2012-2013 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You too? I was just thinking that maybe I should have just told Dr. Mehta how much I loved animals as my interesting fact like the other six...

LOL, I'm dead. Too funny.

And congrats to everyone who got in!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I agree. I guess we'll find out tomorrow..

For the CCLCM applicants waiting to hear, I just called admissions and was told that the second batch of acceptances will be made in mid-March.

Look's like we have a bit more waiting to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who missed the tweet earlier this morning:

Those on "hold after interview": we will be re-reviewing in a couple weeks and will notify if the alternate list is an option for you.

Sounds like, along with CCLCM, UP will also be hearing some big news in mid-March.

Anyone who interviewed with the MSTP in January or February heard back yet? Also, why is it taking folks longer to hear back from CCLCM this year?

For the CCLCM applicants waiting to hear, I just called admissions and was told that the second batch of acceptances will be made in mid-March.

Look's like we have a bit more waiting to do.

Thanks for the info! More weeks of waiting :)

Someone I know received an acceptance call from CCLCM yesterday after getting the high hold letter in February. I don't think the person is on SDN, so I just wanted to share the info. I also received the high hold notice, but no call. I guess that means waiting until April 16.

Just withdrew from case. Best of luck to you all

Wow! Congratulations to your friend!! Does she know when the second look weekend for CCLCM will be?
Thanks!

Does UP have a high-hold status, or is that unique to CCLCM?
I think that's just CCLCM because in this entire thread, nobody has reported high-hold for UP.

This is a sort of annoying question but does anybody know if we could send letters of interest or intent to CWRU/CCLCM right now (post-interview, on hold)? Does it matter for them?? And also, I've never sent one of these before and 4 other schools have explicitly told me on my interview day that it's useless and to not do that (coincidentally, they were all CA schools)... but maybe this kind of stuff doesn't come off as pestering to others??

I also feel like.. a school like Case must receive a lot of LOI's. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
In the hold letter, Dr. Mehta said to update relevant information-so if your LOI includes updates, it should be relevant.. That being said, I submitted one and I don't think it will hurt.

Someone I know received an acceptance call from CCLCM yesterday after getting the high hold letter in February. I don't think the person is on SDN, so I just wanted to share the info. I also received the high hold notice, but no call. I guess that means waiting until April 16.

Do you know when that person interviewed?

just registered for second look!

Folks,

32 offers have been made as of today for CCLCM.

Regards.
Bummer! And I haven't received any notices whatsoever on iApply! I called CCLCM yesterday and was told that I would hear by March 15th. Do you know when admissions is going to let folks know that they've been rejected?

Congratulations eggs! Were you accepted? When is second look for CCLCM?
Thanks!

I was accepted to UP back in October. I did not apply to CCLCM--I'm not sure when their second look is, but UP's second look is April 12-13!

I think that's just CCLCM because in this entire thread, nobody has reported high-hold for UP.

This is a sort of annoying question but does anybody know if we could send letters of interest or intent to CWRU/CCLCM right now (post-interview, on hold)? Does it matter for them?? And also, I've never sent one of these before and 4 other schools have explicitly told me on my interview day that it's useless and to not do that (coincidentally, they were all CA schools)... but maybe this kind of stuff doesn't come off as pestering to others??

I also feel like.. a school like Case must receive a lot of LOI's. :/

You should definitely write an LOI. I was waitlisted last year, and I received an acceptance a couple days after sending my LOI. Many of my classmates who were waitlisted had similar stories.

CA admissions offices generally don't like hearing from applicants, but that's not how all admissions offices are.

This thought just occurred to me... Sorry if it has been discussed before.

Does UP reject people post-interview? Or do they just give out "Accept" or "Hold?"

Anyone know if a decision on holds will be made soon? Or does the whole category turn into a waitlist? :(

Anyone know if a decision on holds will be made soon? Or does the whole category turn into a waitlist? :(

I hope so!!! the whole "hold"category doesn't automatically turn into a waitlist. I believe some people get rejected off of hold when the waitlist is formulated.

I hope so!!! the whole "hold"category doesn't automatically turn into a waitlist. I believe some people get rejected off of hold when the waitlist is formulated.

Yeah, the twitter said that they would "decide in a couple of weeks whether the wait list was an option for you"... So some people will not have that option. Also, that tweet was from last week so...next wednesday not a bad guess?

You should definitely write an LOI. I was waitlisted last year, and I received an acceptance a couple days after sending my LOI. Many of my classmates who were waitlisted had similar stories.

CA admissions offices generally don't like hearing from applicants, but that's not how all admissions offices are.

Hey premed67783, I was wondering if you could answer if you know around how many classmates of yours came in off the waitlist. Would be an interesting (and possibly uplifting or soul crushing) thing to know.

Thanks.

+1 i am curious as well. i have yet to hear anyone get rejected from case post interview.. its very possible everyone gets put on hold right away if you dont make the first cut.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is anyone else not able to find their ID/PIN number to do the financial aid stuff for University Track? On my iApply, it says:

"The 2013-2014 Financial Aid Application is now available. Below you will find your unique case indentification numbers that will allow you to access the CWRU Financial Aid site."

But there aren't any ID/PIN numbers listed beneath it. Is there another place I should be looking, or should I contact them?

Does Christian Essman/the admissions office send you a confirmation email if you've sent them an update?

By the sound of their tweet a couple weeks ago, this week could be the week that hold applications get rereviewed for potential alternate list placement. Here's to hoping we hear about the AL by the end of the month!!! :xf: (even though last year wasn't until 4/16 because of delays :()

just curious, does case western's match list include CCLCM students or is it just UP?

does anyone know if case only accepts the exact size of its class or over-accept prior to sending out any acceptances to the waitlisted?

just curious, does case western's match list include CCLCM students or is it just UP?
It includes all three programs (MSTP as well as CCLCM and UP). CCLCM also publishes its own separate match list.

Haven't heard anything back from CP. It's the only school I interviewed at that still hasn't given my a decision.

I remember at my interview for the UP program that they start around the beginning to middle of July, but didn't catch the exact date. It doesn't appear that they have posted their calendar online. Does anyone happen to have a digital copy of the calendar or at least the date for the first class and the white coat ceremony? I'm trying to figure out what my summer schedule would look like if I were to be accepted.

Does anyone know when Case starts letting people on hold know whether or not they've made the waitlist? For UP, I mean.

Does anyone know when Case starts letting people on hold know whether or not they've made the waitlist? For UP, I mean.
On Feb 27, they posted "Those on "hold after interview": we will be re-reviewing in a couple weeks and will notify if the alternate list is an option for you." on the Case Med Admiss twitter. So could be any time now? It's been ~3 weeks....

What about CCLCM?

Sorry, I am completely illiterate with twitter. How do I get to see the tweets from CCLCM admissions?

Thanks!

What about CCLCM?

Sorry, I am completely illiterate with twitter. How do I get to see the tweets from CCLCM admissions?

Thanks!
There isn't a separate admissions twitter for CCLCM, but since the UP adcom oversees (works with? insert correct term here) the CP decisions, occasionally there will be a post about the CCLCM process. Nothing recently though, unfortunately.... I think for now we have to wait until April 16th like it says in high hold letter...

However, if anyone has any other thoughts I would love to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.