2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[Ohio State University: 12/20 - via email from POI]

Has anyone heard from OSU as well?

Members don't see this ad.

On a related note- does anyone know if programs communicate with each other so that interview dates don't overlap? Should we be wary of RSVPin to each interview invite as it comes in?

I applied to 10 schools back in 2007. I got 2 interviews out of the 10 and both happened to be the same weekend. I split my time between the two, went to one interview on Friday and the second on Saturday. I feel that I missed out on a lot by doing that, but had no alternative. I ended up being wait listed at both schools and then eventually accepted off the wait list by my second choice program. Good luck to all !

I'm new to the forum, I have applied to 11 Counseling Psychology Programs this fall:

Indiana University
University of Iowa
Boston College
University of Kentucky
University of Wisconsin -Milwaukee
Western Michigan University
Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
University of Missouri-Kansas City
New Mexico State University
University of Akron
University of Memphis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To date I've received an invite from:

School Name: UW-Milwaukee
Degree Type: PhD
Track: Counseling Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/19
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: POI
Interview Date: 1/29/2013 (in person)

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this forum, best of luck to all applicants!

Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: Oklahoma State University
Degree: PhD
Type: Lifespan / Developmental
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/28/2012
How were you notified: Individual email from Program Chair
Interview Date: February 9th; also, dinner that evening

Everyone hanging in there okay waiting for interview invites? My constant obsessive checking these forums has slowed down a bit because of the holidays, but I'll probably pick the terrible habit back up after the first of the year.

haha I'm in the exact same position. And I totally agree, I should definitely postpone my anxieties till after NYE celebrations.

Good luck to everyone! I remember how stressful this process was when I was applying,

Also, one of my friends who is applying this year received an interview from VA Tech a couple weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date she heard and I don't know the interview dates, but I do know that the interview is for the clinical program and she was notified by phone from her POI.

Has anyone here heard from Arizona State University? Someone posted on grad cafe. Thanks so much for the info.

Just got an interview by email directly from my POI for Stanford's affective science PhD program (this is a non-clinical, experimental psych program)! So excied!

Has anyone here heard from Arizona State University? Someone posted on grad cafe. Thanks so much for the info.

I received an interview invite from the graduate coordinator at ASU on 12/27. Interview dates are either the 15th or the 18th of Februrary.

Just got an interview by email directly from my POI for Stanford's affective science PhD program (this is a non-clinical, experimental psych program)! So excied!

Do you mind sharing the interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you mean the counseling or the clinical program?

I noticed that on Grad cafe someone mentioned interviewing with SUNY Stony Brook. Just wondering if anyone here has had an interview with them. Thanks!

I have followed this forum since last year when I applied and had 4 interviews but was waitlisted at each school. I figured this time around I could use some moral support from others going through this process! So far, I have received an interview invite from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I was rejected from Oklahoma State and waitlisted for an interview at the University of Southern Mississippi (these are all counseling programs). I applied to 19 programs total, so, here's hoping for several more interviews. Good luck everyone!! :D

I received the interview invite for UM-Milwaukee on December 21.

SBU isn't doing in-person interviews until March this year so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

I also got an invite to ASU via email on the 27th, they offered a phone interview if unable to make it for the 15th or 18th interview dates. Said info on travel and housing accommodations would follow in a few weeks!

To 1psychology

Thanks for the response! That's insanely late!...Is that for sure?

that's exactly what i've been worried about~ that one person...but aside from that i haven't seen anything. makes me wonder if that was just one pi?

I have followed this forum since last year when I applied and had 4 interviews but was waitlisted at each school. I figured this time around I could use some moral support from others going through this process! So far, I have received an interview invite from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I was rejected from Oklahoma State and waitlisted for an interview at the University of Southern Mississippi (these are all counseling programs). I applied to 19 programs total, so, here's hoping for several more interviews. Good luck everyone!! :D
Looks like we are in the same boat. But it should get hot in a week or so....did you accept the invite at UW-Milwaukee? If so, I'll see you there.

Looks like we are in the same boat. But it should get hot in a week or so....did you accept the invite at UW-Milwaukee? If so, I'll see you there.

Are these both for counseling psych? there is still time for those of us who applied for clinical psych?

