2012-2013 Albert Einstein of Yeshiva Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(100 word limit for most)

If you check "Yes" for any of the following, you will be provided a text box so that you may provide a short response.

I have taken time off between high school and college
(explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.)

I have taken time off during my undergraduate years
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.)

I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.)

I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I apply to medical school
(Please explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete.)

I have taken and received credit for online courses
(Please note that the College does not accept online courses that are not offered by (as opposed to, approved by) your undergraduate or graduate institution. If you have taken online courses, please indicate what courses, where they were taken, and why you elected to take the courses online.)

I have worked part- or full-time, for pay, during the academic year while in college.
(Please indicate when you worked, e.g., freshman year, what months of the year you worked, and how many hours. Briefly describe the work you did.)

I have applied to medical school previously
(Please list schools and year of application, and tell us what actions you have taken to improve your application.)

I have submitted an AMCAS application to Einstein previously (Please keep in mind that if you completed two prior applications, you are ineligible for reapplication.)
(Please indicate whether you completed the application process for Einstein, the year(s) you applied, and whether you were interviewed.)

I had been accepted to medical school previously but chose not to matriculate
(Please indicate the name of the school, the year, and your reasons for not matriculating.)

I had been enrolled previously in a medical school
(Please indicate the name of the school, the dates of your enrollment, and your reason for leaving.)

I have not completed the pre-medical requirements
(Please indicate what courses you are missing, and when and where you plan to complete them.)

I am presently holding a deferred enrollment to a medical / professional school
(Please indicate where you are holding a deferral and why you are applying to Einstein now.)

I have received a grade of "F" during my college / graduate school years
(Please indicate the name of the course and the reason for the failure.)

I have received a grade of "D" during my college / graduate school years
(Please indicate the name of the course and the reason for this grade.)

I have received a grade of "W" during my college / graduate school years

I have received a grade of "I" during my college / graduate school years

I have transferred from one college to another during my undergraduate years
(Please explain why you chose to transfer, and indicate the names of the colleges involved.)

I have been the recipient of a warning notice for a non-academic issue that did not result in a disciplinary action
(Please explain when, where and why.)

I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or an administrative action, expunged or not, while in school
(If yes, please answer the following questions.)

I have disciplinary charges pending
(Please explain in detail.)

I have been convicted of a crime

I expect that there will be criminal charges brought against me which are now pending

I have been prohibited or suspended from practicing in a professional capacity due to or as a result of alleged misconduct

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No love for Albert Einstein? They went to my school to talk about their medical school program and I think it's great.

^^ I'm hoping to apply here. Definitely one of my top choices! :)
Campus looks great, and it seems like their research is strong.

Anyone know if Albert Einstein has special programs or opportunities for MD students that wanna do research? I'm not competitive for their MSTP, but I still wanna get involved in research.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my primary today. What essay prompts did Einstein give out last year?

What should I know about Einstein's application procedure and Einstein medical school in general?

Submitted my primary today. What essay prompts did Einstein give out last year?

What should I know about Einstein's application procedure and Einstein medical school in general?
Wow, I think I saw this same post for 15 schools. There's a sticky in this sub-forum labeled secondaries.

But those are 2011-2012 secondaries, do they usually stay the same year-though-year?

Wow, I think I saw this same post for 15 schools. There's a sticky in this sub-forum labeled secondaries.

Apparently the link to the 2011-2012 Einstein page is broken. So can someone who has a copy on their computer post last year's essays?

Apparently the link to the 2011-2012 Einstein page is broken. So can someone who has a copy on their computer post last year's essays?

From what I remember, Einstein is one of the schools that does not have any essays for their secondary.

From what I remember, Einstein is one of the schools that does not have any essays for their secondary.

Correct. They, from my recollection, had a "if you aren't full time as a student explain what you're upto" kind of short question.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Anyone know how strong the Jewish culture is at this school? I remember reading someone's MDapps a few years ago that Jewish students and professors more or less formed their own cliques on interview day, and it felt like the school was catered primarily to A) Jewish students, and then B) everyone else. Can any current non-Jew students at this school comment what the environment is like? I don't want to have to go to classes where half my classmates are speaking to each other in Hebrew.

Last edited:
Wow anti-semitic much? Why don't you just apply to Georgetown with all the other catholics speaking in tongues.

I'm far from Catholic, but I do want to go to school in a diverse and cooperative environment. Does this represent this school or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else having trouble getting past the second step?

it looks like we have to add our photo to continue...somewhat annoying since all i want to do is check the essay prompts (if there are any)

I got through all of it, didn't submit yet.

Questions are only pertinent to those who are taking/have taken gap years.

I got through all of it, didn't submit yet.

Questions are only pertinent to those who are taking/have taken gap years.

Also to those who have transferred.

EDIT:

about the transfer one: I took classes during highschool at a community college, and those classes are labeled as highschool on my AMCAS. Is that considered "transferring"?

