2012-2013 AEGD/GPR Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed at San Antonio VA, Bay Pines VA and Miami VA AEGD this past week. Only one that hasn't sent out acceptances is San Antonio!

How do you know that bay pines sent out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from GPRs at UCLA, VA Palo Alto, VA Sepulveda, VA Long Beach, VA San Diego, or any of the Lutherans in SD, LA, or Oakland?

Has anyone heard from GPRs at VA Palo Alto, VA Sepulveda, VA Long Beach, UCLA GPR, Cedars Sinai, and Lutheran SD, LA, and Oakland?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know that bay pines sent out acceptances?
Re ur question: i know a person who got accepted to bay pines 2 days after interview, So it seems like they r done with the process. The ridiculous thing though is that they don't even care to send out the rejection letter saying " thank you fir coming...." so you don't wait like an "idiot " for 2 weeks, I am happy I am not going there, very disorganized!

Has anyone heard from GPRs at VA Palo Alto, VA Sepulveda, VA Long Beach, UCLA GPR, Cedars Sinai, and Lutheran SD, LA, and Oakland?

Got invites from:
VA Long Beach
VA Sepulveda

...I have applied to all of the above except UCLA GPR and Lutheran SD and Oakland, but have not heard back from any others.

Got invites from:
VA Long Beach
VA Sepulveda

...I have applied to all of the above except UCLA GPR and Lutheran SD and Oakland, but have not heard back from any others.

hey
i see your from tufts
do you know if tufts sent out invites?

Hey Cybermech, Were you at the West LA VA interview yesterday?

I heard Long Beach VA was done giving out interview invites.

My friend accepted a position at the San Antonio VA. I believe the seats are all full, but not 100% sure.

My friend accepted a position at the San Antonio VA. I believe the seats are all full, but not 100% sure.

Do you know when he was called about his acceptance at San Antonio?

Bucknut have your classmates heard back from Baltimore VA? Have tried calling/emailing the faculty but no response :(

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone recently applied to BU AEGD and gotten an invite?

Anyone here accepted into San Antonio and 100% going???

Florida SEMINOLE AEGD

Has anyone been accepted after the interview? I thought that Dr. Porter said that he would send out acceptances on the Monday before Thankgiving so I'm presuming that I wasn't accepted....:(:(:(

Florida SEMINOLE AEGD

Has anyone been accepted after the interview? I thought that Dr. Porter said that he would send out acceptances on the Monday before Thankgiving so I'm presuming that I wasn't accepted....:(:(:(

My friend got her acceptance call today and took one of the positions. I don't know how many people accepted so maybe there's still hope! :)

northport VA anyone heard back?? <crickets> :confused:

Has anyone heard about an interview from Morristown memorial gpr yet?

Did anybody get interview invite to Mare Island VA? :confused:

I called UF Seminole this morning and was told all positions have been filled.

In response to Toothacher1:

I also have an interview with LSU and visited over the summer. From what I understand there are 8 positions in total, 4 in Baton Rouge and 4 in New Orleans. I think BR has more peds whereas NO residents see LOTS of surgery, pre-chemo patients and medically complex. LSU is the only trauma hospital in the state so residents (at least in NO) get a good amount of trauma experience from what I understand. Attendings, residents and hygienists in NO were all REALLY friendly and helpful when I visited. Oh, and residents gets IV sedation certified. Hope this helps!

Was the Tufts invite via email or phone?

Also, has anyone received an invite from Cambridge Health Alliance?

What programs in AZ, TX, CA, NV offer post-match GPR spots???

Anyone heard of anyone getting acceptances to Loyola GPR?

P.S. my invite for Tufts (also yesterday) was via email.

I've got my first interview coming up in a few weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of what their interviews have been like? What sorts of questions do they ask? Do they grill you on clinical knowledge or focus more on personal questions like why you want to do a GPR/AEGD? Thanks!

has anyone heard from the California GPR programs?

are any interviews held in january?

Does anyone know when Georgia Health Sciences AEGD/GPR gives out offers? Their website says Jan 4 but has anyone heard if it's sooner? Thanks!

Does anyone know when Georgia Health Sciences AEGD/GPR gives out offers? Their website says Jan 4 but has anyone heard if it's sooner? Thanks!
This year's current residents heard from Georgia Health Sciences AEGD/GPR in December

Didn't they say during the interview that it will be this week?
I'm not quite sure if Dr. Pruett said it would be this exact week. But he told me he was going to try and make decisions soon.

Hi Say Ahhh
Do you know if Orlando VA is done with interviews ,did you get selected .

Last edited:
I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital Network GPR on November 17 (received invitation beginning of Nov). I really liked the program there.

I just got an interview invitation for Abington Memorial Hospital GPR and the date they gave me is during my final exams. Did anyone interview there already who could give me some info on how they liked the program? I'm not sure if I should try to move exams around to try and make it to my interview. Thanks!

Has anyone heard ANYthing from St. Elizabeth's Womens Mental Health hospital in DC or know anything about it? I cannot find a contact email or number for them anywhere. Thanks!

I applied to St. Elizabeth's in DC also but have not heard anything at all back. I tried calling and emailing the # on the PASS website but no answers/responses :(

Has anyone heard any decisions from the aegd/gpr at Georgia health sciences? They said December and it's December...

any thoughts on columbia's gpr?

What Lutheran AEGD programs have people received interviews from?

Applied to Maryland AEGD have not heard from them. has anyone? What is Nova South easterns criteria for selection to the AEGD program?? anyone? help plz

Any thoughts on

Jersey city Medical center gpr vs Robertwood gpr vs Lutheran Medical center aegd in terms of Endo and implants? I know Jersey city is heavy on OS, but how is it in terms of endo,fixed?

Please help!:eek:

Has anyone heard from LMC-AEGD ? did they start interviewing the applicant or they are done with it?