2012-2013 Social Thread!! Let's start networking!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sensing......i'm sensing.... i'm sensing....D*** riders :smuggrin:

I'ma listen tonight! But truthfully I haven't loved Jay-Z since the Black Album.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all. This is easily Jay's best album since American Gangster. Already top 5 of his catalog for me.

That's crazy that you heard the album before it was "officially released." I guess you are beyonce :D

Hey Yall,

So I have a question for those of you who are either in med school now or just went through the interview process. I have been spending a lot of time thinking about dress code for interviews and in medical school after getting into a debate about it in the pre-allo forum. My concern is simply that I do not want to feel as though I must "blend" into the existing physician population (i.e. mostly old white men) by dressing in a manner similar to them on my interview day or as a student/physician. I guess I still have a little voice in the back of my head saying "don't sell out". Have any of you dealt with this? I know clothes are kinda silly, but I feel that a lot of my identity comes from that and I don't want to feel as though I am compromising who I am in order to be a physician. I want to go into medicine to bring about change, not to conform to some antiquated standard. I'm just worried that first the clothes change, then the attitude changes, then next thing you know I'm not in medicine for the same reasons (helping the community) that I originally decided to go into it for. What do yall think? Am I just being melodramatic?

BTW, I'm not talking about showing up to an interview in a snap-back and some Jordans, I'm talking about wearing trendier suits that, in my opinion, are still professional, but supposedly the older crowd will see as too flashy or something.

Hey Yall,

So I have a question for those of you who are either in med school now or just went through the interview process. I have been spending a lot of time thinking about dress code for interviews and in medical school after getting into a debate about it in the pre-allo forum. My concern is simply that I do not want to feel as though I must "blend" into the existing physician population (i.e. mostly old white men) by dressing in a manner similar to them on my interview day or as a student/physician. I guess I still have a little voice in the back of my head saying "don't sell out". Have any of you dealt with this? I know clothes are kinda silly, but I feel that a lot of my identity comes from that and I don't want to feel as though I am compromising who I am in order to be a physician. I want to go into medicine to bring about change, not to conform to some antiquated standard. I'm just worried that first the clothes change, then the attitude changes, then next thing you know I'm not in medicine for the same reasons (helping the community) that I originally decided to go into it for. What do yall think? Am I just being melodramatic?

BTW, I'm not talking about showing up to an interview in a snap-back and some Jordans, I'm talking about wearing trendier suits that, in my opinion, are still professional, but supposedly the older crowd will see as too flashy or something.

Yes

But, trendier cut = fine. Keep the bland color though. Blue, gray, charcoal, brown can work to dress it up a bit.

"Do what you have to do, to make sure you can do what you want to do."

Yes

But, trendier cut = fine. Keep the bland color though. Blue, gray, charcoal, brown can work to dress it up a bit.

"Do what you have to do, to make sure you can do what you want to do."

That was a Yes to being melodramatic? haha

I feel you though - that makes sense.

ChemEng I JUST had a conversation about this with my really good friend (also black) who is starting EM residency. I'll never forget, my junior year in undergrad, I was tabling at the med school of our university and I saw kids who were clearly on an interview day. And this one black guy was very obviously from the south from the suit he had on. It was overly large and while black had a shiny checkerboard pattern. I'm sure that was perfectly acceptable to wear to church wherever he came from, but it wasn't at all professional. I have no idea what the outcome was for him, but I would tell a student from up north where European cuts and shiny fabrics are in. It's not interview attire. Period. Business attire is just that. And it's boring. You can branch out with your personal style once you've gotten where you're going. But there's a reason you see all the staffers on Capitol Hill or new associates in big law firms all wearing pretty much the same thing.

I had the same discussion about wearing a skirt suit and stockings versus a pants suit to interviews. I went the stocking route at historically black schools and pants at the others. I also decided not to wear my Afro out during interviews and had box braids because I felt like it looked less "objectionable". No one could say I didn't look polished, which is really what you're shooting for. No piercings, no visible tattoos, no flashy jewelry, no over the top makeup or nails. It's just part of it.

Tl;dr: Save your personal expression for later; you can't change anything from the outside looking in.

That was a Yes to being melodramatic? haha

I feel you though - that makes sense.