I applied to the following programs, has anyone heard from any of them?

Clinical Psychology
George Mason
University of Connecticut
University of Iowa
Purdue (West Layfette)
CUNY Grad Center (John Jay)

Counseling Psychology
Boston College
SUNY Albany
University of Oregon

Clinical-Community Psychology
Univeristy of South Carolina

Community Psychology
Portland State University

From past years it looks like the next week or so will be when invites are sent...

I applied to George Mason and UConn and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure what to think because they have sent out invites in December in past years...hoping they're just behind the normal schedule this round...

Hi guys, I applied to Michigan State for clinical psychology. I see on gradcafe that someone was invited for an interview and that they sent out a mass email of rejections. I did not get either. What could this mean?

If for some reason my application was not complete, would they still email me to tell me I was rejected or not email me at all?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I applied to Michigan State for clinical psychology. I see on gradcafe that someone was invited for an interview and that they sent out a mass email of rejections. I did not get either. What could this mean?

If for some reason my application was not complete, would they still email me to tell me I was rejected or not email me at all?

Thanks!
Same here. I will probably call tomorrow and ask the latter question.

I really think it's still way too early to be contacting programs, even if you see invites posted on GradCafe. PIs might be extending invites at different paces, there might be other factors you don't know about, etc. It is JANUARY 3RD. I know it's hard, but I would advise waiting. Programs are inundated with calls like this.

I really think it's still way too early to be contacting programs, even if you see invites posted on GradCafe. PIs might be extending invites at different paces, there might be other factors you don't know about, etc. It is JANUARY 3RD. I know it's hard, but I would advise waiting. Programs are inundated with calls like this.

If that was directed at me, I totally agree. However, my application actually shows as not having been processed and I've had to play phone tag with admissions over it and they don't seem to know why--so that question is applicable to my situation, unfortunately.

how do you see if your application has been processed??

I applied to:

Clinical:

University of North Dakota
Idaho State University
USUHS
University of Maine
University of Kentucky
University of Alabama Birmingham
University of Nebraska
University of South Carolina
University of North Texas (Clinical Health)
University of Rhode Island
University of South Florida
UCSD/SDSU
St. John's University
University of Texas Southwestern
Rutgers (Ph.D.)
University of Southern California
Fuller Theological Seminary
Mercer University
North Dakota State University

Counseling:

University of North Dakota

The only one Ive heard from is Fuller. Anyone have any word on the programs?

School Name: U of A
Degree: Clinical PhD
Track: Psychology and Law
Date Invite Received: 01/02/13
How Notified: Phone Call from POI
Interview Date: February 1st

Last edited:
Are these both for counseling psych? there is still time for those of us who applied for clinical psych?
Try this: University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee: 12/23, Interview: 2/1, **Note: Other applicants will be notified via email within the next....(found this on the "master" list).....good luck!!

School Name: Indiana University
Degree: School Psych PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/3/2013
How Notified: Email from Program
Interview Dates: 3 dates Feb

I was feeling pretty good about getting the IU invite but then got sad when I found this list and found two schools that I applied to that have already sent interview invites (in mid-December). C'est la vie, I guess.

Come on George Mason....Send out your invites!! :xf:

Pretty, pretty please!

Was your invite to UW-Milwaukee from your POI or from the program director?

It looks like somebody heard back from FSU by poi. Have a bunch of people? I've gotten one interview and i'm hoping it's still to early to have heard back from the rest! :I

It looks like somebody heard back from FSU by poi. Have a bunch of people? I've gotten one interview and i'm hoping it's still to early to have heard back from the rest! :I

For FSU, it seems like it's just one lab so far. I haven't heard anything from my POI and I haven't seen any other posts on tgc or here about FSU interviews. Fingers crossed!

Do you mind sharing the interview date?

we find out about interviews soon, within the next 10 days. This initial phone conversation was a quick way to find out, I believe, how serious we are about an intensive 5 year research program.

For FSU, it seems like it's just one lab so far. I haven't heard anything from my POI and I haven't seen any other posts on tgc or here about FSU interviews. Fingers crossed!

Thanks! It does seem like one person but I am starting to lose hope on that one!