2012-2013 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
The secondary was oddly formatted but I powered through it and got it submitted.

No insta e-mail though

Just got it and submitted it. Probably the easiest secondary I've filled out to date.

Members don't see this ad :)
No confirmation email...I find that odd.

It says we can check our status on the home page, but I can't find the link. Anybody else see it?

Verified 7/30
SR 8/3
Complete 8/3

Sometimes going through these poorly designed secondary websites reminds me of browsing old school 90's websites.

LOL, yea, the instructions are confusing and hidden.

Does it say that they received your application? mine says:

Your verified AMCAS application was received.
A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/03/2012.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/03/2012.

it doesn't really say that they got my secondary or that I am complete.. is that everyone else's experience too?

I have a committee packet with all my science faculty LORs along with letters from volunteer postions. Does anyone know we need to itemize each letter in our committee packet or do we just note that we have a committee letter?

Thanks!

A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/03/2012.

it doesn't really say that they got my secondary or that I am complete.. is that everyone else's experience too?

Yeah that's how mine is. But seeing as how it's been 5 minutes since I submitted, I'm not worried :p

Yeah that's how mine is. But seeing as how it's been 5 minutes since I submitted, I'm not worried :p

+1 There's lots of things to stress about applying to med school, but you should always take a minute to enjoy clicking submit to send off another secondary. Just my take on secondaries

:lol: there really isn't an embarrassed face haha... I just didn't know if it was automatic and I missed something! I've got serious application paranoia

I have a committee packet with all my science faculty LORs along with letters from volunteer postions. Does anyone know we need to itemize each letter in our committee packet or do we just note that we have a committee letter?

Thanks!

Read the instructions they link you to. It explicitly details it there :)

:lol: there really isn't an embarrassed face haha... I just didn't know if it was automatic and I missed something! I've got serious application paranoia

Haha don't worry I get the same way. It's good to know you're not alone, takes a load off :)

If you scroll down under your LORs there is a line that says your secondary app has been received and is under review.

Thanks!

I think you just have to note that there is a committee letter

Ya serious paranoia that I missed something but knock on wood haha and I got that same message

"Your verified AMCAS application was received.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/03/2012. "

You gotta wait till Monday for the admissions office to check that your file is complete then itll show up

I submitted half an hour ago, but I don't know if it's actually through. I pressed the 'complete' button but there's not confirmation email. It just redirected me to their website. Is that how it worked for everyone else too?

For the fee waiver, do we just need to print off that page and check the fee waiver box, or should we also include the email from AMCAS confirming the fee waiver was awarded?

I submitted half an hour ago, but I don't know if it's actually through. I pressed the 'complete' button but there's not confirmation email. It just redirected me to their website. Is that how it worked for everyone else too?

For the fee waiver, do we just need to print off that page and check the fee waiver box, or should we also include the email from AMCAS confirming the fee waiver was awarded?

I got redirected to their site too.

And yea, I just checked the fee waiver box, but I sent them an email forwarding my confirmation email from AMCAS (hoping that'll be okay) :)

Quick Question, if our letters do not come from a professor from a class, but comes from research lab or from physicians, what do you put as credits earned and course number and all that? I put down N/A for the hours, but it says you have to put down a number

Quick Question, if our letters do not come from a professor from a class, but comes from research lab or from physicians, what do you put as credits earned and course number and all that? I put down N/A for the hours, but it says you have to put down a number

Is this for individual letters of rec?

I haven't been verified on AMCAS yet, but I received the email for the secondary. Is this normal?

I put 0 and it accepted that and just showed up as blank.

I put 0 and it accepted that and just showed up as blank.

Okay paranoia...that was for the LOR section right if inputting in individually? lol

I think you just have to note that there is a committee letter

Yeah I wasn't sure about this either. I just entered my school name and left the rest blank.

Done. Seems like most of us were in this last batch for some reason. :luck:

MoDJester, that just happened to me too.

The sender is @nmyc.edu and the email includes my AMCAS ID so it seems legit...

Last edited:
So if we have a committee letter we just write our college name and that's it?

Yeah I wasn't sure about this either. I just entered my school name and left the rest blank.

Don't stress, If you have a committee letter the directions say that you don't need to fill in the individual evaluators!

Received and submitted. You know you have spent too much money on applications when you've memorized your credit card number.

If I'm not non-trad but I do not have a non-science letter, can I substitute with the ER volunteer letter, research letter or a homeless group volunteer letter?

Thanks!!

If I'm not non-trad but I do not have a non-science letter, can I substitute with the ER volunteer letter, research letter or a homeless group volunteer letter?

Thanks!!

You'd have to email them, I don't think anybody on here can answer that for you.

Hey guys,

Kinda new at this. I got a secondary too, but I'm kinda confused about filling out the credit hours earned, do they just mean the units earned? So if the course is 4 Units, I just enter 4?

Thanks!!

What address did you guys use to send the check/fee waiver? There's no address number given. They say to send it to:

New York Medical College
Office of Admissions
Valhalla, NY 10595

Is that the right address?

Status
Not open for further replies.