2012-2013 Stony Brook Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted today via email !! Interviewed 12/7!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I'm getting an II.... =/ Complete since Aug.. OOS too

I don't think I'm getting an II.... =/ Complete since Aug.. OOS too
I don't know what you've done since you submitted your app but maybe you should consider sending an update letter and throw in a sentence to state strong interest.

any word on recent acceptances from interviews after 12/7?

I interviewed on 12/13 so by my calculations I should be hearing back this coming week!

deleted

Last edited:
Rejected today (pre-interview). Was complete late Nov. Good luck to you guys still waiting to hear back!

Rejected post interview. Interviewed Oct. 16th.....thanks for the long wait for nothing Stony, oh well

I was complete early and still haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
Really sorry to hear:-(
With those stats you should get in everywhere.
Did you do well on interview?
Did you write letter of interest?

I thought I had a great interview, we really clicked, but u never know...and i wrote several LOI's....but I'm fortunate to have been accepted to a top choice, stony was my number 3 so oh well

Rejected today after interviewing 11/16. 34, 3.8 and I'm an undergrad at Stony Brook :(

Withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully one of you lucky buggers on here will get it :)

Did anyone else that interviewed in November/December get any news?

I interviewed early December as well.
I also interviewed mid december still haven't heard anything back. I do remember them telling us it would be 4 to 6 weeks usually, then she followed that by saying probably longer because of the holidays. I really hope i get in here, it's a great place to live!

I don't know what you've done since you submitted your app but maybe you should consider sending an update letter and throw in a sentence to state strong interest.

I DID send one, early this month and they said they would add it to my file...

I have also emailed previously about my interest in an interview especially, and they just say keep waiting bepatient

Then be satisfied that you've done everything you can and hope for the best. Good luck!

Did anyone who interviewed take the LIRR in?

I'll be coming in from the city, and unfortunately it's looking like only train that will get me to campus by 9:45am is one that arrives at 7:46am. (Next one after that gets in at 9:43..) So, any ideas to kill time on campus or around the station? Any coffee shops nearby? Or is it possible to get a cab and make it to the admissions office in 2 minutes? :)

The LIRR station is on west campus (which is the actual Stony Brook University main campus) so you wouldn't really able to catch a cab and make it to east campus that quickly. There's a Dunkin Donuts off-campus which is a very short walk from the station. Alternatively, you could take the campus shuttle to the academic mall and walk around or get some food from a dining hall.

The LIRR station is on west campus (which is the actual Stony Brook University main campus) so you wouldn't really able to catch a cab and make it to east campus that quickly. There's a Dunkin Donuts off-campus which is a very short walk from the station. Alternatively, you could take the campus shuttle to the academic mall and walk around or get some food from a dining hall.

awesome, thanks!

There's also a Starbucks in the lobby of the hospital. The admin office is in the hospital so that's probably your best bet if you want to kill some time and ensure punctuality.

There's also a Starbucks in the lobby of the hospital. The admin office is in the hospital so that's probably your best bet if you want to kill some time and ensure punctuality.

stop by the admissions office, they'll show you the starbucks, the library where you can hang out for a bit...I arrived early as well and ended up taking a quick stroll through the building and a quick power nap in the library :D

stop by the admissions office, they'll show you the starbucks, the library where you can hang out for a bit...I arrived early as well and ended up taking a quick stroll through the building and a quick power nap in the library :D

haha i like the nap idea! thanks everyone!

Anyone send a letter of intent? What's the email? Maybe my Googling skills are slipping... :|

Rejected today after interviewing 11/16. 34, 3.8 and I'm an undergrad at Stony Brook :(

Sorry to hear that :/ Keep your head high. You have solid stats & I'm sure you'll land an acceptance(s) elsewhere!

YankeeKM91 said:

oof same stats, same undergrad, just interviewed last week. Hope it turns out better than you did :naughty:

Its been 2 months already , should I be worried?

STILL NO WORD!!! It's been a month and a half!? Has anyone else heard back about acceptances since 1/15???

does stony give confirmation for update letters pre-interview?

accepted today via email. interviewed 12/14

best of luck to everyone.

Accepted today (interivewed 10/16). Almost 4 months later. I'll be withdrawing.

I guess a lesson for other people waiting a long time. I thought I was getting rejected after this long. Guess it's not always the case. Have hope!

1. I know the grading system has been debated in the past few years, does anyone know what it will be for the Class of 2017? Is it still H/P/F and then P/F for second year, without a curve?

2. Does anyone know how long lectures typically are each day?

1. I know the grading system has been debated in the past few years, does anyone know what it will be for the Class of 2017? Is it still H/P/F and then P/F for second year, without a curve?

2. Does anyone know how long lectures typically are each day?
Hey Clem,

Not entirely sure about your first question. With respect to the second, I think you can get a really good idea for this on the website at the following link:

https://cbase.som.sunysb.edu/conet/calendar/stud_mainFrame.cfm?school=Medicine

Does anyone know of any good places to look for to live at. I am not sure, I heard a bunch of the students typically live off campus a few minutes drive from the school in houses that they rent. Any idea where those are and their cost per month?

Hey all! I've been accepted a few days ago and figured I'd make an SDN to meet future matriculants. Not sure if there's a c/o 2017 Facebook page yet...

What's everyone's plans for housing?

(To anyone interviewing / waiting, best of luck!!)

Hey all! I've been accepted a few days ago and figured I'd make an SDN to meet future matriculants. Not sure if there's a c/o 2017 Facebook page yet...

What's everyone's plans for housing?

(To anyone interviewing / waiting, best of luck!!)

When did you interview?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So, I was supposed to interview tomorrow and but superstorm Nemo totally screwed up my plans. I rescheduled for next Friday. Just so everyone knows, Nancy from admissions was SO nice and oddly motherly (lol) and told me she didn't want me driving in the crazy snow. She offered me three dates (all next week) to reschedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.