2012-2013 AEGD/GPR Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bucknut2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feel free to list the school and date when you were offered an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Gainesville VA GPR on 9/17. Invite was offered about a week ago.

Ohio State for a November 16th interview invited on Aug. 24th and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) for an October 22nd interview offered last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my PASS app in mid-August, and my supplemental materials a week later. I applied to a dozen hospitals.

I havent gotten any invites or declines from any hospitals as of yet. Should i be a worried?

Also, when do the bulk of GPR interviews occur?

Most NYC metro area interviews are in Dec, except for Monty which started early due to their huge class ( as per Nadine). I will be sending out my invites shortly.

do schools begin reviewing applications before their PASS deadlines?

Hi , has anyone got invites from seminole AEGD? Thanks

Invite to Lutheran/UCSF AEGD sent about a week ago.

-uopmic-They sent out some invites about a week ago, a friend of mine got one..not sure if they are sending out more.

any idea what the GPR interviews are like/what kind of questions they ask?

Illinois Masonic- Nov 11
MAHEC - Nov 9, 16, or 30

Members don't see this ad :)
New York Flushing Hospital Medical Center GPD - late Oct.
Lutheran Medical Center - San Francisco, CA-UCSF Campus AEGD - mid Nov.
UoP Stockton (AEGD) - mid Nov.

Invited to Jesse Brown VA by e-mail on 10/22 to interview 11/13 or 11/14.

rochester general/eastman dental - nov 2

i was also wondering..how many interviews do you guys plan on attending?

I got invitations for UConn , Rochester and San Antonio till now

Anyone hear for San Antonio VA?

Last edited:
Anyone hear for San Antonio VA?

I received this on Oct 15 (despite the date at the top). Looks like they're done sending interviews out.

Date: November 8, 2011
Director, Advanced Education in General Dentistry (160)
Subj: Advanced Education In General Dentistry Residency
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the Advanced Education In General Dentistry Program at the V.A. Hospital in San Antonio. The endeavor to further your education is important to your career and is a worthy goal.
The San Antonio VA AEGD had over 140 applications this year. The AEGD staff has carefully reviewed all the applications and we have scheduled interviews. If I have not contacted and scheduled you for an interview then I am sorry that although your academic record is strong we are unable to interview you.
Thank you for your interest in our program, and advanced dental education.
Sincerely,
Alan Scott Douglas DDS
Program Director
Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program

Good to know, thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,

I received interview invites from the following:
University of Alabama AEGD
University of Texas San Antonio AEGD
University of Texas Houston AEGD

Have anyone heard from Georgia AEGD or Florida Seminole?

I would guess Seminole is finished as they sent out invites and have started interviews already. See LookingForSun's post above.

Last edited:
Did anyone apply to or hear back from DC VA or Baltimore VA programs?
Getting a little nervous....=/

I am at Maryland dental, and I am pretty sure that the VA next door hasn't gotten back with people yet...I didn't apply but several friends did.

Last edited:
Just talked with some people from Tufts. They'll start reviewing apps next week and will send out interview invites mid-Nov for interviews in early Dec.

Heard from DC GPR- interview dates 12/3-12/5
Univ Texas HSC Houston GPR-11/7

Hi All,

Figured I would chime in to several different posts:

Toothacher1: Several of my classmates have received invites from the Denver VA.

ytran: Georgia AEGD (Georgia Health Science University) offered an invite via phone Oct 23rd and they are interviewing Nov 15, 16, and 19. Seminole AEGD hopes to make offers Nov 18th

Flipper405: I received this e-mail from Dr. Douglas from the San Antonio VA on Oct 31. One of the 7 seats is already taken, so there are 6 left. They are interviewing this week. I consider this e-mail a rejection letter, but who knows....

October 31, 2012

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your continued interest in the San Antonio VA AEGD Program. At this time I have invited 25-30 applicants who are scheduled to interview beginning next week. After interviewing this initial group of applicants, I may decide to invite another group of applicants for interviews. Please continue to check your PASS account for updates. Thank you for your patience during this process.

Sincerely,

Alan Scott Douglas, D.D.S.

Director, Advanced Education In General Dentistry

LookingForSun: could you please share how you know one of the SA VA spots is already taken?

Thanks.