Do what makes you comfortable for the interview, but trust me I went to many an interview and few looked at what I wore. The only compliments I received were from people on my way to and from my interviews. You want them to remember you for your mind, not your clothes. Make sure its a good suit. Indochino/Black lapel/Proper Suit are all great options.

Do what makes you comfortable for the interview, but trust me I went to many an interview and few looked at what I wore. The only compliments I received were from people on my way to and from my interviews. You want them to remember you for your mind, not your clothes. Make sure its a good suit. Indochino/Black lapel/Proper Suit are all great options.

They all looked. If they didn't remember, that's a good thing. You don't want the discussion int he adcom meeting to be about your choice in attire rather than your merits as an applicant. I know admin, faculty, and students involved in admissions at the med school and fellowship level. Those conversations happen about inappropriate suit size/skirt length/wrinkles/color/etc. I've witnessed it first hand.

Hey Yall,

Bro I had this debate with myself and other people many a times. I was in the same boat you were this time last year. Never wore a suit and had dreadlocks. Everyone was telling me to cut the hair and get a "really nice" suit. I kept asking myself why do I have to conform, why can't i just wear shirt and Khakis, why do I have to cut my hair. Then I had a conversation with a dean of medicine at one of the schools I was applying to(long story). I voiced my opinions to him about not conforming and how I find all this dressing up and looking "standard" thing to be b.s. He told me that first and foremost you have to pick your battles. He continued by saying that dressing in business attire was not conforming, but a way of showing respect for the school. He then proceed to give me a multitude of examples of students, well qualified, who thought they were so smart they didn't need to dress professional and how it did not bode well for them. He said the only time the admissions committee won't have a problem with you not dressing professional is if you literally don't have the clothes on hand. Like the case of one interviewee he told me about who suitcase was lost at the airport and had to interview in sweater and jeans. Long story short bro, wear what ever suit you want as long as you can see it in a professional setting. At the end of the day, this is your battle not anyone else. I kept my locks and received interviews from everywhere i had to send my picture in, (which my hair looked like a bird's nest lol). And received acceptances. As far as what to wear in medical school, my school has a "dress code" which I JUST found out about. Idk how i'm going to handle this one, would love opinions on that.

Members don't see this ad :)
ChemEng I JUST had a conversation about this with my really good friend (also black) who is starting EM residency. I'll never forget, my junior year in undergrad, I was tabling at the med school of our university and I saw kids who were clearly on an interview day. And this one black guy was very obviously from the south from the suit he had on. It was overly large and while black had a shiny checkerboard pattern. I'm sure that was perfectly acceptable to wear to church wherever he came from, but it wasn't at all professional. I have no idea what the outcome was for him, but I would tell a student from up north where European cuts and shiny fabrics are in. It's not interview attire. Period. Business attire is just that.

Tl;dr: Save your personal expression for later; you can't change anything from the outside looking in.

:nono: You don't know that applicants situation, he could have only had money for that type of suit. I probably would have been wearing the same thing, if one of the deans at my school, did not go out and get me a $300 suit. Also when people say you can't change anything from the outside looking in, just sounds like a pathetic way to say conform. It's rare that these same people who conform to get in, "magically" attempt to change the system once they get in. Change usually comes from the ones who had the balls to not conform in the first place and still made it in. (sorry for misspellings guys, playing starcraft and typing at same time lol)

:nono: You don't know that applicants situation, he could have only had money for that type of suit. I probably would have been wearing the same thing, if one of the deans at my school, did not go out and get me a $300 suit. Also when people say you can't change anything from the outside looking in, just sounds like a pathetic way to say conform. It's rare that these same people who conform to get in, "magically" attempt to change the system once they get in. Change usually comes from the ones who had the balls to not conform in the first place and still made it in. (sorry for misspellings guys, playing starcraft and typing at same time lol)

If he had money for a patterned one, he had it for a not patterned one. And when I was a broke college grad ALL of my work clothes were hand-me-downs or thrift store items my mom or the mother of my church took in for me since they both sew. Affordability is not an excuse in my book. It's perfectly possible to look professional for way less than $300.

I don't happen to believe that professionalism is conformist at all. It wouldn't be acceptable to curse in an interview either. Or have poor hygiene. Or any number of other things people generally find objectionable. But I was raised on the east coast and we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I find the schools that have the most stringent opinions on presentation to be HBCUs anyway. If I have time to find one of the articles about Hampton U's policy on hair for their male students I'll edit this post to include it.

