2012-2013 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be an odd question, but does anyone know if stritch conducts pre-matriculation drug tests?
Not sure about that, but did come across some pretty good D.A.R.E. slogans:

Don't Huff, Don't Puff. Keep away from that stuff!
Lions, and Tigers and Bears oh my…Drinking and Smoking and Drugs? Goodbye!
Reach for the Stars not Drugs
Smoking the dope won't help you cope
Shoot for the Stars not your arms

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about that, but did come across some pretty good D.A.R.E. slogans:

Don’t Huff, Don’t Puff. Keep away from that stuff!
Lions, and Tigers and Bears oh my…Drinking and Smoking and Drugs? Goodbye!
Reach for the Stars not Drugs
Smoking the dope won’t help you cope
Shoot for the Stars not your arms

returned to check on any potential WL movement happening, read this instead. makes a deinite improvement on the boards. i dont even care ab WL movement, made my day.

This may be an odd question, but does anyone know if stritch conducts pre-matriculation drug tests?

Class of 2015 wasn't tested and I don't think 16 was either. You should be good :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if Loyola over-accepted again this year.

Supposedly the dean said something about there definitely being waitlist movement this year after they had a class of 157 last year, but so far it looks like this year might not be any different. Hopefully things can still change though...

I wonder why he would say something like that. He really has no way of knowing who will accept or reject an acceptance. It seems many schools are in the same situation.

I wonder why he would say something like that. He really has no way of knowing who will accept or reject an acceptance. It seems many schools are in the same situation.

I think it was probably based on a simple round number of percentage of those accepted who ended up matriculating last year. The dean probably assumed if they accept x less this year they should have y of those matriculate and then z spots for the waitlists. No way to know for sure, you're right about that.

They outright accepted around 20 to 30 fewer students this year. I've heard of one person getting off the waitlist so it is moving but by how much I have no idea.

Do you know when she was notified?
Anyone else heard anything about WL movement yet?

Just got accepted off the WL today!!
If you're like me you were checking this constantly so I thought I'd let y'all know.
So to everyone who's wondering it is moving.

Just got accepted off the WL today!!
If you're like me you were checking this constantly so I thought I'd let y'all know.
So to everyone who's wondering it is moving.

Congrats!!:thumbup:

Have we passed the time for most of the WL movement? Is there still a chance that people will withdraw over the coming weeks and more spots will open up?

Hi guys, just wondering if there's anyone out there going to Loyola, Rush, or UIC who would be interested in rooming together. I won't actually be a student at the med school but I'm a full-time research assistant at Rush so I want to split the rent with someone while still living in a decent/safe neighborhood. Any takers?

I'm looking for a male roommate to split a two bedroom with.
Also, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I tried to look for a roommate forum but there wasnt one. Please redirect me if there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.