2012-2013 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case you are wondering what LLUSM students do in their spare time...

Here's a first year at LLU who just was on Who Want's to Be a Millionaire...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YjJgSWQkd4[/YOUTUBE]

And here's a second year who just won tons of loot on The Price Is Right...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFF8rGF2TJM[/YOUTUBE]
Hahaha!! That's so funny! What are the chances?

Members don't see this ad.

II today!!!!! AHHHHHH I'm beyond excited!!!!! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received II, when did you complete?

Congrats!! What dates were available when you tried to schedule??

I grabbed the first date offered to me...Nov.28. There were two interview slots times...10-3pm and 11-4pm...all info is supposed to be sent through email...guess they don't do snail mail anymore :)

For those who received II, when did you complete?

Complete 10/28...info is in my MDApps

Last edited:
jcaptian, if you dont mind me asking, are you SDA??

There's no shame in asking :) you probably figured it out on your own with the early interview date and quick turnaround. I have to admit even as SDA the turnaround caught me off guard. I was hoping for an early interview but i didn't think I'd get an II until another couple of weeks. Don't think that's usual even for SDA. I don't have amazing numbers but I do have nice EC's and was sincere in all my essays. I guess they saw something they liked. They definitely give a holistic review to our applications which is nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent them an in the area email since I'll be interviewing elsewhere somewhat nearby. I'll let everyone know what happens as soon as I receive a response.

Seventh Day Adventist, this school is a private religious institution that gives priority to those with the same faith before considering those outside the faith.

So you have to be specifically a SDA to be given a head start on the interviews? Other Christian denominations would be considered non-SDA?

Thanks.

So you have to be specifically a SDA to be given a head start on the interviews? Other Christian denominations would be considered non-SDA?

Thanks.

I believe this is correct. Other Christian denominations would be non-SDA, unfortunately

Thanks.

Yea, SDA's usually get interview invites sooner than later, but just remember, they don't accept you more than usual if you are an SDA. Being SDA doesn't wipe out a bad MCAT or low GPA, so when acceptances start going out toward the end of December, you'll see a mix of candidates. SDA's appear to be accepted earlier through the rolling admissions process, as those with good stats are accepted earlier since they were interviewed earlier. Am I making any sense at all? lol

I wonder if they consider converts...

As in converts to SDA? They go based on what you put on your application so if that's what you meant then yea!

This makes a lot of sense. When I called 2 weeks ago to schedule my interview (non-SDA), the first available slot was in December and the other two were in January. Didn't get the November option. Regardless, congrats on the interviews guys!!

*sigh*... when am I ever going to hear back from Loma Linda??? ARRRRGGGGGGG

*sigh*... when am I ever going to hear back from Loma Linda??? ARRRRGGGGGGG
+1
images

Finally got a reply to my in the area email: "You're under review, which could last until March 2013. We will email you when a decision is made."

I'll spare you the reposting of the sad Panda and refer you to the above. :-(

Finally got a reply to my in the area email: "You're under review, which could last until March 2013. We will email you when a decision is made."

I'll spare you the reposting of the sad Panda and refer you to the above. :-(

I'm even more worried now because it's already November, and I'm applying as a Canadian. /sad Panda

Got an email this morning stating my file is complete and I will be notified by postal mail when it has been reviewed.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxopsRSfdU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

One of my all time fav worship songs.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cAvqByM1Fk[/YOUTUBE]

Another great song that I love. Good luck everyone.

You guys are awesome. Though I've been accepted elsewhere, Loma Linda still ranks at the top of my list purely because of the spiritual community it offers =)

I will say that it is so hard to throw up my hands and surrender. :D

Trying very hard to suppress that neurotic premed aspect of myself and just trust in Him.

Anyone experience this? Or am I alone?

For those of you interested, I am non-SDA (but Christian) and I received my II by email on the 10/16. So maybe those of you still waiting might get one before Jan. :)

I will say that it is so hard to throw up my hands and surrender. :D

Trying very hard to suppress that neurotic premed aspect of myself and just trust in Him.

