2012-2013 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How come when I go to select the application I want to complete the only option to chose from is Rural Medicine Supplemental? Anyone else with this problem?

How come when I go to select the application I want to complete the only option to chose from is Rural Medicine Supplemental? Anyone else with this problem?

Yes. I await the gunners who will call the office to tell them to fix it.

I gunned it. Still waiting for a reply. It seems like a lot of schools have issue with their online apps....

Just got secondary and I'm having problems too. Oh well lol

I gunned it. Still waiting for a reply. It seems like a lot of schools have issue with their online apps....

well thax then cuz i'm having the same issue!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully they fix it soon.

how come when i go to select the application i want to complete the only option to chose from is rural medicine supplemental? Anyone else with this problem?

I am wondering the same thing!!

As a Syracuse resident, SUNY Upstate is my first choice. Hoping for some in-city love :p :luck::luck:

I am wondering the same thing!!

As a Syracuse resident, SUNY Upstate is my first choice. Hoping for some in-city love :p :luck::luck:
I went to their open house and I got to admit, the staff, students, and general atmosphere was great, really laid back. :)

It's working now.

Question: For Course Requirements, should we enter ALL courses taken under that subject? Or only fill enough to fulfill the requirements?

i only did the pre-reqs! wooooo one more secondary DONE :)

Note for those applying to the rural medicine program:

The application contains two sections ("Additional Information" and "Rural Medicine Scholars") that basically ask the same questions (with some small differences). I called the admissions office today and we only have to fill out one of those sections.

Anyone know how the fee waiver works for Upstate?

I just called them...They said they want you to print out the signature page as well as the AAMC Fee Waiver email and mail it to their office.

Is the fee $100 or $110? My email says $110 and the page after I hit submit says $100-- I want to hold off on submitting for a little while otherwise I would just try it myself :)

The application fee is $110 this year.

Is the fee $100 or $110? My email says $110 and the page after I hit submit says $100-- I want to hold off on submitting for a little while otherwise I would just try it myself :)
I emailed Upstate about if I should resubmit since I only paid the $100. They said it was a glitch but that I am fine just paying the $100.

Ok I knew Upstate was a very laid back school (too much so, according to some), but this secondary was amazing. It took me under 10 minutes to complete it, after I spent a couple days each on Miami and NYU. Thank you Upstate.

Am I missing something or has no one posted the secondary? Can you guys either please post it or email gettheleadout so he can update the first post? Thanks a bunch.

I just called them...They said they want you to print out the signature page as well as the AAMC Fee Waiver email and mail it to their office.

Wait, do we still need to mail them that signature page if we paid it online?

Also I paid $100 too :confused:

Am I missing something or has no one posted the secondary? Can you guys either please post it or email gettheleadout so he can update the first post? Thanks a bunch.

There are no essay prompts if that's what you are asking

I am divided as to whether I even want to submit my secondary here given the high secondary fee and that the school is allegedly on probation. Thoughts?

I am divided as to whether I even want to submit my secondary here given the high secondary fee and that the school is allegedly on probation. Thoughts?
I don't think the probation is a huge issue, only because I can't imagine this school losing accreditation. It's an established program, and a lot of students from my school go there. Not to say the probation doesn't matter. It'll definitely be a notch against Upstate, if I end up deciding between schools. But, it's not enough to keep me form attending if everything else is good.

-2 cents

Wait, do we still need to mail them that signature page if we paid it online?

Also I paid $100 too :confused:

I also have the same questions!? did you guys print the signature page and mail it in?!

I also have the same questions!? did you guys print the signature page and mail it in?!

I did, but I had the AMCAS fee waiver so I didn't go through with a payment...

I have a fee waiver as well, and on the "Pay Now" page it says "If you answered "Yes" to the question, "Did you receive a fee waiver from AMCAS?", click on the Submit link on the bottom of the page instead of the "Pay Now" button."

I do not see a Submit link... I assume my application is not complete until I submit, can any one help if there is actual link to click, and if so can you provide it? Thanks.

I have a fee waiver as well, and on the "Pay Now" page it says "If you answered “Yes” to the question, “Did you receive a fee waiver from AMCAS?”, click on the Submit link on the bottom of the page instead of the “Pay Now” button."

I do not see a Submit link... I assume my application is not complete until I submit, can any one help if there is actual link to click, and if so can you provide it? Thanks.

hey buddy, how can I find application statuses? I have had trouble finding mine. I submitted my secondary yesterday.

I have a fee waiver as well, and on the "Pay Now" page it says "If you answered "Yes" to the question, "Did you receive a fee waiver from AMCAS?", click on the Submit link on the bottom of the page instead of the "Pay Now" button."

I'm having the same problem...

EDIT:

woops, should've read more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.