2012-2013 UMDNJ - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed today for ED. Very laid back. So much so that I was thrown off by it at first lol.

Samesies on all counts.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, did you get the call today? and do you mind sharing your stats?

I got the call on Sunday evening. Around the same time as the first poster. Probably right after.

PM for stats.

My interview was very laid back and conversational.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!

So... who wants to start the NJMS 2017 fb group? We need to be fb friends in order for it to be launched, though.

I am not good at starting those types of things so you can if you'd like. PM me your info and we can add each other on fb and what not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!

So... who wants to start the NJMS 2017 fb group? We need to be fb friends in order for it to be launched, though.
Speaking of which.. what happens next with us? I got the call from Dr. H but no emails or letters. What should we be expecting?

have any non-ED interviews gone out yet?

I believe the regular applicants can interview at the same time as the EDP applicants but they don't hear back until later. I could be wrong though.

So I have absolutely no affiliation with NJ whatsoever (besides friends who live there and attend UMDNJ), but my answers to the other questions are very strong.

Would it be unwise to leave this question blank?

Does anyone know what time you have to show up at the admissions office the day of your interview? My interview is at 10 AM tomorrow but I've heard that you have to get there at 9 AM. Can anyone please confirm?

Does anyone know what time you have to show up at the admissions office the day of your interview? My interview is at 10 AM tomorrow but I've heard that you have to get there at 9 AM. Can anyone please confirm?

Not true. I showed up for my 10AM interview at 10AM on the dot. But get their a bit early if you don't have a permit for parking, because the lot is always filled. I had issues getting a spot and ended up parking on the street and had to walk up to UMDNJ. Good luck with you interview.

My interview was at 10am and I got there at 9am. I waited for a little while and they gave me a packet so I read over that. They used to have information session at 9am then interview at 10am then you eat lunch at 11 and tour at 12

Just interviewed today! I think I did relatively well but it was definitely a stress interview. There were some personal characteristic questions that I stalled on. Hope I hear back soon. :/

Just interviewed today! I think I did relatively well but it was definitely a stress interview. There were some personal characteristic questions that I stalled on. Hope I hear back soon. :/

That's odd. My interview was so laid back. Another girl that was interviewing the same day said her interviewer wasnt as laid back and asked questions about health care etc so i guess it depends on your interviewer.:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd. My interview was so laid back. Another girl that was interviewing the same day said her interviewer wasnt as laid back and asked questions about health care etc so i guess it depends on your interviewer.:confused:

Yeahh I guess I just got unlucky lol (or lucky depending on your point of view). My interviewer was asking me all types of questions but mostly about my personal characteristics/ethics. The thing that caught me off guard was that she was asking me question right after question. Right after I finished answering one question she went straight to the next one with no conversation in between lol. I felt like I was in an obstacle course. I'm glad I answered all of the questions to the best of my ability though.

does anyone know if I can submit a secondary without having the AMCAS verified? would they look at the secondary without the letters, or should I just wait until everything is verified to submit the secondary?

does anyone know if I can submit a secondary without having the AMCAS verified? would they look at the secondary without the letters, or should I just wait until everything is verified to submit the secondary?
You can submit, but the admissions office looks at the file after its complete. This is what I was told by Mercedes Rivero.

Congrats! When did you interview and when did you get the call??

Got accepted EDP!!!
Congrats man.

I just got the call today. Accepted EDP. Interviewed 7/16, accepted 7/26.

Dr. Heinrich said that I should expect papers in the mail, and that something had to still be done, but I wasn't actually sure what it was. Oh well, he called at an inconvenient time, if I do say so.

Congrats man.

I just got the call today. Accepted EDP. Interviewed 7/16, accepted 7/26.

Dr. Heinrich said that I should expect papers in the mail, and that something had to still be done, but I wasn't actually sure what it was. Oh well, he called at an inconvenient time, if I do say so.

Congrats! Lol why was it inconvenient?

I got my paperwork already... mailed my deposit and stuff. The only other thing I have left to do is the background check I think but Certiphi hasnt figured out this cycle yet.

Congrats to all those accepted already! Hopefully The rest of us will hear back soon.