Last edited:
Are you on a mac or PC? If you're on a mac you can open it using preview, go to tools, and hit adjust size. Not sure about PC though, but I think it's got something to do with paint?

Has anyone submitted? I only see one of the questions I filled out in the 'history' section..... a little troubling.....

Has anyone submitted? I only see one of the questions I filled out in the 'history' section..... a little troubling.....

Yeah I'm in the same boat! I filled out two questions, but I only see one...oh well? :xf:

Just a quick question about the secondary: if my pre-med committee/other writers have yet to upload my LORs, should I submit anyway? I just don't want a frozen application with no letters uploaded.

Are you on a mac or PC? If you're on a mac you can open it using preview, go to tools, and hit adjust size. Not sure about PC though, but I think it's got something to do with paint?

That was going to cause me so much difficulty. Thank you sir, you deserve many kudos. :thumbup:

Okay it makes me feel a lot better that this also happening to you. Maybe its their display settings?

Thanks! I did that but it made the picture tiny. Is it supposed to be 160x125 pixels? That seems awfully small haha

Thanks! I did that but it made the picture tiny. Is it supposed to be 160x125 pixels? That seems awfully small haha

Thats what the directions say. Maybe they're trying to save ink or something? Haha who knows!

Submitted!!!!! 1st application!!! GL everyone!

Anyone know if there is an application status page? I submitted the secondary but never received email confirmation that it was successful, and I can no longer log in to the secondary.

Just a quick question about the secondary: if my pre-med committee/other writers have yet to upload my LORs, should I submit anyway? I just don't want a frozen application with no letters uploaded.

I want a similar answer, because my LOR's aren't in yet either!

I want a similar answer, because my LOR's aren't in yet either!

I SDN-searched for the answer and the general consensus is that it's unwise to submit without having your LORs uploaded. So maybe a gentle reminder to your writers?

I'm piecing together a plan that involves pie and/or cookies... :)

I submitted it. They should receive the letters through AMCAS, no?

I took it as the ratio not actual pixels... it took my picture that's well over 160 x 125 but around that ratio.

I SDN-searched for the answer and the general consensus is that it's unwise to submit without having your LORs uploaded. So maybe a gentle reminder to your writers?

That will just incentivize them to wait longer.

My plan includes a crossbow and barrel of fire.

It is ingenious.

I'm pretty sure we can submit the secondary without having LORs in. For instance, if you have a committee letter that will be uploaded later, there's no reason to not submit your secondary. The letters will automatically be sent to the schools, after which your application will be marked complete.

It doesn't make sense to hold out on finished secondaries--the letters will reach there when they reach there.

Edit: Brandon's plan does sound ingenious...:idea:

This is from the application info page...

information regarding letters of recommendation for the MD can be found here; in addition, applicants to the MSTP must submit two confidential letters of reference from past research mentors. All letters must be submitted through the AMCAS Letter Writer system and must be on official letterhead, and include signature.

That will just incentivize them to wait longer.

My plan includes a crossbow and barrel of fire.

It is ingenious.

I think I had a PS section about that scenario. Proof that the MCAT is in fact useful.

Anyone know if there is an application status page? I submitted the secondary but never received email confirmation that it was successful, and I can no longer log in to the secondary.
I'm a reapplicant to Einstein, and from what I remember last year they don't have a status update page. They do send an email when the file is complete and ready for review.

I'm a reapplicant to Einstein, and from what I remember last year they don't have a status update page. They do send an email when the file is complete and ready for review.
OK, thanks. Just thought it was kind of funky that there was nothing except for a payment confirmation email.

Were you all verified? I haven't gotten any secondaries yet (and I'm not verified yet), so I'm wondering if this is the cause. I didn't think all the schools waited for verification to send the secondary apps out...

Were you all verified? I haven't gotten any secondaries yet (and I'm not verified yet), so I'm wondering if this is the cause. I didn't think all the schools waited for verification to send the secondary apps out...

You must be verified before you're sent a secondary. Don't try to get cute and fill out the secondary before you're sent an email that invites you to do so. You can see the consequences of that **** storm on last year's thread.

Yeah I'm in the same boat! I filled out two questions, but I only see one...oh well? :xf:

Me too! I filled out the Gap year and the job question and only the gap year question showed up.

You must be verified before you're sent a secondary. Don't try to get cute and fill out the secondary before you're sent an email that invites you to do so. You can see the consequences of that **** storm on last year's thread.

Haha sooo many angry responses when they found out they were auto-denied.

Haha sooo many angry responses when they found out they were auto-denied.

I lost the right to judge gunners when I submitted my app on the first day. *cough* they were gunners *cough* ...but shoot, talk about harsh penalties!

If I've received a "no pass" in a pass/fail class, do you think I should mention that in the "Have you ever received an F"? They don't explicitly ask about pass/fail classes.

I submitted as well. My committee letter should be uploaded by next thur/fri my advisor said. I saw no harm in submitting my secondary.

They're all in...my school hasn't mailed them out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.