2012-2013 UMDNJ - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the email about the accepted students luncheon today. It is November 21st.

I'll be attending for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyoen know if admissions here will take calls to check on status? I havent heard from these folks...

anyoen know if admissions here will take calls to check on status? I havent heard from these folks...

Yeah just give them a call and they'll tell you the status of your application.

I just called. They put me on hold for ~15 minutes and then told me I was complete and awaiting review.

acceptances quieted down...has anyone heard anything?
i feel so anxious, it's been over 3 weeks and i haven't heard anything ... i felt like my interview went so well :/

II today... Complete late July/early August

They seem to have a lot of interview dates... As early as next week!

II today... Complete late July/early August

They seem to have a lot of interview dates... As early as next week!

Is that because they have done the bulk of their interviewing for this year? I read on an earlier post that by the time that the acceptance breakfast, scheduled for before Thanksgiving, rolls around that the class for next year is almost complete. Your thoughts?

I have heard also straight from the dean that by the time they have their luncheon, they have enough acceptances for a "full class" - but of course not everyone who is accepted will attend NJMS. Most schools accept 2 to 2.5 times the number of people they expect to matriculate... so it may be a little bit more tough to get in after December or so, but it is possible!

So for the Accepted Student day, I can only attend for 1.5 hours because I am working 12 hours... is it worth me showing up for such a short period of time? I don't think so...

And when are we going to get info about housing, fees, etc? I want to start assessing the damage!

acceptances quieted down...has anyone heard anything?
i feel so anxious, it's been over 3 weeks and i haven't heard anything ... i felt like my interview went so well :/

It can take up to 6 weeks :-/ it is extremely difficult, but just be patient. They won't forget about you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard also straight from the dean that by the time they have their luncheon, they have enough acceptances for a "full class" - but of course not everyone who is accepted will attend NJMS. Most schools accept 2 to 2.5 times the number of people they expect to matriculate... so it may be a little bit more tough to get in after December or so, but it is possible!

So for the Accepted Student day, I can only attend for 1.5 hours because I am working 12 hours... is it worth me showing up for such a short period of time? I don't think so...

And when are we going to get info about housing, fees, etc? I want to start assessing the damage!

:(:(:( I'm still waiting to hear from them!

Has anyone who's interviewed still waiting to hear back? I interviewed late September and haven't gotten a response, I'm not sure if I should call...

I just called, the admissions officer said that since yesterday was my 6-week mark they should have a decision in about a week - they've been delayed because of the hurricane.

-Has anyone recieved any sort of confirmation regarding their seat deposit? Just wondering if we were suppose to get an email or something.

-Also does anyone know what the dress code is for the accepted student lunch thing? Business casual?

No to the first question and I would like to know the answer to the second.

Accepted half an hour ago via phone call. Interviewed October 3rd. Very nice phone call, a wonderful personal touch. Grateful to have made it this far.

-Has anyone recieved any sort of confirmation regarding their seat deposit? Just wondering if we were suppose to get an email or something

I got a letter in the mail maybe about two to three weeks after I sent in the acceptance papers that they received my deposit.

Accepted via Dr. Heinrich phone call last night!!!! Interviewed- 9/21! So excited!! I wish everyone the best of luck!! Looking forward to meeting my future classmates at the student luncheon!

-Has anyone recieved any sort of confirmation regarding their seat deposit? Just wondering if we were suppose to get an email or something.

-Also does anyone know what the dress code is for the accepted student lunch thing? Business casual?

They're supposed to send you a letter in the mail confirming that they've received the deposit. And I'm not sure about the luncheon but I'm probably going to go business casual with a tie maybe.

FYI if anyone hasn't found it yet, there is a facebook group for the accepted students: http://www.facebook.com/groups/430738510300983/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Can someone please post the phone number they call from?

What happens if you dont pick up? lol

Can someone please post the phone number they call from?

What happens if you dont pick up? lol

It was blocked for me. And obviously if you don't pick up the spot goes to someone else.

Is it safe to assume if you haven't been given an II yet you're rejected? :'(

I received an II from them last year near the end of november. I ended up placed on the wait-list down the road.

Though I do believe the majority of their class has already been selected.

I have my interview tomorrow but I'm not seeing much information about it online. Can anyone offer any insight into what the day/interview is like?

I have my interview tomorrow but I'm not seeing much information about it online. Can anyone offer any insight into what the day/interview is like?
The order can change depending on when you have your interview, but basically you 1) have your interview, 2) get lunch and 3) take a tour with a medical student. It's pretty relaxed, good luck!

The order can change depending on when you have your interview, but basically you 1) have your interview, 2) get lunch and 3) take a tour with a medical student. It's pretty relaxed, good luck!

thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

Is there any sort of time logic to when they give you a decision? I interviewed 10/16 and haven't heard anything yet.

yeah same question.. i interviewed 10/19, but is there any hope of finding out this weekend? this is so nervewrecking ughh....

Just received my accepted student thing confirmation. It says that dress code is business casual... and then it says jeans and comfortable shoes are acceptable. :laugh: what? Which one is it?

Very excited about the gross anatomy demonstration! My good friend goes to the school and he walked me through the anatomy lab today as the students were studying for a big exam on monday. Got me very excited. Like this school more and more everytime I go to visit him. Theres a certain awesome collaborative atmosphere that seems really cool.

Good luck to the students who interviewed today, I saw you walking around! Best of luck to those waiting as well!

just got accepted! :laugh:
i feel like i'm walking on clouds right now!!!
so much anxiety has been released, and i feel so grateful for everything~ :luck:

oh since i know someone will ask,
interview date: 10/11

good luck to everyone still waiting!

so much anxiety has been released, and i feel so grateful for everything~ :luck:

also stats please?

Congratulations!! Wish you all the best!

Just received my accepted student thing confirmation. It says that dress code is business casual... and then it says jeans and comfortable shoes are acceptable. :laugh: what? Which one is it?

Very excited about the gross anatomy demonstration! My good friend goes to the school and he walked me through the anatomy lab today as the students were studying for a big exam on monday. Got me very excited. Like this school more and more everytime I go to visit him. Theres a certain awesome collaborative atmosphere that seems really cool.

Good luck to the students who interviewed today, I saw you walking around! Best of luck to those waiting as well!

This means you should wear a shirt and tie lol

And yes, collaborative it is :)

Anyone get an II with a 29 mcat? I have a 29q and 3.6. NY resident. Submitted secondary in August and haven't heard yet...

Called today as thanksgiving is six weeks since my interview. I was told Sandy meant I needed to wait another two weeks. Kinda frustrated since someone from my interview day already posted about getting accepted.

Called today as thanksgiving is six weeks since my interview. I was told Sandy meant I needed to wait another two weeks. Kinda frustrated since someone from my interview day already posted about getting accepted.
I'm in the same boat - I called almost two weeks ago and they told me to wait another week due to Sandy..people who interviewed after me got replies, and I really wanted to attend the luncheon! Hopefully they'll get back to us soon.

I'm in the same boat - I called almost two weeks ago and they told me to wait another week due to Sandy..people who interviewed after me got replies, and I really wanted to attend the luncheon! Hopefully they'll get back to us soon.

I'm pretty sure there are more accepted student luncheons later on in the school year so you should still be able to go if you want

Haha I'm not worried about missing the luncheon I just want that huge weight of waiting lifted off my shoulders

Status
Not open for further replies.