2012-2013 Rank Order List Power Score and Compilation Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N is now 180! thanks for all the private ROLs! I'll still be updating the spreadsheet until match day, so keep sending them if you'd like.

Members don't see this ad.

N is now 180! thanks for all the private ROLs! I'll still be updating the spreadsheet until match day, so keep sending them if you'd like.

did you end up reverting to the spreadsheet from before it was made public??

did you end up reverting to the spreadsheet from before it was made public??

No, but I really kept close track and i'm comfortably sure that at least the vast majority of ROLs put in were legitimate and by individuals. If there were a few bad apples in there they weren't more than a few entries and I think of the 30 or so that were put in the good would far outweigh any badness. I compared the two rank lists when they were done and there weren't any crazy changes to power rankings, so I decided to go with the one with the larger N. I removed a few people that had entered only one rank total instead of an entire list.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
so, is the max power score now 6?
And can you please freeze the top row and the first column, everytime I scroll I forget what I am looking at in a column etc.

Also, maybe put the legend of the powerscore at the top of the page instead of at the bottom, that would be helpful.

so, is the max power score now 6?
And can you please freeze the top row and the first column, everytime I scroll I forget what I am looking at in a column etc.

Edit: Real list is updated, link removed.

Last edited:
Hi Ian, you should post a highlights post summarizing the most popular on sdn programs by region, kinda like a discussion/ conclusion portion of an article.

thanks for the hard work.

I have to say, the list did a great job at qualifying some of the more competitive programs out there. Not to say that these are better programs than others with a weaker "power score", however the programs in the range of 3 to low 4s have historically been more difficult to land an interview at or even a subsequent residency position. This is solely based on subjective info I've received from mentors, other EM residents and my own experience.

I'm assuming this is the latest? And power score is lower = more difficult to get into and higher is easier? (of course subjectively). Am i understanding this correctly? just curious cause i see New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens/Cornell University Medical Col with a score of 3.0 i guess low sample size?

I'm assuming this is the latest? And power score is lower = more difficult to get into and higher is easier? (of course subjectively). Am i understanding this correctly? just curious cause i see New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens/Cornell University Medical Col with a score of 3.0 i guess low sample size?

Ignore it. It will not help you.