My friend is a resident there right now. Last year, a couple applied but Dr. Douglas only had space for one of them. So he promised the significant other that if she re-applied this year then he would save a spot for her.

Did anyone hear back from Albert Einstein in Philly or Providence VA?
Also any word from Bronx and Brooklyn VA?

does anyone know when Brooklyn VA deadline is? also anyone hear back from LIJ or Northshore?

Last edited:
I am at Maryland dental, and I am pretty sure that the VA next door hasn't gotten back with people yet...I didn't apply but several friends did.

Hey bucknut is Maryland done sending interviews for the AEGD..Thanks

@crestwhite - I also applied to LIJ/Northshore and still haven't heard back.

Did anybody get accetance from San Antonio VA or knows anybody who got in?
When SA VA suppose to call or email ?????

Hi All,

Figured I would chime in to several different posts:

Toothacher1: Several of my classmates have received invites from the Denver VA.

ytran: Georgia AEGD (Georgia Health Science University) offered an invite via phone Oct 23rd and they are interviewing Nov 15, 16, and 19. Seminole AEGD hopes to make offers Nov 18th

Flipper405: I received this e-mail from Dr. Douglas from the San Antonio VA on Oct 31. One of the 7 seats is already taken, so there are 6 left. They are interviewing this week. I consider this e-mail a rejection letter, but who knows....

October 31, 2012

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your continued interest in the San Antonio VA AEGD Program. At this time I have invited 25-30 applicants who are scheduled to interview beginning next week. After interviewing this initial group of applicants, I may decide to invite another group of applicants for interviews. Please continue to check your PASS account for updates. Thank you for your patience during this process.

Sincerely,

Alan Scott Douglas, D.D.S.

Director, Advanced Education In General Dentistry

Hey bucknut is Maryland done sending interviews for the AEGD..Thanks

I'm not sure. I didn't apply to the program but a few classmates did. I know that they are late as far as getting interviews out. I will talk to a few of my classmates and see what I can find out.

Last edited:
I started this thread so I should probably list where I have interviewed or where I will be interviewing.

Summa Health Care System GPR--Akron, OH (PASS only)--Notified mid-September. Interviewed and was offered very early but turned it down as I had other programs that I was really interested in but had yet to interview at.

San Antonio AEGD (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October; interviewed early November.

Buffalo VA AEGD (PASS & MATCH)--Notified mid-October; interviewed early/mid November.

York, PA GPR (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October, interview upcoming

Cleveland VA GPR (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October; interview upcoming

Orlando VA AEGD (PASS only)--Spoke with the director 1-2 weeks ago and it sounded like they would be offering interviews very soon. Could be that they have already and I didn't happen to get on..not sure.

San Antonio VA AEGD (PASS only)--Received a return message from the director probably two weeks ago similar to the one c/p'd in an earlier post above. Since it is such a highly sought after program, they probably won't be doing any additional interviews, but who knows.

If anyone has heard anything recently from the VAs in Orlando or San Antonio, feel free to inform.

Interviewed at San Antonio VA, Bay Pines VA and Miami VA AEGD this past week. Only one that hasn't sent out acceptances is San Antonio!

I started this thread so I should probably list where I have interviewed or where I will be interviewing.

Summa Health Care System GPR--Akron, OH (PASS only)--Notified mid-September. Interviewed and was offered very early but turned it down as I had other programs that I was really interested in but had yet to interview at.

San Antonio AEGD (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October; interviewed early November.

Buffalo VA AEGD (PASS & MATCH)--Notified mid-October; interviewed early/mid November.

York, PA GPR (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October, interview upcoming

Cleveland VA GPR (PASS & MATCH)--Notified early October; interview upcoming

Orlando VA AEGD (PASS only)--Spoke with the director 1-2 weeks ago and it sounded like they would be offering interviews very soon. Could be that they have already and I didn't happen to get on..not sure.

San Antonio VA AEGD (PASS only)--Received a return message from the director probably two weeks ago similar to the one c/p'd in an earlier post above. Since it is such a highly sought after program, they probably won't be doing any additional interviews, but who knows.

If anyone has heard anything recently from the VAs in Orlando or San Antonio, feel free to inform.

got a call/msg from the director of Orlando VA today for the interview. will return his call and pick a date tomorrow.