What's the dress code? It can't be as bad as Loma Linda!

If he had money for a patterned one, he had it for a not patterned one. And when I was a broke college grad ALL of my work clothes were hand-me-downs or thrift store items my mom or the mother of my church took in for me since they both sew. Affordability is not an excuse in my book. It's perfectly possible to look professional for way less than $300.

I don't happen to believe that professionalism is conformist at all. It wouldn't be acceptable to curse in an interview either. Or have poor hygiene. Or any number of other things people generally find objectionable. But I was raised on the east coast and we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I find the schools that have the most stringent opinions on presentation to be HBCUs anyway. If I have time to find one of the articles about Hampton U's policy on hair for their male students I'll edit this post to include it.

What's the dress code? It can't be as bad as Loma Linda!

True that about HBCUs, they are the biggest hypocrites. I heard about Hampton U's policy a while back. I find it funny that only schools like HU would enforce such asinine policies, more prestigious business schools don't give a flying red damn. The dress code is no athletic wear, no sweats pants, no t shirts, and only on fridays I think it's jeans. Otherwise typical polo and khakis. Oh and as far as shoes, no sandals, sneakers, etc. I was like :laugh: Then read the policy in writing and was like :wow:

p.s. Loma Linda Personal grooming

Good taste indicates that haircuts, hairstyling, and personal grooming be neat, conservative, and not conspicuous. Grooming and style need to be practical so as to enable one's duties to be performed without embarrassment or inconvenience.

Specifically:

1. Men's hair must be neatly trimmed and not fall below the collar. Ponytails, spikes, and dreadlocks are not acceptable.

:confused:

From Jay Z's greatest and worst albums to interview wear, boy I have missed a lot while away! I can't comment too much on Jay Z's work because I am more of an underground hip hop kind of person but in regards to the interview attire I think what you want to do is wear what makes you feel most comfortable that is still professional because the more comfortable that you are on the interview the more confident you will be and probably have a better interview day. Just remember that the world (and Adcoms) all have different perspectives on what is acceptable for "professional" attire.

Good luck you all!

From Jay Z's greatest and worst albums to interview wear, boy I have missed a lot while away! I can't comment too much on Jay Z's work because I am more of an underground hip hop kind of person but in regards to the interview attire I think what you want to do is wear what makes you feel most comfortable that is still professional because the more comfortable that you are on the interview the more confident you will be and probably have a better interview day. Just remember that the world (and Adcoms) all have different perspectives on what is acceptable for "professional" attire.

Good luck you all!

Have you listen to le$ e36? Pretty good mixtape

I appreciate everyone's input :thumbup:

Definitely some food for thought. I guess if you wanna help out the gazelle herd you gotta put on a lion's skin some times.

Been/Ben/Bin kind of dead here lately, what's going on guys? My life has been pretty boring.NERD ALERT!!: Started playing Starcraft 2 multiplayer (play people around the world) and reached gold level :naughty: Also hoping to make a little extra cash in my stocks :xf: before school starts at the beginning of August. And lastly, have been running a lot more lately and got myself down to about 9.2 minutes per mile on a 5.5 mile run. Hoping to get down under 9 minutes by this Sunday. Everyone else give your boy an update :D

Been/Ben/Bin kind of dead here lately, what's going on guys? My life has been pretty boring.NERD ALERT!!: Started playing Starcraft 2 multiplayer (play people around the world) and reached gold level :naughty: Also hoping to make a little extra cash in my stocks :xf: before school starts at the beginning of August. And lastly, have been running a lot more lately and got myself down to about 9.2 minutes per mile on a 5.5 mile run. Hoping to get down under 9 minutes by this Sunday. Everyone else give your boy an update :D

My man! Congrats on the running. I was around 9 minute miles on 5.5 mile runs (used that RunKeeper app on the phone) but then finals came and the MCAT came and I fell off......my speed is still decent, but my endurance is garbage. I got really into running to try and help mitigate my asthma.

Right now I am just trying to wade through these secondaries, my brother. I was verified two days ago and have received about 10 secondaries right off the bat and I'm trying to crank em out but make em decent too. Some of em aren't that bad, but like UChicago's are legit essays, 550 and 400 words.

