2012-2013 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I will be the first to say that I am applying here this upcoming cycle. Where is everyone at? It's June. I know they have a later application deadline, but no other brave souls?

I am reapplying this cycle. Hopefully better luck this year!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im also applying here for this cycle! Taking my mcat in August! Good luck everyone!!!

same here im taking mine early august as well...its a retake so Im trying to boost my previous poor score from last year...

I'm applying to Morehouse as well it's my number one choice. Does anyone know the essay topics for the secondary application?

Still waiting on the secondary...:(

Is anyone else having trouble paying? It says that my credit card number could not be verified though I tried 2 different cards.

So what are peoples reasons for going to this school? that is one of the questions to state your key motivational factors for going to morehouse

So what are peoples reasons for going to this school? that is one of the questions to state your key motivational factors for going to morehouse

You should go to the website and find out which of the school's values you connect with. Anything we tell you is based upon what we connect with which is of no help to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im also having trouble paying anyone find out a solution? Im on the phone with them now on hold...

so they said they are having some technical difficulty with the payment option so they will email everyone when they have resolved it.

Any essays on secondary?

Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the committee on admission in the consideration of your application. 2000 characters.

Anyone else having trouble finding the picture form after you submit?
There's no link :confused:

I just managed to submit without paying the application fee. I just clicked "Application is Complete" and it told me that the app was submitted. Anyone else getting this? (And btw I did try to submit and pay on Monday but their payment system didn't work and my credit card never got charged).

Anyone else having trouble finding the picture form after you submit?
There's no link :confused:

Yes, I am having trouble finding the picture form as well. Let me know if you get any updates please.

I just managed to submit without paying the application fee. I just clicked "Application is Complete" and it told me that the app was submitted. Anyone else getting this? (And btw I did try to submit and pay on Monday but their payment system didn't work and my credit card never got charged).

I also did not get the option to pay the application fee.

+1 no picture form and submitted app with no payment. I don't think I even saw a payment tab.

I am applying as well, Morehouse is definitely my top choice! I am waiting on my MCAT scores from a mid-July administration, so I had to step away from SDN while I waited. For those of you that have received secondaries, when was your AMCAS app verified? Also, has anyone posted the secondary prompts yet?

I am applying as well, Morehouse is definitely my top choice! I am waiting on my MCAT scores from a mid-July administration, so I had to step away from SDN while I waited. For those of you that have received secondaries, when was your AMCAS app verified? Also, has anyone posted the secondary prompts yet?

Hi Gagurl, Morehouse is my top choice as well!! I submitted my AMCAS app for EDP on 7/17/12 and it was processed just a couple hours after that. Unsure of the response time for regular admission. The prompt for secondary is in one of the above posts....basically it asks WHY MOREHOUSE?

+1 no picture form and submitted app with no payment. I don't think I even saw a payment tab.

+1. I didn't see any picture form link either. I know the email they sent out says to mail them our application fee, but how much is it even? So confusing.

C'mon Morehouse step up your game.

Hi Gagurl, Morehouse is my top choice as well!! I submitted my AMCAS app for EDP on 7/17/12 and it was processed just a couple hours after that. Unsure of the response time for regular admission. The prompt for secondary is in one of the above posts....basically it asks WHY MOREHOUSE?

Thanks Luyinniya! I did not apply EDP...so maybe that is the reason for the delay. I submitted my AMCAS on 7/3/12 and still has not been verified....eek!

Is the 2000 character limit on the essay portion including spaces??

Hey guys, how many characters did you put for the explanation for Part A to D of Medical Careers? It has a 32,000 character limit.

Hey guys, how many characters did you put for the explanation for Part A to D of Medical Careers? It has a 32,000 character limit.

I stuck with 2000 for everything in case the 32 was a typo.

i wrote way past 2,000

pretty sure 32,000 means you can write as much as you want....
submitted without problems
:thumbup:

I stayed under the 2000 limit just in case it was a typo.

Has anyone who applied for EDP received a complete app email yet?

I have yet to receive anything from Morehouse.
The thing about this process is that it's such a waiting game. When you don't hear anything, your mind works overtime and you start thinking, "Do they not want me? Why haven't I heard anything back?! I'm rejected, aren't I?" haha

I have to remind myself to calm down and take a breather. lol

Last edited:
I have yet to receive anything from Morehouse.
The thing about this process is that it's such a waiting game. When you don't hear anything, your mind works overtime and you start thinking, "Do they not want me? Why haven't heard anything back?! I'm rejected, aren't I?" haha

I have to remind myself to calm down and take a breather. lol

I COMPLETELY understand. I dont think I've ever paid this much attention to my email before lol but like you I have to just cut my mind off and do something else to take my mind off of it. Good luck to you though!!!!

I COMPLETELY understand. I dont think I've ever paid this much attention to my email before lol but like you I have to just cut my mind off and do something else to take my mind off of it. Good luck to you though!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

Ironically, I just got a secondary invite from Morehouse. haha

did anyone only receive an email titled 'invitation to submit supplemental application'? They included a link but it doesn't work. The email only talked about sending the application fee via money order or check.
I called the office, the guy basically just blew me off. So I'm super confused...

did anyone only receive an email titled 'invitation to submit supplemental application'? They included a link but it doesn't work. The email only talked about sending the application fee via money order or check.
I called the office, the guy basically just blew me off. So I'm super confused...

There were 2 emails with that subject. The first one had a link to the secondary website. The second one said the online payment system was not working so please mail in the payment. So you need to find the first email you received.

The secondary app fee is $50? Getting the money order now

There were 2 emails with that subject. The first one had a link to the secondary website. The second one said the online payment system was not working so please mail in the payment. So you need to find the first email you received.
I only recieved one email that had the secondary link and the thing about the money order. I dug through all my email haha.

is this the link that everyone got?
https://ssbanner.msm.edu:9010/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispNewApp

I only recieved one email that had the secondary link and the thing about the money order. I dug through all my email haha.

is this the link that everyone got?
https://ssbanner.msm.edu:9010/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispNewApp

Yes that is the correct link. If it wont open for you still, you may have to open it on a different computer or with Firefox. For some reason it says page cannot be displayed on one computer but on my laptob the link works just fine. Hope that helps!

Yes that is the correct link. If it wont open for you still, you may have to open it on a different computer or with Firefox. For some reason it says page cannot be displayed on one computer but on my laptob the link works just fine. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I'll try it on other computer >.< Hopefully it works.

Interesting...I hope they got the ones submitted online.

It isn't online anymore? I haven't received any email regarding sending a paper version, and I can still access the online version. What should I do? Super confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.