Anyone experience this? Or am I alone?

Well as Christians I think we all experience this. Not sure how many Christians are out there on SDN but in such a crazy process its important to "Trust and Obey" and just put all your faith in God. If this is His plan for you life....to be a physician...it will happen. Its tough to remember that when there is so much panic around us. Whenever I get overwhelmed I like to read Matthew Ch.6:25-34. Basically "Let go, and Let God". Don't worry, He'll place us where we need to be.

Don't mean to be preachy...just thought I'd share some of my thoughts :)

Oh! and congrats on your interview!

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks mate :) I'll get back on here after its done and give you all the scoop.

Just in case you are wondering what LLUSM students do in their spare time...

Here's a first year at LLU who just was on Who Want's to Be a Millionaire...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YjJgSWQkd4[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, hey, that's me. :luck:

Good luck to all you folk waiting! It's...a doozy out here, I'll tell you that much.

Oh, hey, that's me. :luck:

Good luck to all you folk waiting! It's...a doozy out here, I'll tell you that much.

Haha good work!! Was fun watching you on millionaire! Now here's my confession... That was me in the Price is Right video! ;)

@Guero btw, I just saw on your mdapp that you play chess. Maybe we can have a game sometime? I play on chesscube.com

Did anyone else get the "Thank you for your interest in LLU" email today? I wonder if this is to placate us in the meantime until they get to the rest of the non-SDA applicants.

Did anyone else get the "Thank you for your interest in LLU" email today? I wonder if this is to placate us in the meantime until they get to the rest of the non-SDA applicants.

I received one as well. It seems like an automate message to all those who applied.

I got one too...is this just a soft rejection? You know, "Thanks for your interest in the SOM, but check out all the other options we've got." Seems kinda suspicious. Has this e-mail gone out earlier in the cycle too, or is this the first time? It says: "We look forward to communicating with you more in the future." What does that mean?

I got one too...is this just a soft rejection? You know, "Thanks for your interest in the SOM, but check out all the other options we've got." Seems kinda suspicious. Has this e-mail gone out earlier in the cycle too, or is this the first time? It says: "We look forward to communicating with you more in the future." What does that mean?

Maybe it's a good thing! I sure would love to hear something back right around now...

Nah i doubt it is a soft rejection. I received one and I have an interview.

I got one also. I think it's just what it says it is. Automated find out more type link.

^ I got nothin
Did you check your spam folder? I also got one and started reading it with the "Oh, no, hear it comes" attitude, but was pleasantly surprised not to find the "We will not be considering your application further" spiel. *phwew!*

Did you check your spam folder? I also got one and started reading it with the "Oh, no, hear it comes" attitude, but was pleasantly surprised not to find the "We will not be considering your application further" spiel. *phwew!*

never mind... the thank you email came to my inbox at 3:00 am in the morning :laugh:

I got the same sick feeling. Relieved to see I'm still in the running. As mentioned earlier I'm sure this is just what it appears to be, a mass email with a link for applicants to learn more. Just not sure why we are seeing it at this point in the application process.

I got the same sick feeling. Relieved to see I'm still in the running. As mentioned earlier I'm sure this is just what it appears to be, a mass email with a link for applicants to learn more. Just not sure why we are seeing it at this point in the application process.
Yeah, I really don't understand its purpose. In an utterly non offensive tone, it just seems like a waste of energy, you know?

gah! ok i've been lurking for a long time, but these past few posts scared me =(

did EVERYONE get the email yesterday? my inbox has no LLU love! not in spam/trash either.

i did, however, get a different email yesterday confirming the receipt of a LOI i sent in a few days ago. it's only one line, though: "This is to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail."

i'm wondering (hoping?) if they just didn't want to send another email after that receipt message. would anyone mind pasting the content of yesterday's email here? thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.