Other than that I am just in the lab, extracting RNA from mouse hearts like crazy :laugh:

My man! Congrats on the running. I was around 9 minute miles on 5.5 mile runs (used that RunKeeper app on the phone) but then finals came and the MCAT came and I fell off......my speed is still decent, but my endurance is garbage. I got really into running to try and help mitigate my asthma.

Right now I am just trying to wade through these secondaries, my brother. I was verified two days ago and have received about 10 secondaries right off the bat and I'm trying to crank em out but make em decent too. Some of em aren't that bad, but like UChicago's are legit essays, 550 and 400 words.

Other than that I am just in the lab, extracting RNA from mouse hearts like crazy :laugh:

Just a heads up, Pritzker's secondary is very important for getting selected for an interview.

Good luck buddy!

Ok Guys! I moved into my apartment yesterday. Now, I must settle in and get ready for school in a couple a weeks. Orientation starts August 6th and classes officially begin the 12th. I still need to send my official letter to withdraw from UTMB's waitlist, but it's all good. I have a half tuition scholarship at my state school. I'm ready to start and knock out these first 2 years. Does this make me crazy?

What have you been up to Whitty?

For ChemEng and Iave, what are proper breathing techniques? I've been jogging, but I still feel winded. I'm out of shape and overweight, so that doesn't help. I am also migraine prone too, so it is hard for me to run long stretches without suffering hours later. I usually run every other minute to keep from getting the headaches, which has faired well. I've been doing the 10K app (based on couch to 5K) and loss 25 lbs over 9 weeks. I would like to keep it up to help with my chronic migraines (I think it has been).

Last edited:
Ok Guys! I moved into my apartment yesterday. Now, I must settle in and get ready for school in a couple a weeks. Orientation starts August 6th and classes officially begin the 12th. I still need to send my official letter to withdraw from UTMB's waitlist, but it's all good. I have a half tuition scholarship at my state school. I'm ready to start and knock out these first 2 years. Does this make me crazy?

What have you been up to Whitty?

For ChemEng and Iave, what are proper breathing techniques? I've been jogging, but I still feel winded. I'm out of shape and overweight, so that doesn't help. I am also migraine prone too, so it is hard for me to run long stretches without suffering hours later. I usually run every other minute to keep from getting the headaches, which has faired well. I've been doing the 10K app (based on couch to 5K) and loss 25 lbs over 9 weeks. I would like to keep it up to help with my chronic migraines (I think it has been).

Yooo just made me feel really lazy. Orientation is Aug 1st and still haven't purchased apartment or anything :scared:. I'll get on the ball this week.

As far as breathing techniques, I guess it depends on your endurance. If I am running < 3 miles I usually just breath from my nose. My usual distance, I breath from my mouth from the beginning to help combat premature winded. Some of my friends start off running and not watching their breathing until they are about to pass out.

Anyone have any recommendations for stuff needed in an apartment for MS1. So far I have a futon mattress and my suitcase with clothes. I can't really think of anything else I need to put in there. Maybe a chair in desk, but my general rule is that I never study where i sleep and play video games.

Yooo just made me feel really lazy. Orientation is Aug 1st and still haven't purchased apartment or anything :scared:. I'll get on the ball this week.

As far as breathing techniques, I guess it depends on your endurance. If I am running < 3 miles I usually just breath from my nose. My usual distance, I breath from my mouth from the beginning to help combat premature winded. Some of my friends start off running and not watching their breathing until they are about to pass out.

Anyone have any recommendations for stuff needed in an apartment for MS1. So far I have a futon mattress and my suitcase with clothes. I can't really think of anything else I need to put in there. Maybe a chair in desk, but my general rule is that I never study where i sleep and play video games.

This! I would suggest a crockpot for making meals and possibly a microwave if you don't already have one. If you are coffee drinker, I'm not, buy a coffee pot to save $$$. Maybe get one of those one cup makers. I moved out of my house, so I basically transferred items. I didn't want to deal with housing issues in med school. They can be a headache plus I need to unload it before I buy a new one anyway, LOL. My biggest challenge was that I didn't cook because I most often bought out or ate at a family members house, so I had to go out and buy pans and stuff. :laugh::laugh: That will be changing to save money!

Man, I started putting in applications on apartments back in February when M1s and other applicants suggested it. My classmates started putting their names on "M1 It places" in November, LOL. My apartment is less than 5 minutes from school in a nice area and gated. It doesn't have a pool, tennis court, running trail, or exercise facility, but I have laundry on site and I have my own personal elliptical with 2 bd and 1 ba for $650/mo with no roommate. One room for studying.

