation needed.

Yep, let's agree to disagree.

:thumbup:

Give it a rest Kidsfeet.

This thread is going nowhere positive, so unless new questions or information arises, I think I will bow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.