2012-2013 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After submitting the secondary and sending the personal photo, do we not get a complete email or anything to acknowledge that we have all requirements in ? I didn't hear anything from them since I submitted, which is fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I've been quiet everyone. I've been busy with rotations and residency interview scheduling stuff. For the scattered few who are concerned, I've gotten interview offers in a relatively competitive field from some (subjectively) "Top-25" programs. Many of my friends have also gotten interviews at some top places in a variety of specialties all over the country. Doesn't mean we will match there, but we have the chance to.

I still try to check in, so if there are any questions that I can answer, just let me know.

Did you defer the interview because of your acceptance at UF? Congrats with that by the way!!

Best wishes!

I didn't defer it, I scheduled it for the next Monday that was available which is 11/19. I got my master's from FSU, and was super pleased with all of my professors, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got to offer and also when it comes down to it, seeing what kind of financial aid I can receive.

Napoletana, I know this gets asked a lot around these forums but what were your stats? Where'd you do your undergrad and what'd you do a Masters in? Thanks so much

Accepted this morning!

Still having a hard time registering it...hopefully the alcohol will help with that.

Accepted this morning!

Still having a hard time registering it...hopefully the alcohol will help with that.

It took me from acceptance until the end of first year to really register it. At times, I still feel like they are going to tell me there was a mistake. Same with some of the interviews being offered now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew due to an acceptance near my hometown! Good luck to you all!

II today at 2:35 PM. Put on hold last year after being interviewed (and falling, rather deeply I'll admit, in love with FSU COM) in February. First available Nov. 19th :)

congrats to you!
if you don't mind, when were you complete? I've been waiting here for something from them, hoping and hoping that they just haven't gotten around to meeee - I was complete almost 2 months ago (9/4)!

I withdrew my application. Good luck to everyone still applying!

congrats to you!
if you don't mind, when were you complete? I've been waiting here for something from them, hoping and hoping that they just haven't gotten around to meeee - I was complete almost 2 months ago (9/4)!

Thank you :)
Application Complete on 7/23! Best of luck to you (and congratulations on an acceptance!!!)

I had a quick question for you FSU undergrad alums (Human Science Majors) who were just accepted to FSU CoM: did Anatomy & Physiology or any other PET-prefix class factor into your science GPA?

Last edited:
II today at 2:35 PM. Put on hold last year after being interviewed (and falling, rather deeply I'll admit, in love with FSU COM) in February. First available Nov. 19th :)

Was this the only school you interviewed at last year?

I have been complete since JULY!!!!.. IS..Has anyone tried sending an update or LOI...any luck? Anyone else in this position? Loosing hope!

Completed secondary really late. End of January is when I might get antsy. I waited over 3 months before my invite long ago.

I'm on the same boat! -_-

lol Hoping we hear back soon!!! :)

Hey how did the interview go? was it open or clsoed file? any advice? I just found out i got an interview today for this friday.

The interview is VERY laid back. They're both one-on-one and open file. They're also scheduled for one hour each, but it did not seem like that at all to me. Just be yourself and answer questions honestly. It sounds extremely cliche (because it is), but it is the truth. Also, do a little research on current events in healthcare. FSU makes it perfectly clear that they are committed to primary care and bringing healthcare to those that need it most (especially here in FL). I hope this little bit helps. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Last edited:
If you don't get that message during the interview, trust me, they will make it perfectly clear when you start school. ;)

I was complete on 8/3 and just got the II today. But I withdrew due to acceptances at schools higher on my list. Good luck to those still holding out for an II!

Accepted this morning (compulsive refreshing of status page told me first, followed by email at 12:54p)!!!

So incredibly thankful/blessed/ecstatic. To all of you still holding out for interviews/acceptance/wait listers/etc., hang in there. After being told no x 7 last year, wait lists this year, today's acceptance brings welcomed relief. You can do it too! Keep strivin' :)

Accepted this morning (compulsive refreshing of status page told me first, followed by email at 12:54p)!!!