Yeah that code they sent in the email didnt work so I called Certiphi and they still havent figured it out yet

Congrats! Lol why was it inconvenient?

I got my paperwork already... mailed my deposit and stuff. The only other thing I have left to do is the background check I think but Certiphi hasnt figured out this cycle yet.

I got the call while I was at work, and so I picked up. Now normally, my boss is never at work during the time I work (12PM - 10PM), but for whatever reason, he walks in right as I hear that I got in. After the call finishes, he lectures me for about a half-hour (after I get off the clock) about when I should take personal calls, etc. Told him if he had an issue, I'd quit right then and there, but he didn't say anything, so I think I still have a job (notice how I said I think).

As to the CBC, Certiphi rep told me that they sent out an email by mistake and that they would send it out again when it was time for the CBC's to go out.

I got the call while I was at work, and so I picked up. Now normally, my boss is never at work during the time I work (12PM - 10PM), but for whatever reason, he walks in right as I hear that I got in. After the call finishes, he lectures me for about a half-hour (after I get off the clock) about when I should take personal calls, etc. Told him if he had an issue, I'd quit right then and there, but he didn't say anything, so I think I still have a job (notice how I said I think).

As to the CBC, Certiphi rep told me that they sent out an email by mistake and that they would send it out again when it was time for the CBC's to go out.

Yeah the code didn't work and they said the same thing when I called.. The other day I got ANOTHER email from Certiphi saying that I havent done it yet blah blah but the code still doesn't work.. and the Certiphi rep I spoke to told me they would specifically tell me when it was working so I guess for now we just wait..

Congrats to all those accepted already! Hopefully The rest of us will hear back soon.

I'm pretty sure they get back to all the EDP persons by mid August and then regular applicants are accepted after October 15. So basically we will see a few more EDPs accepted on here and then nothing for a few months.

do you guys mind sharing your stats? I will be applying here as well but I'm not sure if my stats are good enough.

I was accepted EDP! Interviewed 7/10, accepted 7/25. Got the call when I was abroad last week.

Can anyone who got accepted share some aspects of their applications like gpa/mcat?
And what questions asked on the interview?

Currently, is anyone else interviewing for EDP or regular decision?

Hey guys, I was accepted edp a couple of days ago, so excited! I've seen a lot of people asking about stats and I'll share mine since they are basically average, 32 and approx 3.6 with lots of ECs and nj resident. The interview was very laid back too, all basically predicable questions like why njms? And why medicine? And others about my ECs

Hey guys, I was accepted edp a couple of days ago, so excited! I've seen a lot of people asking about stats and I'll share mine since they are basically average, 32 and approx 3.6 with lots of ECs and nj resident. The interview was very laid back too, all basically predicable questions like why njms? And why medicine? And others about my ECs

Congrats! Do you mind posting what date you interviewed and what date you got the call? I interviewed EDP on the 20th but I still haven't heard anything. :(

I interviewed on the 13th and heard back on the 24th I believe so about 2 weeks. I'm sure you'll hear something soon they seem to get back to all edp applicants really quickly.

I interviewed on the 13th and heard back on the 24th I believe so about 2 weeks. I'm sure you'll hear something soon they seem to get back to all edp applicants really quickly.

Congrats!!

anyone who is applying regular MD get a confirmation email upon submitting their secondary? i only got a payment confirmation...

anyone who is applying regular MD get a confirmation email upon submitting their secondary? i only got a payment confirmation...
You won't get a confirmation email. After you get the payment confirmation, you wait for the interview email.

If you're applying ED do they let you know if you've been deferred to the regular applicant pool? I interviewed on the 20th and I STILL haven't heard anything (phonecall or e-mail).

If you're applying ED do they let you know if you've been deferred to the regular applicant pool? I interviewed on the 20th and I STILL haven't heard anything (phonecall or e-mail).

Why don't you call them and ask about the status?

out of curiosity did anybody apply edp and get deferred to the regular pool? i have only seen people here say that they were accepted.

Yup, I applied EPD. Still waiting to hear.

Why don't you call them and ask about the status?

I just called and they haven't made a decision yet lol. I'm thinking it's vacation time so things are probably going slower than usual.

any MCAT or gpa cutoffs for regular decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.