Last edited:
This! I would suggest a crockpot for making meals and possibly a microwave if you don't already have one. If you are coffee drinker, I'm not, buy a coffee pot to save $$$. Maybe get one of those one cup makers. I moved out of my house, so I basically transferred items. I didn't want to deal with housing issues in med school. They can be a headache plus I need to unload it before I buy a new one anyway, LOL. My biggest challenge was that I didn't cook because I most often bought out or ate at a family members house, so I had to go out and buy pans and stuff. :laugh::laugh: That will be changing to save money!

Man, I started putting in applications on apartments back in February when M1s and other applicants suggested it. My classmates started putting their names on "M1 It places" in November, LOL. My apartment is less than 5 minutes from school in a nice area and gated. It doesn't have a pool, tennis court, running trail, or exercise facility, but I have laundry on site and I have my own personal elliptical with 2 bd and 1 ba for $650/mo with no roommate. One room for studying.

Word, I think i'll invest in some cooking items. When I was younger we moved around a lot so now I have developed a nomadic like behavior when it comes to moving into new places. Only bring enough items (suitcase, mattress, chair, table) that can fit in a car. I guess i'll be staying in the same place for four years so can add more stuff. Also looking at a two bedroom .5 miles from campus ~$550. My buddy thinks it's section 8 though because it's so cheap. I told him I don't care as long as I can sleep at night. I'm thinking i'll use one room for studying, or since I'll be so close to campus just study at the library and walk home when I am done.

Word, I think i'll invest in some cooking items. When I was younger we moved around a lot so now I have developed a nomadic like behavior when it comes to moving into new places. Only bring enough items (suitcase, mattress, chair, table) that can fit in a car. I guess i'll be staying in the same place for four years so can add more stuff. Also looking at a two bedroom .5 miles from campus ~$550. My buddy thinks it's section 8 though because it's so cheap. I told him I don't care as long as I can sleep at night. I'm thinking i'll use one room for studying, or since I'll be so close to campus just study at the library and walk home when I am done.

Do you gotta apply for section 8? I looked into it for grad school, but in my city there was a bit of a waiting list and then I managed to get hooked up with a gig on campus as a live in RA so I got my apartment fo free.

Do you gotta apply for section 8? I looked into it for grad school, but in my city there was a bit of a waiting list and then I managed to get hooked up with a gig on campus as a live in RA so I got my apartment fo free.

Usually yes.

Students are also often not granted any type of social services for living arrangements unless they are also employed full time or there is another full time employed adult in the home as well. I'm not sure if that other adult has to be a family member or though...

I've never lived in an apartment before, so it will be a new experience. :laugh::laugh: There are cheap apartments out there that are nice and not on Section 8, LOL. You don't have to pay an arm and leg or sell your soul to the devil to go to medical school. I worked at an osteopathic school before I resigned, and I swear most of those kids lived as though they were making a physicians salary. It was a private school, so you know it was $$$$. I'm thinking to myself, budget, live meagerly, and enjoy the good life after you pay off those loans instead of being in almost a half mil of debt.

I wonder if med student can get food stamps and Medicaid/medicares? I know a med student was telling me at work that I could apply for Medicaid. Medicare is for senior citizens.

Halfway through orientation, so haven't been on SDN in a minute. It's crazy how quickly time seems to move. I was wondering about food stamps too. I knew ppl that did that in undergrad but I live in a city with a big population that receives aid so I don't know if I'll qualify.

I wonder if med student can get food stamps and Medicaid/medicares? I know a med student was telling me at work that I could apply for Medicaid. Medicare is for senior citizens.

Nope lol. Food stamp rules are based on the state... But I think you'll probably need to be employed at least 20 hrs/wk. Medicaid has federal minimum requirements, but states can also add to those at their discretion. The following populations are generally eligible for Medicaid: 1) pregnant women, 2) children under age 6, 3) chronically disabled, and 4) children of households that fall below a specified federal poverty level. Oh yeah... because Medicaid is based on the state... You need to be a resident of the state that you applying to receive benefits from. Most Medicaid and Food Stamp coverage also doesn't work outside of the state either.

The chronically disabled are also eligible to receive Medicare. So you'll learn that many dialysis patients receive Medicare and Medicaid although they aren't 65.