So incredibly thankful/blessed/ecstatic. To all of you still holding out for interviews/acceptance/wait listers/etc., hang in there. After being told no x 7 last year, wait lists this year, today's acceptance brings welcomed relief. You can do it too! Keep strivin' :)

+1 :thumbup: Congratulations

I submitted my secondary in early October along with my photo and LORs. The photo and LORs took like a month to get marked received. But, I have not received an email that has marked me complete. Did you guys get a complete email or anything to indicate that your app was being reviewed?

I submitted my secondary in early October along with my photo and LORs. The photo and LORs took like a month to get marked received. But, I have not received an email that has marked me complete. Did you guys get a complete email or anything to indicate that your app was being reviewed?
on your status page (where you filled out your secondary) it will tell you if you are complete and under review

Much appreciated

after reading your thread, I checked and that is where I'm at.... they've had my required materials for almost 2 months and yet the status page has my LORs marked at November 9th...Doesn't say complete or such yet - I guess I will refuse to think about it and go to all the other interviews with a cheerful attitude in hopes of a glorious email after Christmas or .....

after reading your thread, I checked and that is where I'm at.... they've had my required materials for almost 2 months and yet the status page has my LORs marked at November 9th...Doesn't say complete or such yet - I guess I will refuse to think about it and go to all the other interviews with a cheerful attitude in hopes of a glorious email after Christmas or .....

Ya I feel you. Its pretty frustrating. I called the admissions office and they told me to send an email to them regarding my app status. I sent three emails over the last month and a half and no response. I submitted late though so I guess I can't complain. Good Luck at your interviews

I just emailed them today because it seemed like the progress of my app just stopped dead. After I emailed them, they processed the letters they received after my first batch of letters went through. They also told me that they were waiting on my MCAT scores, and that they needed to be valid within 3 years of matriculation. However, their website says that their MCAT requirement is 3 years prior to application.

http://med.fsu.edu/index.cfm?page=mdAdmissions.admissionRequirements#mcat

I'm slightly confused my the descrepency. Guess I may be out of luck with my 2009 score?

Ya I feel you. Its pretty frustrating. I called the admissions office and they told me to send an email to them regarding my app status. I sent three emails over the last month and a half and no response. I submitted late though so I guess I can't complain. Good Luck at your interviews

I know how frustrating the admissions process can be. I was in the same boat as you during my app. year. However, I must advocate caution when emailing admissions committees at any school. You never want to send an email without forethought and deliberation. Sending too many emails will get you labeled as a "badgering" applicant, which will not win you any favor with the committee. I wish you the best in the process. Remember it is long and requires a lot of patience.

If you have to ask yourself "Am I being annoying with this emails?" then you should probably ease up a bit. Think about it from their perspective. If you had control of admissions into some organization, how many emails would you want from a person before telling them to chill out because it is getting annoying?

I know how frustrating the admissions process can be. I was in the same boat as you during my app. year. However, I must advocate caution when emailing admissions committees at any school. You never want to send an email without forethought and deliberation. Sending too many emails will get you labeled as a "badgering" applicant, which will not win you any favor with the committee. I wish you the best in the process. Remember it is long and requires a lot of patience.

If you have to ask yourself "Am I being annoying with this emails?" then you should probably ease up a bit. Think about it from their perspective. If you had control of admissions into some organization, how many emails would you want from a person before telling them to chill out because it is getting annoying?

I appreciate the advice/encouragement. Needless to say, I won't be sending anymore emails regarding my status. I don't think that my previous emails will be seen in a negative light given their content. But who knows, I may be doomed.

Just wondering if anyone has started a FB group for the class of 2017 or knows of one? Ive been keeping an eye out and have not noticed one yet.

My application was completed 9/19 and I still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to think I won't be hearing anything at all, which is sad because I really like FSU and Tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.