2012-2013 Dartmouth Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if they are receptive to pre-interview updates? I told them in my plans for the year I had plans for activities. And know I officially have them (job transfer to another state and volunteer at hospital)? I'll probably wait until I have a week or two of experience with them to send a letter...

Not sure, I'm wondering the same thing...

Members don't see this ad.

Changed my mind and submitted my secondary here a bit late... Complete on 8/3.

Hope I'm not too late! :D

I have a good friend who did her undergrad here--she had nothing but good things to say about the school and location!

Good luck everyone!

Submitted 8/5

Anyone heard anything back yet or have any idea when interview invites or rejections start coming?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year the first day anyone heard anything was late next week so hopefully soon!

Changed my mind and submitted my secondary here a bit late... Complete on 8/3.

Hope I'm not too late! :D

I have a good friend who did her undergrad here--she had nothing but good things to say about the school and location!

Good luck everyone!

i am doing my undergrad there currently...beautiful school, tight knit community, plenty of outdoor activities

Any current Dartmouth students around here? I'm curious about whether or not students have chances to get involved in policy work, as I am currently studying public health policy and want to continue this.

Any current Dartmouth students around here? I'm curious about whether or not students have chances to get involved in policy work, as I am currently studying public health policy and want to continue this.

I had an Albert Schweitzer fellowship for a year to get med students at Dartmouth involved in state-level health policy. Dartmouth is a great place for this because the NH Legislature is an accessible legislative body. You can also get involved with AMA or AMSA or PHR if you're interested in policy.

The first Dartmouth interview invitation went out today last cycle. I wonder if any of us will get good news tomorrow/next week??

The first Dartmouth interview invitation went out today last cycle. I wonder if any of us will get good news tomorrow/next week??

Glad I'm not the only one who made it a point to find out when last year's were sent out lol. Here's hoping!!

Does anybody know whether Dartmouth is sending complete emails this year?

I never got one but when I checked my status it said everything was complete and I was under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II, still in shock...

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite, still in shock...

Would you mind telling us when the first interview dates are? I am wondering whether I should send them an in the area email because I will be there next month. Thanks!

Just received an interview invite, still in shock...
Me, too, justhanging! It's my first interview invite and I re-read it 5 times to make sure it's not a mean prank email..!
Submitted: 7/19
Completed: 8/2

Me, too, justhanging! It's my first interview invite and I re-read it 5 times to make sure it's not a mean prank email..!
Completed: 8/2
do you also mind saying your stats?

II - 8/13
Complete - 7/16
34/3.7

And the first date they gave me for Interview was sept 6.

Last edited:
Interview Invite! I'm so shocked! See you guys there! Good luck to the everyone still waiting to hear back!

If you're going to contribute the best way to do so is post your GPA/MCAT range and your complete date so other applicants can get a general idea of where they sit.

Thanks from all of us still waiting, and congratulations :)

do you also mind saying your stats?

You can see his story here.

But here are his stats

Type: Nontraditional, Research-heavy
First MCAT: 33M (expired)
Second MCAT: 31O
cGPA: 3.63 (Engineering)
Complete: 8/2
II: 8/13

--------------

Hell of a job, fox.

If you're going to contribute the best way to do so is post your GPA/MCAT range and your complete date so other applicants can get a general idea of where they sit.

Thanks from all of us still waiting, and congratulations :)

You can see his story here.

But here are his stats

Type: Nontraditional, Research-heavy
First MCAT: 33M (expired)
Second MCAT: 31O
cGPA: 3.63 (Engineering)
Complete: 8/2
II: 8/13

--------------

Hell of a job, fox.

Huzzah

Another shocked one over here. Got an interview, but not quite sure how! My stats are below their 10th percentile. oh well, I will take it :)

Another shocked one over here. Got an interview, but not quite sure how! My stats are below their 10th percentile. oh well, I will take it :)
Congrats! when were you complete?

nice work to you too! can you tell us when you received a complete email

Complete: 7/13

Stats:

undergrad GPA = below average accepted

MCAT = above average accepted

ECs = a lot

-sorry for being pretty vague due to privacy reasons

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary early July, but didn't get my last LOR in until last week.

:thumbup: Rooting for you.

If I'm in school, should I just list my courses in the first essay, and talk about my ECs that I'm doing this year (that aren't on my primary application) in the second essay?

Probably talk about both courses and ECs in the 1st essay, and write about something else in the 2nd.

OK, one more quick question. Is it OK to refer to the school as Dartmouth? Should I make an effort to say Geisel in the optional essay? I've always thought of it as Dartmouth and prefer that name, but I don't want to offend anyone in the admissions office by not using the new name.

There is approximately a one in a Googolplex chance they will care.

OK, one more quick question. Is it OK to refer to the school as Dartmouth? Should I make an effort to say Geisel in the optional essay? I've always thought of it as Dartmouth and prefer that name, but I don't want to offend anyone in the admissions office by not using the new name.

The school was just name Geisel this year so most people probably refer to it as Dartmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

10th percentile is MCAT 31, GPA 3.59 of which I am at or below. All you low stat people out there, there is hope!

10th percentile is MCAT 31, GPA 3.59 of which I am at or below. All you low stat people out there, there is hope!

I was complete 7/31 but still nothing. My stats are low so trying to listen to you right now..... :(

congrats though!!! I know how stressful it is competing amongst the 4.0 and 40s so good luck!!!! I have one interview so far and I hope it works out for us this cycle! :D

Complete: 7/16

Stats:

undergrad GPA = above average accepted

MCAT = above average accepted

ECs = a lot

-sorry for being pretty vague due to privacy reasons (Thanks for the template!)

Oh man I was complete 7/16 too! I wish I hadn't read this post hah

they dont seem to be going in any order...someone with an 8/3 complete got an ii earlier in the week

I'm assuming they send out II/rejections via email, not status page

Does anyone know the max number of letters we can submit? Thanks!

complete on 8/15 and got interview invite just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.