Welp, guess my plans for cheap housing and free food are out the window. On another note, so glad to see a lot of us talking about starting medical school. We should def post on here every now and then ~2-3 months. Keep each other updated.

Thanks Quechua for the info. Oh shucks I don't qualify; although, I am going to my state school. At least, I only have to purchase a few books for 1st year because my M2 buddy gave me hers, so I saved several hundreds there.

Iave, that's a great idea. Good luck with orientation and school everyone and too all applicants good luck with your applications. I'm signing off for now. You can PM for anything more pressing.

Yo iave...I was just thinking about music and stuff...have you heard Julian Cruz? He's from The Weeknd's XO crew....

https://soundcloud.com/hearjulian

I liked the EP "Black Heart" he dropped last year...didn't catch on with a lot of people tho

@aspiring

As far as breathing during running goes...I'm an asthmatic, so breathing is kind of like my avatar...by any means necessary lol

Cool. There is a social thread. I'm late in this game lol.

haha my prologue starts next week and I haven't even finished all of my titers. Here is to procrastination and laziness! :bang:

it's too quite in here... I guess some of you must be busy with secondaries and such :p

Thanks Quechua for the info. Oh shucks I don't qualify; although, I am going to my state school. At least, I only have to purchase a few books for 1st year because my M2 buddy gave me hers, so I saved several hundreds there.

Iave, that's a great idea. Good luck with orientation and school everyone and too all applicants good luck with your applications. I'm signing off for now. You can PM for anything more pressing.

Good luck!

Yo iave...I was just thinking about music and stuff...have you heard Julian Cruz? He's from The Weeknd's XO crew....

https://soundcloud.com/hearjulian

I liked the EP "Black Heart" he dropped last year...didn't catch on with a lot of people tho

WIll def check out, thanks bro.

Cool. There is a social thread. I'm late in this game lol.
Welcome Welcome
it's too quite in here... I guess some of you must be busy with secondaries and such :p
Man we are the only two left in this game :scared: :laugh:

Don't count me out bruh. BTW, listened to magna carta...holy grail...it was terrible :laugh:

I miss Blueprint Jay :(

BTW I totally derailed that URM thread the other day into a discussion on how to fix the lack of Rural and Urban PCPs lol

Sigh. I WISH. I'll be a little late in the game seeing how I'm still prepping for the MCAT. My summer is a bit more busy than I anticipated.

On the bright side, it's encouraging to see fellow URMs preparing to entering their first year of med school and already scoring interviews/secondaries this cycle! It gives me hope :)

Don't count me out bruh. BTW, listened to magna carta...holy grail...it was terrible :laugh:

BTW I totally derailed that URM thread the other day into a discussion on how to fix the lack of Rural and Urban PCPs lol

Word it's 4 pages now, i'm about to read it in full tomorrow man. Hope you represented us country club minorities well :laugh:

Haha I have no excuse with plenty of things to do and little motivation for doing them!

Was it bad? Now I dont want to listen to it.

Sigh. I WISH. I'll be a little late in the game seeing how I'm still prepping for the MCAT. My summer is a bit more busy than I anticipated.

Good luck on the MCAT! You can do it!! :)

On the bright side, it's encouraging to see fellow URMs preparing to entering their first year of med school and already scoring interviews/secondaries this cycle! It gives me hope :)

True, some URMs can definitely make it rock! Way to go everyone!

Thread took an interesting and sharp turn. I can tell you are passionate about helping underserved @ChemENG, most URMs are trying to get in and get the hell far away from anything low income. Also black hearts is dope. You should check out Partynextdoor mixtape. Two good songs are right now and make a mil

@Juansolo And.....saved by on campus housing. The only place left that was decent near the school was $1078 a month, F*ck dot" -Kendrick lamar

Thread took an interesting and sharp turn. I can tell you are passionate about helping underserved @ChemENG, most URMs are trying to get in and get the hell far away from anything low income. Also black hearts is dope. You should check out Partynextdoor mixtape. Two good songs are right now and make a mil

@Juansolo And.....saved by on campus housing. The only place left that was decent near the school was $1078 a month, F*ck dot" -Kendrick lamar

I was just checking out partynextdoor the other day...some of the songs are dope, a few of em are ehh tho...good first effort for sure. I'll keep an eye on what he's doing in the future. I can't believe he's the first from OVO.