2012-2013 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transmitted 07/18/2012, interview invite today. I can vouch for the fact that they looking at the overall application which I am greatly appreciative of. As far as the shootings... :( reminds me too closely of my time at VT.

Members don't see this ad.

Transmitted 07/18/2012, interview invite today. I can vouch for the fact that they looking at the overall application which I am greatly appreciative of. As far as the shootings... :( reminds me too closely of my time at VT.

Does that transmission date refer to your secondary or the TMDSAS app? if it was the TMDSAS app, when was your secondary sent, if you dont mind me asking.

Eek, anyone know/hear about what's going on with the alleged shooting this afternoon? *sigh* Man, we need to reign in the crazy already.
The only relation it has to A&M is that A&M is in College Station. While it happened in a neighborhood close to campus, possibly while the shooter was being served an eviction notice, this wasn't an on campus shooting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished my secondary before my primary was sent. Secondary app was finished 07/09/2012.

Anyone else unable to log onto Texas A&Ms BAMF site? It's giving me the message 'Your username and password could not be found in our database. Please try again.' The option 'forgot your password' does not result in me receiving a password reset.

Anybody get reviewed with a missing transcript. I am missing one transcript but i am under review. Did they use my grades when i applied two years ago. It took a week from being transmitted to review.

Congrats on invite! 7/18 - is that when you went "under review"? Mine's been under review since the end of July, but no invite yet!

My status on BAMF just went back to "Pending" after having been "Under Review" for a few weeks now. Strange.

Texas.....mine did same thing on monday....hopefully its a good sign!

Anyone else interviewing in Temple tomorrow?

Got an interview invite! Anyone else interviewing Oct 25th?

Sent in application 06/30, app transmitted to schools 7/17, but my LORs weren't sent until 7/26.

Stats: ~3.8 Overall & Science GPA, 34O, IS

Baby clutch, congrats. Do you remember when you went under review?

It went under review about 2 wk ago

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Baby clutch, congrats. Do you remember when you went under review?

No, sorry. I never checked my status until I got the email today. By the way, my status still says "Under Review" even though I have accepted the interview invite. & Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to change the mailing address for the secondary application on the BAMF system? I've looked everywhere and haven't had any luck figuring it out.

i went back to "pending" status too, what does this mean?

May be we wont be getting interviews?

I interviewed at A&M on 8/9 and A&M has a really great match list. They gave a copy of the match list to all the interviewees and a lot of students matched not only into competitive specialties but competitive specialties at major academic institutions.

Not really that strange to be honest... Actually kind of is. I'm not sure anymore, I'm pretty paranoid...

Went from Pending --> Under review --> Pending (I believe this was because I finally got my second letter submitted) --> Under review and I just sent in my third letter so.... Still under review! Plus I'm sure they continuously look at applications (more than twice) and change their minds about applicants so we'll see how this cycle goes!

for the record, mine never went back to "pending". i've been under review since the end of July

I was looking back through the thread to no avail...have there been any OOS invites at A&M yet?

Good luck everyone.

Interview invite today, finally, for 10/4. I completed my secondary on 7/29.

Congrats, do you know when you went under review?

Thanks! I would assume it was a couple of days after that. I have realized there's no point in scrutinizing over dates... There are people that have gotten interviews 'out of order' by a few weeksj. Don't let it make you go neurotic this early in -- you'll end up where you're meant to end up and you've done your best to get there. :) I hate waiting, too!

If I understand a post I saw earlier, we are able to complete the secondary and submit to TAMU before our primaries are transmitted? Do I not need them to send me the ID to logon.

Last edited:
I checked my BAMF today and had an RSVP for an interview on October 18th, but I have not gotten an email yet. I saw this happened to some other people too. How long does it take to get the actual email? Thanks!

I checked my BAMF today and had an RSVP for an interview on October 18th, but I have not gotten an email yet. I saw this happened to some other people too. How long does it take to get the actual email? Thanks!

Not too long. My interview invite email came just a few days after the status change.

Congrats, DrBarbie. :) When were you complete and do you know your status before you got the interview rsvp (i.e. pending or under review)?

Congrats, DrBarbie. :) When were you complete and do you know your status before you got the interview rsvp (i.e. pending or under review)?

Thank you! I had not checked it in a few weeks, but the last time I had it was "Under Review".

Has anyone out of state gotten an interview yet? My application has been complete and under review since 7/14 and I have not heard anything yet :(

I haven't seen any out of state yet, waiting here too.

Sorry if this is redundant.

I never got a confirmation email from A&M. Is this the norm?

Also my app says its been under review for weeks, but I know they didn't have my MCAT score because I just got it on the 28th. Primary and secondary were transmitted and complete June 20th. I no longer have the page with the boxes that say "true". Should there be any change in BAMF when they receive my MCAT score?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to play catch up, anybody else in a similar situation?

Is anyone interviewing 9/13 in Temple?

Yep. Is there any difference in interviewing at the different locations?

FWIW I was verified 8/10, never received any kind of confirmation from A&M until received the ii 2 days ago.

Apparently not. According to last years thread, where you interview depends on who picks up your app first.

I think in March, if you are accepted, then you will be able to rank the different locations.

I will be interviewing at Temple on Sept. 6th and I can't wait! Good luck to you on your interview.

Apparently not. According to last years thread, where you interview depends on who picks up your app first.

I think in March, if you are accepted, then you will be able to rank the different locations.

I will be interviewing at Temple on Sept. 6th and I can't wait! Good luck to you on your interview.

You are correct, during the interview we were told the only reason you interview at one location or another depends on who snags your application first. :thumbup:

FWIW I was verified 8/10, never received any kind of confirmation from A&M until received the ii 2 days ago.

awesome, do you have any idea where you will be staying?

just for reference, if you have questions about your status, just call them, they are extremely friendly. i did not receive a confirmation email either, most of it is done through bamf. also i think it's pretty normal for applications to switch from under review to pending and back, mine did.

Just got the email invite for Temple on 10/18!

Everyone else is still "under-review" after getting their interview invite right?

Everyone else is still "under-review" after getting their interview invite right?

Indeed. It still shows "under review" on the top of the page. There is just another completed form at the bottom of the page. The interview acceptance form as well as the old secondary completed form. Hope this makes sense...

Hmmm, I've been complete since around 8/17 and was under review for a very short period and now have been pending forever. Anyone in a similar situation? Not sure what it means or if I've been screened out.

I dont understand how BAMF works. My primary transmitted way back in july 12th. I wasn't going to apply to this school but I decided to do it anyway so I just submitted the secondary a few days ago. Right now on BAMF, only the secondary has TRUE right next to it. Isn't it supposed to have TRUE next to primary too since my primary was transmitted way back in July? Should I give them a call? Or is it because I just submitted my secondary and they need that to match it with the primary?

Im confused. Please help. :(

Just got an interview invite for Temple on 10/11! Any hints/tips you can give on the interview experience would be very much appreciated! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. Trust me, the invites come when you least expect it... it'll happen for ya, just be patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.