2012-2013 University of California - San Diego Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This autobiographical sketch is hard! ( I need to submit already I feel so late)

Members don't see this ad.

INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!! Complete mid July. This is unreal. I'm sooo stoked.

Current students: How do you like the school in terms of curriculum, research/volunteer opportunities, location, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha, no idea but my intuition says you are a.... developmental biologist!

HJF Henry Jackson Foundation (military biomedical research)
LDRR Laboratory for Diagnostic Radiology Research
CNRM Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine

In a nut shell, I bonk rats on the head and try to fix them.

LMGR: Lab of Molecular Growth Regulation
PGD: Program in Genetics of Differentiation
NICHD: National Institutes of Child Health and Human Devo

I'm in an immunology lab where we study epigenetic mechanisms of innate immunity...so not really devo lol.

LMGR: Lab of Molecular Growth Regulation
PGD: Program in Genetics of Differentiation
NICHD: National Institutes of Child Health and Human Devo

I'm in an immunology lab where we study epigenetic mechanisms of innate immunity...so not really devo lol.

Damn, I thought I had it. Good luck with your research and interviews!

Just got an "Electronic Billing Notice" from them, even though I've already paid my app fee and haven't gotten an II or anything. Anyone know what this is supposed to mean, if anything?

Has anyone received any more secondaries from UCSD. Especially if you applied early. I'm wondering if they have started to manual screen applicants.

Interview Invite! Complete Early August!
Can't even believe it! I had to read my name at least three times to convince myself the invite was in fact intended for me.

II yesterday afternoon! Complete on 8/5. Anyone else going on October 11th?

Last edited:
congrats on those interviews!

question for the "complete" date--did you guys get an email or are you just going by your payment date? I submitting secondary/payment 7/13..hoping for good news!

I have a question for those of you receiving IIs. Did any of you apply to the PRIME-Heq program?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on those interviews!

question for the "complete" date--did you guys get an email or are you just going by your payment date? I submitting secondary/payment 7/13..hoping for good news!

No complete email.

Did anyone receive post secondary rejection?

I just got a secondary invite a couple days ago and I submitted my primaries on like June 2nd. I have pretty low stats, does this mean they waited and they're giving me a chance? o_O *hopeful*

You submitted on June 2nd when applications opened on June 5th? :D

Jsak, that's kinda like.... Cheating on amcas? Lol I'm just kidding

I guess he meant July 2nd

Haha tell that to superbanhmi. I submitted way after the app cycle opened haha. Probably ya meant to say July 2nd haha

Just got an email the I've been placed on "hold" for interview -.- The email states that this means I won't be reviewed again until Feb. Anyone have any ideas about how many people on hold actually get interviews later?

Complete 8/27, and received an "on hold" status today.

"The UCSD School of Medicine Recruitment and Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application. The Committee initially makes one of three decisions. Applicants may be invited for an interview, placed on “hold” for an interview, or receive no further consideration for an interview.
You have been placed on “hold” for an interview. Our Committee will again review the applications of those on “hold” for an interview in early February 2012. We anticipate that additional interview offers will be extended at that time, but we are unable to assess/approximate the likelihood for any individual applicant. We are also not able to provide “feedback” to applicants on why this decision was made.

Every year applicants ask us if they can provide updates on activities, or additional letters of recommendation, or “letters of intent.” Please do not send any additional materials – interview decisions will be based on the materials we have already received through the regular application processes.

Thank you for your interest in the UCSD School of Medicine entering class of 2012."

Really? no update? wth

Just got an email the I've been placed on "hold" for interview -.- The email states that this means I won't be reviewed again until Feb. Anyone have any ideas about how many people on hold actually get interviews later?

Got the on hold email as well. Oh well!

hold here as well. let the waiting game begin again..

So any insights into whether a hold is essentially a rejection?

On hold too lame

Im assuming that if they do any interviews that late in the game it would solely be for the waitlist.

When were you guys complete? I'm OOS and completed 8/8 but haven't heard a peep. Anyone know if they do silent rejections? I'm guessing not since the don't even do silent holds.

put on hold too. is today hold day for ucsd or something? how cute.

When were you guys complete? I'm OOS and completed 8/8 but haven't heard a peep. Anyone know if they do silent rejections? I'm guessing not since the don't even do silent holds.

You'll probably hear something soon. In the email it says they do three things after reviewing your application: offer you an interview, put you on hold and look at you again in February, or reject you. It sounds like they don't do silent rejections.

On Hold for Interview as well.
Complete early august & avg stats for the accepted pool of applicants :confused:

Hold =/ Lucky I got all my update letters in before this email though.

For those being put on hold, do you see the on hold date in the ucsd portal?

With so few interviews occurring February and beyond given the large number of applicants placed on "hold," one can only wonder if this means rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.