2012-2013 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Another paranoid question... On the status page it says "Your online forms are due on ____". Is that supposed to go away when you turn in your secondary and they receive LORs or does it just stay? Mine is still there, making me paranoid that I didn't do something... Thanks, peeps.

It doesn't go away. My status page still shows that, too.

Mine went away.

Mine is still there and the first two rows say "Received" with a date.

Mine is still there and the first two rows say "Received" with a date.

So, I actually called them and asked about mine. They said they had my secondary and LORs and that i was fine, so I'm guessing there's just some glitch or inconsistency about some of our "online form" lines. Might be worth calling for peace of mind, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone interview here yesterday? Could anyone share general impressions about MMI? I know you can't share specifics, but did you guys like the MMI?

Anyone? Could anyone who interviewed this week share any general impressions about the interview process? I'm pretty nervous about this one...since it's MMI!

I got an email with II yesterday! Out of state, so very excited about it. It must not be a rule that they call then.

I am in state and they did not call me either. Just an e-mail

hey! does anyone know what days of the week ucla interviews? and for those with II, what dates were they letting you sign up for? thanks in advance! :)

Congrats, margied! When were you complete?
Just got II. I was offered a secondary like 3 weeks ago if anybody's curious.

You don't select a date with them - instead you list days you like, and dates you are not available.

Just got II. I was offered a secondary like 3 weeks ago if anybody's curious.

You don't select a date with them - instead you list days you like, and dates you are not available.

Ah, I think you were in my 'batch.' Now I'll be glancing at my email every minute. Darn you! (read: congrats!)

+1 They dont really let you choose the exact dates. Its more like which weekdays are open to us.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the help! is everyone who has received IIs currently living in LA, or are they now sending IIs to people in other places?

Still. no. secondary.

Primary received Aug 6.

Is this a straight numbers screen?

well i know that at the beginning it seemed like they were giving interviews to people in LA who could schedule to come interview at the school with very small warning (only a couple of days ahead of the interview)

well i know that at the beginning it seemed like they were giving interviews to people in LA who could schedule to come interview at the school with very small warning (only a couple of days ahead of the interview)
northern california. invited via email. complete 8/6.

My status changed from "under review" to a blank space...what does this mean? :scared:

They said to send our official transcripts as soon as possible. Do they want that before/for the interview?

Anyone complete (secondary) around September 1 get an invite today? Just being neurotic, hehe.

Hey how long does it take for them to pick an interview date after you've sent them your availabilities?

Anyone recently receive a secondary?

i was verified 9/15 with a 3.74 34 MCAT- got all UC secondaries except UCLA so far :/

i was verified 9/15 with a 3.74 34 MCAT- got all UC secondaries except UCLA so far :/

Apparently they send them out in batches. UCLA was the last secondary I received as well. They sent out a batch at the end of July and then at the end of August. So, unless you see a flood of people on here saying they got a secondary and you still don't, I wouldn't much worry about it (still don't worry about it...but yeah).

Yeah, if you don't get one your stats won't have anything to do with it. I have several friends with MCATs <30 that received secondaries. Good luck!

Yeah, if you don't get one your stats won't have anything to do with it. I have several friends with MCATs <30 that received secondaries. Good luck!

Sub-30 MCAT scores received secondaries this year? Wow! Okay, so maybe its not a straight numbers screen. Hopefully they'll send another batch this week...

I've been verified since 7/18. NO SECONDARY

IS 3.65 33 and my break down is 9 verbal 12 phy and 12 bio. And no 9 is not a screened out #. My friend goes to UCLA med now and he had a 9 on verbal...

where is my secondary?!!?

When I called the person that answered the phone said that they do not do a numbers screen for secondaries. She said the AdCom reviews the entire application including the LORs. Then she told me that in some cases they send the secondary immediately and in some cases the review can take months. I am a bit confused by this information, but she seemed eager to hang up the phone with me so I didn't ask for clarification.

Wait, we need to have our LOR before we get a secondary?

haha I just sent them in now through amcas because of that lol, that would suck if that was the reason why I didnt get a secondary yet!

haha I just sent them in now through amcas because of that lol, that would suck if that was the reason why I didnt get a secondary yet!

I just checked my status here and it does say they have downloaded my LORs...

They send secondaries without looking at your LORs

hope i get a secondary in the next few days. i was verified august 22. 35/3.7/ucla undergrad

Status
Not open for further replies.