2012-2013 SFSU Dental Post Baccalaureate

Honestly, don't stress about it my gpa was below a 3.0 and I was accepted into the sfsu program. Give them a call if you have heard back yet, they should know that you are persistent and really want to go to dental school. Dental schools don't accept informal post bacs and if you didn't get admitted this year, I would really try again. The program seems really great and seems to have a great success rate.

I know several non-traditional students that got in with an informal post bac. (ie. taking classes at night at local community college, and some courses at extension programs, and of course they already had their bachelors degree in god knows what from the past) So it is possible to do it on your own without going through the formal program and get into dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently accepted into the ucsf dental post bac. Does anyone have more information on the program or advice? I have to decide by May 1st, but I dont know much beyond what is on their webpage. thanks!

I was recently accepted into the ucsf dental post bac. Does anyone have more information on the program or advice? I have to decide by May 1st, but I dont know much beyond what is on their webpage. thanks!

No one told you during the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I was able to get in contact with a current student and he explained everything I needed to know about the program. Thanks!

i had my interview on 4/28 sat. morning and i just heard from them yesterday saying i got in, i was surprised cause i turned in my application like an hour before the deadline, anyways congrats to everyone who got in and to those who didnt, its disappointing, (trust me i know i was rejected from dental schools left and right) but dont give up, keep doing ur thing and you will get there!

i had my interview on 4/28 sat. morning and i just heard from them yesterday saying i got in, i was surprised cause i turned in my application like an hour before the deadline, anyways congrats to everyone who got in and to those who didnt, its disappointing, (trust me i know i was rejected from dental schools left and right) but dont give up, keep doing ur thing and you will get there!
I turned mine in literally last minute and I haven't heard from them. I took my DAT last week though and emailed them that I had my scores and I also had my scores sent in. I applied with a 3.0 with AA 19 and PAT 25. Are they really informing us by May 1st.

I just got my rejection letter, fortunately I will be attending the UCSF dental post bac.

I just got my rejection letter, fortunately I will be attending the UCSF dental post bac.

I just got mine as well and since I just sent in my DAT scores from last week, I don't think those were considered along with my application. Congrats though on UCSF!

Has anybody heard back about their acceptance after their interview around April 17th-18th yet?

I interviewed with SFSU over Skype on April 24 and got accepted on April 26. I ended up turning down the offer so there should be another spot not they are trying to fill!

Did you guys get a physical letter of denial or email?

I was skimming the site and saw SFSU, my old school! well sort of...

I'm a D2 at NYUCD and I kind of half did the program there. I was the super informal postbac "program" meaning I didn't have to apply, I just showed up to classes on the first day, and if they had room for me (assuming it didn't fill up in the first week or two) I could pay for the class.

I was really happy with the education I received there. I was a per-dent major for my undergrad at UOP, and didn't have very strong grades. I had a ton of per-requisites and didn't want to retake a bunch of core classes like the SFSU Dent-postbac would've made me do, so instead I just went the informal route, but only took the really hard classes offered almost exclusively to the dental post-bacs. Really recommend Animal Physiology, neuroscience, physiology of medicine, Experiments in Cell and Molecular Biology, and Molecular Genetics. All are great hard courses that look good on your grade sheet.

The environment there is also really conducive to learning. I was hanging out with the dental post-bacs all the time, and we were all really motivated to get to the next level, so that was great. Dr. Rothman is really nice, although I didn't interact with him a whole lot, I know plenty of people that got a lot of support from him. Go to class sit in the front and the teachers will respect you. I was well prepared for dental school and have been getting good marks so far.

oh and if you are planning to follow my path, note: I moved to SF from the South Bay before classes started, and that was REALLY risky because if I didn't get in to any/enough classes (at least three tough ones (3 A's looks better than 4 B+'s)) I was screwed. At the beginning of each semester (I was there for 3), I drew up a list of ~15 tough classes that I had a shot at getting into, and then scrambled to go to each one the first week of school. It was usually sorted out on the first day (be prepared to show proof of your pre-reqs), and I usually had a cushion of about 3 classes to choose from, but there's no guarantee's. I'd recommend taking at least 12 units so that you can be considered a full time student and get all the benefits that comes with it.

SO GOOD LUCK, YOU MADE A GREAT CHOICE, NOW GO WORK YOUR BUTT OFF AND GET INTO DENTAL SCHOOL!

peace!

Hi! I know this forum is out dated. Does anyone know if there is a 2013 SFSU dental post bac forum already made? If so can you direct me to that forum. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Elleira9002 i applied to the program and have an interview next week. what is your status?

Is there a dental post bac forum already set up for the 2013 application? If so can someone let me know how to find it. Thank you in advanced.

I applied and am still waiting to hear back. Did you hear back by phone or email? Also, did you get an email saying that they had reviewed your application first or just the interview invite?

@gsxra4b6 I applied and am still waiting to hear back. Did you hear back by phone or email? Also, did you get an email saying that they had reviewed your application first or just the interview invite?

I receive an email invite for an interview, which is schedule on the 12th of April. I did not receive any other email beside that. when did you submit your application, mine was on 2 feb.

I submitted mine the last day of February. They are probably going from the first submitted application. Good luck with your interview on the 12th. I post here to let you know when and if I get an interview invite.

did you also apply to ucsf post bac ?

I applied end of Feb. I am still waiting to hear back. Did anyone receive a call for interview yesterday? Do you any of you know the set dates for interview? I see there was the first batch of interviews yesterday and second batch is taking place on the 20th. Will there be anymore? I am panicking!!!! I don't know what I will do next if I don't get into this program. I NEED to get it =|

They told us yesterday that there are only two set of interviews, the second one will be on the 20th as your stated and that is it and everyone should know before may 1st. good luck

I got an interview for SFSU Pre-health Post Bacc this month. How should I prepare? What types of questions will they ask?
(Also are there any previous forums where they have more SFSU Post-bacc info? I'm having a hard time finding it)
Thanks!

When did you submit your application? I have not heard back from them yet.