2012-2013 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update Boerboel. Congrats and also good luck at another school :)

Has anyone heard anything from Loma Linda this week?

Members don't see this ad.

The biomed students got their acceptances/rejections into medschool this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I heard

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Boerboel. Congrats and also good luck at another school :)

Has anyone heard anything from Loma Linda this week?

Accepted off the waitlist today! :D Came out of the blue and she didn't give me any information about how the class is filling or anything. Sorry I don't have any helpful information for anyone else but things are still moving! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Accepted off the waitlist today! :D Came out of the blue and she didn't give me any information about how the class is filling or anything. Sorry I don't have any helpful information for anyone else but things are still moving! Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Congratulations!

Whoops...didn't realize I was applying to the BYU of medical schools. Oh well - one less set of secondaries to write!

Whoops...didn't realize I was applying to the BYU of medical schools. Oh well - one less set of secondaries to write!

This school is not affiliated in any way shape or form with the LDS.

I meant in terms of the severe lifestyle restrictions implied in their secondary prompt:

Loma Linda University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution that has lifestyle expectations that include abstinence from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms. In the past year, have you used any of these substances? If so, which one(s)? (250 characters max)

If accepted to LLUSM, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of Loma Linda University School of Medicine? (250 characters max)

Any wait listers still out there that heard anything this last week? And does anyone know if the admissions office notifies you before July 29th if they aren't going to accept you off the wait list? Or do you just receive a letter around then?

Any wait listers still out there that heard anything this last week? And does anyone know if the admissions office notifies you before July 29th if they aren't going to accept you off the wait list? Or do you just receive a letter around then?

So I know some people got accepted off the wait list a couple weeks ago, but that's all I know...

I'm still waiting too. Is there anyone who got accepted this month?

Members don't see this ad :)
And @Wonderdog, are you starting MS1 in August or were already a med student there?

MS1! Woot!

Nice. Prob see ya August 1st. Have you been able to get your books? I cannot get the website to tell me which books go along with which classes? I just want to buy the books for anatomy and orientation to medicine. Everything else is a bit superfluous I hear.

Nice. Prob see ya August 1st. Have you been able to get your books? I cannot get the website to tell me which books go along with which classes? I just want to buy the books for anatomy and orientation to medicine. Everything else is a bit superfluous I hear.

I'm holding off getting anything until I hear more information from the school.

So for us waitlisters out there, are spots only available if someone drops out or defers for a year at this point? I spoke to Ms. Edwards last week and she said that we would NOT be notified prior to Aug. 1 if we don't get accepted, and it's via snail mail..:confused:

So for us waitlisters out there, are spots only available if someone drops out or defers for a year at this point? I spoke to Ms. Edwards last week and she said that we would NOT be notified prior to Aug. 1 if we don't get accepted, and it's via snail mail..:confused:

So at this point, yes, if someone drops out and defers, and you're the next one on the list, you're going to get a phone call/email. But honestly, at this point, it's unlikely :(

so I guess they already picked a few waitlisters this month or no spots are too full for any of us? Anything could happen though... Someone I know got invited to their biomed program while she was waitlisted. Did they offer you a biomed spot?

Hello. I'm an incoming first year dental student. Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I would like a place close to the school.

Hello. I'm an incoming first year dental student. Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I would like a place close to the school.

There is a dental school Facebook group for your class. You should find that group and ask there.

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble interpreting the difference between question 1 and 2 on the secondary:

1. Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM). (750 characters max)

2. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you? (750 characters max)

I personally was thinking number 1 is asking how you hear about LLUSM (like from friend), and number 2 is the generic "why this school"

Any thoughts are appreciated :D

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble interpreting the difference between question 1 and 2 on the secondary:

1. Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM). (750 characters max)

2. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you? (750 characters max)

I personally was thinking number 1 is asking how you hear about LLUSM (like from friend), and number 2 is the generic "why this school"

Any thoughts are appreciated :D

sounds about right. that is how i approached them.

Status
Not open for further replies.