2012-2013 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy a laptop in the next week or so because my old one is officially dead. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about getting a Lenovo Yoga but now I am worried it doesn't have enough storage. What do y'all think?

If you're definitely going PC, I can't make any recommendations. If you're debating Mac vs PC, don't worry much about compatibility issues at Baylor. I think the official stance of the college is that they don't support Mac or whatever, but the majority of my class used Mac. I've heard that Dr. Klotman and I think even that the head of the IT department use MacBooks at work.

Other students that frequent this forum are more IT fluent than I am, so those folks might have more specific advice. Overall, I'd say an average laptop that can open powerpoints and word documents is all you really need. Nothing special.

Members don't see this ad.

I need to buy a laptop in the next week or so because my old one is officially dead. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about getting a Lenovo Yoga but now I am worried it doesn't have enough storage. What do y'all think?

I think something light, compact, and great battery life are things you would want and so a MacBook Air comes to mind

I'm either getting a yoga or the dell equivalent. I am leaning to the dell version because of the 256 ssd. I feel like the convertible windows 8 laptop /tablets will be ideal. After i got my ipad in undergrad i never took a laptop to class again, but I liked the laptop so i could type up a summary of my notes. Best of both worlds i guess

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
I think something light, compact, and great battery life are things you would want and so a MacBook Air comes to mind

We have power outlets at every seat in the lecture hall, so as long as you have your power supply, it's all good.

I personally use an Acer Aspire Timeline X. I got it for a good price last year (a little under $500 new), and it hasn't yet me down so far. I quite like it. And if you are concerned about battery life and plan to study away from electrical outlets, I've gone close to 9 hours on battery with it (using power-saver settings).

Is Baylor pretty much done with the major spurt of acceptances off the waitlist?

Hey all (y'all?) and congrats to everyone accepted - good luck to those waiting. I am looking for a roommate for a 2/2 condo that I will be moving into on July 15. My place is in Brentwood Condos, within 2 miles of med center. The place is quite spacious with a large den that will probably end up becoming a nice study to accommodate 2 people. Roommate will have their own full bathroom. Beautiful kitchen w/ granite countertops, oak laminate floors, and awesome wooden deck attached to the unit. Covered assigned parking for 2. Please PM for more info.

Any BCM students here that are willing to read my secondary and maybe give me some pointers if what I am going for is a good approach?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.