2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$130 secondary fee :eek:

Oh well. It's worth it. YOAO (you only apply once... hopefully) :)

Members don't see this ad.

$130 secondary fee :eek:

Oh well. It's worth it. YOAO (you only apply once... hopefully) :)
Haha reapplicant here. Womp Womp... How about this: YOAEO : you only apply early once

Members don't see this ad :)
have all verified applicants received the secondary already? been verified here for almost a week and not a peep Gtown.

I've been verified since June 6th and haven't gotten one.

does anyone know how commonly applicants answer the further information section?

I know this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but just leave those questions blank unless you think there is somethng important to add.

I had 1 tough semester where my GPA fell a bit. I am using these questions to address that.

I disagree. Cura personalis is a critical part of their mission and it would make sense for them to select individuals who in some way identify with this principle. I have no Jesuit background but upon researching the concept of cura personalis online, I feel like it is something that would really make for a great medical education.

As someone mentioned earlier, it's true that most physicians are not trained to treat the non-physical factors causing disease BUT wouldn't it be great if more physicians were trained in that? Disregarding psychological and socioeconomic determinants of health are one of the key reasons for the disparity of health care in areas across the United States, in my opinion.

The basic premise of cura personalis is the mission of 99.9% of DO schools. Are you applying to DO schools? If not, then you are full of crap and should not mention it.

does anyone know how commonly applicants answer the further information section?

I'm putting something in the optional essay on every secondary. But I have low stats, so I need all the help I can get.

what are you putting? something that you left out of amcas?

Edit: No wait, that was one of their essay questions.

I wrote about a personal obstacle and how I'm more awesome now because of it.

mmm ic thanks for the input!

i have a challenge/ethical dilemma essay related to healthcare decision making that my readers have thought is pretty good, and it would show that it would make me a better physician. is this enough to warrant me putting it in the optional section?

Members don't see this ad :)
mmm ic thanks for the input!

i have a challenge/ethical dilemma essay related to healthcare decision making that my readers have thought is pretty good, and it would show that it would make me a better physician. is this enough to warrant me putting it in the optional section?

Sure.

Is no one having trouble getting near 5000 characters? I'm stuck at 3000 exactly...

think thats too little? 5000 is really a lot, when you are simply relating your experiences and goals to their curriculum, motto, etc...

Is no one having trouble getting near 5000 characters? I'm stuck at 3000 exactly...

think thats too little? 5000 is really a lot, when you are simply relating your experiences and goals to their curriculum, motto, etc...

As a Jesuit undergrad, I could write quite a bit more than 5k characters regarding cura personalis and stuff, but I really don't think it's necessary. Shorter than 5k is fine provided it's meaningful.

Quality over quantity. Dont ruin your genuine 3000 characters by following them up with 2000 more that are straight up BS.

Quality over quantity. Dont ruin your genuine 3000 characters by following them up with 2000 more that are straight up BS.

Yes. I talked about my service in Haiti in 2500 words. It worked out well for me last year.

Remember there are over 10k apps. If its short, succinct and to the point, I'm sure the deans would love it.

Yes. I talked about my service in Haiti in 2500 words. It worked out well for me last year.

Remember there are over 10k apps. If its short, succinct and to the point, I'm sure the deans would love it.

2500 words?? I'm assuming you meant "characters" there, right???

I'm waiting for a secondary. Although I did just submit my AMCAS on the 15th

Let's see when I can get a complete email. I literally submitted the moment they corrected the name issue.

Let's see when I can get a complete email. I literally submitted the moment they corrected the name issue.

+1 some schools take forever. "cough cough" Einstein. Submitted 6/29 and still not complete

I was definitely not immediate - I only revisited the application after seeing posts on this thread that the application was working.

so i got my email about the secondary earlier w the PIN and everything, i logged in and started saving a few things in my app. just a few minutes ago I got another set of 2 emails that were a duplicate of the first except they had a different PIN. i'm confused. did this happen to anyone else? i'm going to call tomorrow depending on what happens when I try to log in with my old PIN..

I just got the email with the secondary, but the last/first name problem is back again. i thought they fixed that?

so i got my email about the secondary earlier w the PIN and everything, i logged in and started saving a few things in my app. just a few minutes ago I got another set of 2 emails that were a duplicate of the first except they had a different PIN. i'm confused. did this happen to anyone else? i'm going to call tomorrow depending on what happens when I try to log in with my old PIN..

Let us know what they say? I definitely got two emails, although I won't be going in until later in the week.

Seems like it could be a computer glitch; I'd contact the admissions office now to sort it out, as it might take a few days for them to get around to your email.

Let us know what they say? I definitely got two emails, although I won't be going in until later in the week.
yeah they do originally send 2 emails, one just has your password. i got a duplicate set of the 2 emails, so a total of 4. i'll let you know

yeah they do originally send 2 emails, one just has your password. i got a duplicate set of the 2 emails, so a total of 4. i'll let you know

Georgetown did this a few times last year. I got about 8 e-mails. Don't fret you are fine.

Yea, I'm quite aware of this... I should have been clearer in my post.

Georgetown did this a few times last year. I got about 8 e-mails. Don't fret you are fine.

Thanks for this information... although it's still a little troubling

I can log in, but don't see any application. Just tells me it's "not submitted." WIth that said, I'm working on the essays and was wondering how it's set up. 5000 characters including spaces? Is it strict to that number? There was a post earlier that made it seem like you upload a file or something (someone said something about it being a page or so?).

lol I had the same problem, you have to click on the word "application." i felt really dumb when I finally figured that out haha

lol I had the same problem, you have to click on the word "application." i felt really dumb when I finally figured that out haha

Hahahah thanks! These secondaries are absolutely terrible

Wow I really need to get started working on this secondary....it looks like everyone else is already complete

Status
Not open for further replies.